U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 01:02 PM

146 posts, read 530,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The thing is: This would be so easy to fix.

Why are illegal aliens coming to this country? Yes, I know that some are criminals coming to commit crime, but that is an extreme minority. Probably way less than 1%. Most are coming to find work. Why? Because businesses will hire them.

Go after the businesses. Start fining them. Start throwing some CEOs in jail.

Do that, and the "flood" of illegal aliens will slow to a trickle, because businesses will stop hiring them. A trickle we can control. A flood? Well, you might as well try to stop the tide from coming in.
Less than 1% come to commit crime? Wrong. The majority of drugs smugglers are Mexicans. Check the stats for incarcerated Mexican foreign nationals in the U.S. Outrageous.

Coming to find work? Wrong. Check the stats of the recipients for welfare and TANF. Dude, it's people like you who propogate the myth of the hard-working Mexican just-coming-to-work-what's-so-wrong-with-that attitude that turns the public sentiment against mass deportations. They're not hard-working, they're criminals.

Stop blaming Americans for the criminal acts of Mexicans. ICE can only fine so many businesses--they only have roughly 1200 Special Agents for the entire friggin' country! When the public stops aiding and abetting the presence of illegals, change will happen. When Americans get sick and tired of being called racists because they don't want to speak Spanish, change will happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2007, 12:59 AM

1,459 posts, read 4,040,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannie View Post
What are the names of the construction companies Jeb Bush owns? I'd like to read about them.

http://www.oldamericancentury.org/bushco/bush_crime_family.htm (broken link)

You won't find his name linked to any company that you can look up on your computer, the link above may explain why. It's long but a good read.

I have it on good authority that he owns (1) Real Estate Company (2) Construction Company (3) Yacht Sales Company.

Old 01-05-2007, 02:01 AM

911 posts, read 3,198,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLove View Post
Except that America, a nation that Europeans built up into a world superpower through their creativity, inventiveness and intelligence, is now drowning under a sea of uneducated, uncivilized people and there is no point -- no benefit -- and why is it being pushed on us?

Why are our children being forced to become a minority in the land our forefathers built? Why are we importing people who leech off the system? Why are we importing people who never built a successful society? Who never even had a wheel before we came? Who are bringing us crime, drugs, violence and poverty? Why? Why? Why?

Who is pushing this on us and how do we benefit?
Brilliant Post... .....................

Old 01-05-2007, 04:58 AM

79 posts, read 256,548 times
i have no problem with hispanics, but it is the ones who are poor and uneducated AND are willing to commit a crime. YES a crime, coming here illegally. I have immigrants in my family but legal ones. and they assimilated by learning english asap and opening themselves up to american culture while still respecting their own.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:28 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times

Old 05-18-2007, 01:26 AM

430 posts, read 1,259,048 times
I think it is economic threat and fear of change. The U.S. is an empire that is now under attack and in decline. Historically, empires have a 100% failure rate.

I do not think the U.S. will be an exception.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:06 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
6/3/07
Hazleton, Pa. Rally

YouTube - Hazleton Rally June 3, 2007 - Mayor Barletta's
speech

YouTube - William Gheen of ALIPAC in Hazleton June 3, 2007

Illegal Immigration VS Americans for Legal Immigration PAC

Old 06-05-2007, 02:23 PM

1,833 posts, read 5,752,426 times
If we keep taking in millions from 3rd world nations, soon we'll be a 3rd world nation ourself.

The flood must be stopped.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:28 PM

47 posts, read 114,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
LMAO! Classic!

Old 06-05-2007, 02:34 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times
The majority of the illegals seem to think that they can do whatever they want, wave the flags of foreign countries as a protest, they can boo US teams when Mexico comes to play, boo Miss USA, never have to get driver's licenses or insurance or buy fraudulent documents and/or steal IDs and SS#s, operate in a cash economy and break IRS laws, speak Spanish so you don't know what they are saying (even when they know some English), they don't have to get vaccinations, they have too many kids when they are already burdening the systems, throw trash out car windows, walk down the middle of the street, block people's driveways, party in the street, play loud music, don't wave but stare at you, refuse to stand or recite the pledge of allegiance etc. I could go on and on.

They just don't appear to be at all grateful or even scared of breaking the law.

If there were a few thousand I think we would be irritated but not really care that much. But there are millions and millions doing this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or