U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 09:31 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,621,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
All of Latin America built the U.S.A.?

I think you're right--as I recall, the "poster child" for the Latin American movement that provided the 'muscle' that actually 'built the USA' was Trini Lopez, with his award-winning English-language hit "If I Had A Hammer"......remember that one?.....( I believe Lopez claimed to have used his hammer "All Over This Land"....pretty busy guy, that Trini)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 04:06 PM

157 posts, read 277,028 times
Cool Logic

WHY ARE WE SO MAD AT ILLEGALS???? Very simple they work all right. No taxes are taken out. They get food stamps, welfare, WIC, ANY AND ALL THE FREE THINGS THE GOVERNMENT WILL LET THEM HAVE. BUT, Mr. American Citizen down the street, too sick and old to work. What about him?? Well. he can get by the best way he knows how because we HAVE TO help all these poor illegals! You know, the ones draining the medicare the American Citizen WAS SUPPOSE TO GET. That makes your blood boil!!!! So, that is why we are against every illegal coming across that border!

Old 02-28-2008, 08:58 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,692,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I think you're right--as I recall, the "poster child" for the Latin American movement that provided the 'muscle' that actually 'built the USA' was Trini Lopez, with his award-winning English-language hit "If I Had A Hammer"......remember that one?.....( I believe Lopez claimed to have used his hammer "All Over This Land"....pretty busy guy, that Trini)...
That's what happens when you're a'wishin' for a hammer.....

Old 02-28-2008, 10:34 PM

272 posts, read 715,481 times
Why are we so angry about ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION?

Because it is ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION....and no one is doing much about....and even more astonishingly....SOME people are actually FOR it!

Old 06-05-2008, 08:24 PM

219 posts, read 378,702 times
The ones with the money win. No one is hearing our voices because we are not the big money maker CEO's or business owners. They are making money off of it and we are just the ones on the other side dealing with the problems. I have seen my husband's wages driven down by half in construction, I finally had to ask him to find a new career because we don't live 100 to a house and we could not afford to live on those wages. He loved what he did and the illegals ruined it. I am afraid Pretty Hate Machine is right we are either going to lose our country and all that it stands for or there will be a civil war. Either one is pretty scary. But I for one am willing to fight to the end for this country that I love and that my Grandpa died for.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:52 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,398,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
The ones with the money win. No one is hearing our voices because we are not the big money maker CEO's or business owners. They are making money off of it and we are just the ones on the other side dealing with the problems. I have seen my husband's wages driven down by half in construction, I finally had to ask him to find a new career because we don't live 100 to a house and we could not afford to live on those wages. He loved what he did and the illegals ruined it. I am afraid Pretty Hate Machine is right we are either going to lose our country and all that it stands for or there will be a civil war. Either one is pretty scary. But I for one am willing to fight to the end for this country that I love and that my Grandpa died for.
Wow, blood just shot out of my eyes. This country is run by and for the special interest ruling elites and we have hordes of paid pro illegal open border lobbists with secret agendas on these forums spreading lies. The number of Americans sitting around with their thumbs up their a***s is astonishing. The ruling elites have all of the money and power. Sadly the only way to defeat these ruling elites is at the ballot box. Doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:01 PM

207 posts, read 373,147 times
Why are we mad about illegal immigration?

Here's why:

These people are here for what? So they can have a big screen TV, satellite dish and drive a car with "fly wheels"!

They have no investment in this country. The US is just a means to an end for them to extract bling.

Our grand parents went through Ellis Island and were demanded to follow rules. They - sneak across the border and make demands of us.

Our grand parents toiled and fought to survive Indian attacks, bitter winters, oppressions from the English, Spanish and French to build a new nation. These illegals have no such investment.

Our grand parents put their lifes on the line to fight imperialist Japan and the might of Hitler. And many died or came home terribly wounded. These illegals have no such investment.

When more recent immigrants came like the Italians for instance, the men assimilated and integrated. These illegals want to turn America into Northern Mexico.

America made demands on our grand parents. Illegals make demands on the white middle class American tax payer to fund the half dozen kids each one of their women has.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 28 days ago)

9,064 posts, read 15,478,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palpatein View Post
Why are we mad about illegal immigration?

Here's why:

These people are here for what? So they can have a big screen TV, satellite dish and drive a car with "fly wheels"!

Isn't that the American Dream? Fly Wheels?

They have no investment in this country. The US is just a means to an end for them to extract bling.

What about the Americans that hire them? What about their bling and investment in this country?

Our grand parents went through Ellis Island and were demanded to follow rules. They - sneak across the border and make demands of us.

Not everyones grandparents went through Ellis Island

Our grand parents toiled and fought to survive Indian attacks, bitter winters, oppressions from the English, Spanish and French to build a new nation. These illegals have no such investment.

Don't you mean manifest destiny and slaughtering of the indians of whom we now oppress into reservations?

Our grand parents put their lifes on the line to fight imperialist Japan and the might of Hitler. And many died or came home terribly wounded. These illegals have no such investment.

Actually we first jailed all Asians in our country, a large % of the military were/are hispanic BTW. And currently much of our Infantry are not US citizens.

When more recent immigrants came like the Italians for instance, the men assimilated and integrated.

Check your history Italians were shunned by purist Anglos and it took them generations to assimilate, actually Hispanics are right on track it takes 3 generations to gain almost 100% assimilation like waves of immigration before.

These illegals want to turn America into Northern Mexico.
Blah blah

America made demands on our grand parents. Illegals make demands on the white middle class American tax payer to fund the half dozen kids each one of their women has.

The KICKER STATEMENT!!!

Are white people the only ones in middle class?

So much dribble not enough time.

Something you should read about America:

Quote:
Manifest Destiny was a term used in the 1840s to justify the United States' westward expansion into such areas as Texas, Oregon, and California. There was a widely held underlying belief that Americans, the "chosen people," had a divinely inspired mission to spread the fruits of their democracy to the less fortunate (usually meaning Native Americans and other non-Europeans).

The idea of an almost religious Manifest Destiny was a common staple in the speeches and newspaper articles of the time. Most of the exponents of expansion were Democrats, but some Whigs (and later Republicans) were also supporters.

Manifest Destiny was later applied to American interests in the Caribbean and the Pacific, sharing much with the practice of imperialism.

Critics, both at that time and today, saw the Manifest Destiny rationale as a thinly veiled attempt to put an acceptable face on taking lands from other peoples. Motives were often described as well-intentioned efforts to improve the lot of backward masses, but in truth the motivators were greed and control.

Last edited by Mach50; 06-10-2008 at 04:31 PM..

Old 06-10-2008, 04:42 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Mach50:

Try again re: attempting to hide behind the 'Manifest Destiny' thing to try to 'guilt' us Americans (of any race/ethnicity)--------what did good ol' Cortez and his boys do to the Aztecs, etc?

Face it: the bottom line was that the indigenous peoples here were subjugated by a bigger and badder group of 'Indians' starting 1492............not saying it should have happened--------it is too late to put things back to what they were.

And; till Mexico (the biggest offender) gets its house in order concerning racism/classism against the Mestizos, etc.--------that nation needs to shut its mouth and butt out of our business. If Mx is so concerned about its citizens that are here illegally-------it should offer to take them back in instead of asking us to support their (frequently) criminal backsides.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 28 days ago)

9,064 posts, read 15,478,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Mach50:

Try again re: attempting to hide behind the 'Manifest Destiny' thing to try to 'guilt' us Americans (of any race/ethnicity)--------what did good ol' Cortez and his boys do to the Aztecs, etc?

Face it: the bottom line was that the indigenous peoples here were subjugated by a bigger and badder group of 'Indians' starting 1492............not saying it should have happened--------it is too late to put things back to what they were.

And; till Mexico (the biggest offender) gets its house in order concerning racism/classism against the Mestizos, etc.--------that nation needs to shut its mouth and butt out of our business. If Mx is so concerned about its citizens that are here illegally-------it should offer to take them back in instead of asking us to support their (frequently) criminal backsides.
Everyone is guilty at some stage of history.

My Manifest Destiny Response was to Senator Palpatein's attempt at painting this rosy picture of Americas past like they were always playing the role of defender...

In Yoda's voice "not so, they were very much offensive, your grandparents were, Senator Palpatein!"

I never said Mexico is concerned about their citizens, obviously from President Calderon speech he isn't too concerned.

Last edited by Mach50; 06-10-2008 at 05:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or