U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2008, 03:48 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaschula214 View Post
this is not immigrants fault its ours becuz we gave them what we want back now. dont blame the only people who has made america a better place. they are our future and our present we all know that now matter how racest ppl really are. we would be nothing without them any questions or answers call me at 2147536673. by the way my fiance just got deported the day before valentines day think about how i as an american feel. i love him and hes a human like everyone else. but what goes around does come back no matter who the ppl so please think about this.
A few links to help you down this road we call life. I think you'll find them essential, especially if your employment dreams/aspirations exceed the drive-thru at Taco Bell....

Dictionary.com

When I was scanning this cool little site, I found this interesting little tidbit...

il·le·gal /ɪˈligəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[i-lee-guhl] –adjective 1. forbidden by law or statute.
2. contrary to or forbidden by official rules, regulations, etc.: The referee ruled that it was an illegal forward pass.
–noun 3. Informal. illegal alien

—Related forms
il·le·gal·ly, adverb

—Synonyms 1. unlawful; illegitimate; illicit; unlicensed. Illegal, unlawful, illegitimate, illicit, criminal can all describe actions not in accord with law. Illegal refers most specifically to violations of statutes or, in organized athletics, codified rules: an illegal seizure of property; an illegal block (in football). Unlawful means not sanctioned by or according to law: an unlawful claim to the inheritance; to take unlawful advantage of the trading situation. Illegitimate means lacking legal or traditional right or rights: an illegitimate child; illegitimate use of privileged knowledge. Illicit, which originally meant simply “not permitted,” now most often applies to matters regulated by law with specific emphasis on the way things are carried out: illicit conversion of property; an illicit attempt to control the market. Criminal most often refers to violation of the statutes of penal as opposed to civil law. All felonies are criminal as are all crimes sometimes punishable by death such as murder, arson, and kidnapping: a criminal act.

Suprisingly enough, on this same site, I found this option.

Thesaurus.com

And low and behold....

Main Entry: illegal
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: lawless
Synonyms: actionable, banned, black-market*, bootleg*, contraband, criminal, crooked, extralegal, felonious, forbidden, heavy*, hot*, illegitimate, illicit, interdicted, irregular, lawless, not approved, not legal, outlawed, prohibited, proscribed, racket, shady, smuggled, sub-rosa, taboo, unauthorized, unconstitutional, unlawful, unlicensed, unofficial, unwarrantable, unwarranted, verboten, violating, wildcat*, wrongful

Imagine a world where literacy matters...

I'm not trying to be mean here, I just want you to realize how difficult it is to read your posts when you use non words such as ppl, becuz, and racest. There is really some good information to be found at both of these sites.

Additionally, you just need to understand the difference between "legal" and "illegal."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 03:56 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
A few links to help you down this

Imagine a world where literacy matters...
. ."
I'm not saying literacy isn't important, but it's not a person's fault if his parents weren't married. Illiteracy isn't a crime....

Old 02-14-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I'm not saying literacy isn't important, but it's not a person's fault if his parents weren't married. Illiteracy isn't a crime....
Okay Mac.

I've had a really difficult week at school but between this post and the last one you posted in response to something I said, you've got me nearly rolling on the floor.

Thanks for the best laugh I've had in days.....

Old 02-14-2008, 04:07 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Okay Mac.

I've had a really difficult week at school but between this post and the last one you posted in response to something I said, you've got me nearly rolling on the floor.

Thanks for the best laugh I've had in days.....
Lately I've found myself eagerly awaiting macmeal's next post. I STILL gotta spread the rep around before I can give him any more...

Old 02-14-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Lately I've found myself eagerly awaiting macmeal's next post. I STILL gotta spread the rep around before I can give him any more...
I know. This rep spreading is some sort of racket......

Old 02-14-2008, 04:37 PM

126 posts, read 245,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Sorry to hear of your sorrow, and you have my sympathy, as a fellow human. Actually, this is a pretty old thread...but your views MAY explain some of its title..."Why Americans are so ANGRY", etc.
A lot of them are angry at precisely such statements as YOURS....that the plight of the illegal immigrant is "our fault", and that the illegal immigrant is "the ONLY people who has made America a better place" Do you HONESTLY expect to make statements like this, and NOT make most Americans "mad" at you? Do you go around making such statements in public? Good luck !

In addition to being insulting (a sure way to make ANYBODY mad), your post is also nonsense. "Illegal immgrants are the ONLY people who have made America better"? And meanwhile, the rest of us did NOTHING? Sheer nonsense...no comment is needed here....

As far as "it's OUR fault, because we LET them in", I'll go along with this maybe 10%. We HAVE neglected the situation, and it should have been dealt with long ago. But to "blame" the US population for illegals being here, because we "allowed them in" is the height of arrogance. It's like blaming a supermarket because they "allowed" shoplifters into the store--- or blaming you for having your car stolen, because you "left the keys in it". How about blaming the car thief? Leaving the keys in your car may be stupid, but it's not the cause of auto thefts--- THIEVES are the cause of auto thefts.

And lax border enforcement doesn't CAUSE illegal imigration....willingness to 'sneak in', and to circumvent another country's laws, causes illegal immigration. Leaving your borders unguarded is "stupid"...but sneaking across that unguarded border is a crime.

It's the height of hypocrisy to say that "I'm in trouble, and it's YOUR FAULT, because you LET me get in trouble"....wrong. You (the illegals) are in trouble because you ignored the law, and hoped you'd get away with it. That's what got you in trouble, not the gullibility of the "American people"...
We used to be a very productive society, while maintaining a very good standard of living, now work ehtics has gone down to hell, everyone wants to make a quick buck while not making any effort, except for the one made claiming rights, whining, arguing, etc.
That's why we need our brothers from the south, they come here work hard,
make little money, do not use government services, and do not whine!!!!,
Nowaday we overuse the claim that we support legal inmigration and hate illegal inmigration, WHAT A STUPID "CLICHE ", it means nothing, what's the difference? a piece of paper? they all have two legs, and two arms.
I"ll give you an example of why is so stupid to passinately defend legal inmigration;
- a lot of people are granted legal status based on political persecution, after
the conflict in the balcans we gave refugee status to thousands of bosnians,
many of them were taken to central NY state, well it has been more than ten years and the majority of this people have never worked, receive all kinds
of assistance from the government, and use the system at will, Is this what we need, we most to be the biggest idiots in the world, in contrast the
hispanic workers come here on their own, work harder than anyone, hardly
ever use government services or health services, it's a win-win situation.
We should all rejoice every time one of these workers cross the border to come here and help us with our problems.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:47 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
We used to be a very productive society, while maintaining a very good standard of living, now work ehtics has gone down to hell, everyone wants to make a quick buck while not making any effort, except for the one made claiming rights, whining, arguing, etc.
Nowaday we overuse the claim that we support legal inmigration and hate illegal inmigration, WHAT A STUPID "CLICHE ", it means nothing, what's the difference? a piece of paper? they all have two legs, and two arms.
I"ll give you an example of why is so stupid to passinately defend legal inmigration;
- a lot of people are granted legal status based on political persecution, after
many of them were taken to central NY state, well it has been more than ten years and the majority of this people have never worked, receive all kinds
of assistance from the government, and use the system at will, Is this what we need, we most to be the biggest idiots in the world, in contrast the
We should all rejoice every time one of these workers cross the border to come here and help us with our problems.
Our "brothers from the South" have been coming here since before 'here' was 'here'. Up until recently, this was no problem, and was a 'win-win' situation, true. It was a 'victimless crime' that was tolerated, and no one seriously objected. The "brothers" worked hard, they were happy to be here, and we were happy to have them.

Those days are ending. The illegals are now branching out into jobs Americans want, and undercutting them. Many are angry, demanding, and not shy about the fact they aren't at ALL happy with the status quo. The burden on society has been great--hospital emergency rooms are closing year by year. Just TODAY I heard on the news that LA County is trying to close ALL of its health clinics, except ONE. Didn't get the details, but it's not hard to imagine why this happened....nor to imagine the fallout that will result in public health as a result.

Maybe it looks different where YOU live, but here, I don't think the 'benefits' quite equal the price....

Old 02-14-2008, 04:59 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,411 times
Quote:
osomd1,

Please stop writing one post and sticking it into multiple threads, it's very annoying and I believe it qualifies as 'spam'. Most of us here are intelligent enough to absorb what you write without being subjected to it in a continuous 'loop'. We might not AGREE with it, but I'm sure we're all capable of 'getting it' the first time.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:00 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
Quote:
Here we go again, yada, yada, yada,,,,,, kissy, kissy, kissy with no reguards for the Main cause of the issue, ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your going to jump into a topic a twist the main subject around, I suggest you keep you pro-illegal opinions to yourself, because they won't hold water here!

Old 02-14-2008, 05:17 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
ever use government services or health services,
it's a win-win situation.
Moat of your 'Hispanic' workers happen to be illegal--------hell yes, they will work hard or face deportation.

They have no rights beyond any other lawbreaker.

Once 'legal'; most people of any race/ethnicity tend to 'slack off' because they have rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or