U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-19-2008, 05:29 PM
 
Location: Cairo - Egypt
29 posts, read 98,979 times
Reputation: 21

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
American culture is simply put and is recognized by the thought of a "melting pot". Cultures from different countries come here and put their "piece" into the pot. You mix it all up and out comes American culture. On the contrary, Multi-culturalism goes AGAINST the thought of a melting pot. It means preserving your culture and not incorporating other cultures into your own.

There are others who don't believe in a melting pot at all, which is very understandable. The belief that the economic status of one is the culture that he/she brings on. Will a poor person be invited into charity balls where people pay $500 per person to eat crab? Will a poor person ever walk into a Saks 5th Avenue on a daily basis? Chances are no.


Dear ProLogic:
This is a good thing to talk with you.
Clearly you are a person possesses excellent culture
This appears from yoyr nicknames which reminds me of Greek tragedy written by Sophocles .
The ProLog of Greek tragedy in the beginning of the play,
General
I understand from your words :
All different cultures live together in America without that melt in the crucible of one .
Yes my friend the boat Is the same boat,this expression is true and good,I believe that is this reason
that makes Force American culture and the coherence of this culture.
I speak here about the true meaning of scientific term of the combrehencf culture .
This subject is too complex and I can not explained it with my bad languages , and I hope that You understand me, in spite of that.
Multiculturalism reason for the Force .
Vulnerable Culture will be extinct and will die and become folklore and not making any impact in people's lives.
Nice to speaking with you .
Thank you and thank everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-19-2008, 06:10 PM
 
7,352 posts, read 8,992,238 times
Reputation: 1879
I have a friend from Colombia (who immigrated here legally) and she just shakes her head at this whole situation. According to her, we're all a bunch of dupes, that the illegal immigrants--and the Mexican government--know exactly what they're doing, and are very adept at taking advantage of the PC rhetoric in the U.S. to get their way, calling Americans against illegal immigration "racist," portraying themselves as innocent victims, etc. She also said that "La Raza" is just as racist in Spanish as it is in English. In sum, her view is that Americans are just gullible and clueless. And that we will live to regret it if we extend amnesty.

As for me: My primary concern about illegal immigration at such high numbers is the environmental impact it will have. We surpassed sustainable population levels 30 years ago. Due to illegal immigration, and the reproductive rate of these immigrants (as well as uneducated legal immigrants and native-born people), we will have an additional 100 million people in this country in another 35 years. That's the prediction, anyway. Things are going to be very, very difficult. The land simply cannot sustain this level of population. It just can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2008, 06:14 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I have a friend from Colombia (who immigrated here legally) and she just shakes her head at this whole situation. According to her, we're all a bunch of dupes, that the illegal immigrants--and the Mexican government--know exactly what they're doing, and are very adept at taking advantage of the PC rhetoric in the U.S. to get their way, calling Americans against illegal immigration "racist," portraying themselves as innocent victims, etc. She also said that "La Raza" is just as racist in Spanish as it is in English. In sum, her view is that Americans are just gullible and clueless. And that we will live to regret it if we extend amnesty.

As for me: My primary concern about illegal immigration at such high numbers is the environmental impact it will have. We surpassed sustainable population levels 30 years ago. Due to illegal immigration, and the reproductive rate of these immigrants (as well as uneducated legal immigrants and native-born people), we will have an additional 100 million people in this country in another 35 years. That's the prediction, anyway. Things are going to be very, very difficult. The land simply cannot sustain this level of population. It just can't.
La Raza has multiple meanings like the word Gay-- referring to Happyness and a homosexual. The literal translation of the word literally means "The Race". Just like the literal meaning of the word Gay is Happy. The term La Raza can be used to reference: An entire community or even children/teenagers. There is a local radio station called La Raza, does it really mean that only people from Mexico can listen? Definitely not the case, in that context it means the reality. It is when Brown Supremacists use the term in a racial context to suit their needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2008, 06:56 PM
 
56 posts, read 85,258 times
Reputation: 25
The U.S. is a White European country, that's who built the country and who runs the government. Why are Americans mad at illegal immigration from third-world countries? Isn't the answers obvious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2008, 06:59 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by xino View Post
The U.S. is a White European country, that's who built the country and who runs the government. Why are Americans mad at illegal immigration from third-world countries? Isn't the answers obvious?
European dominated is different, before the Europeans it was Native territory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2008, 07:01 PM
 
56 posts, read 85,258 times
Reputation: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
before the Europeans it was Native territory.
Who says? The natives traveled here, too, but didn't do anything. Europeans built this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2008, 07:03 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by xino View Post
Who says? The natives traveled here, too, but didn't do anything. Europeans built this country.
I'm not saying who traveled where. I'm saying that prior to European arrival, it was native territory. I know Europeans built this country, along with all of Latin America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2008, 08:16 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I'm not saying who traveled where. I'm saying that prior to European arrival, it was native territory. I know Europeans built this country, along with all of Latin America.
All of Latin America built the U.S.A.?

I know you meant Europeans, but unclear pronoun reference there my friend. Others might misunderstand you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2008, 08:36 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
All of Latin America built the U.S.A.?

I know you meant Europeans, but unclear pronoun reference there my friend. Others might misunderstand you.
I can understand your 'confusion'; that stated------PL's grammar sentence structure is pretty damn good in all fairness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2008, 08:59 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I can understand your 'confusion'; that stated------PL's grammar sentence structure is pretty damn good in all fairness
I agree. He generally writes well. I was just having some fun with the boy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top