Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2008, 06:49 PM

126 posts, read 280,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Funny; last time I heard it was Hillary whom the pro illegal crowd likes---------most of whom happen to be 'Hispanic'

OTOH: American Blacks tend more towards Obama---------along with many non Hispanic White Americans

you are just watching too much tv, get a hobby man!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 06:57 PM

126 posts, read 280,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Using Spain as a proxy for Mexico: once the former country got its 'house in order' (rule of law, etc); then it was rewarded with entry into the EU complete with the Euro, open borders, etc.

The ball is in Mexico's court----------it has to bring itself up to US standards first. Read that reform and enforce its tax laws, reign in corruption, play hard ball with the drug lords, etc.

Hey, those sound like great ideas!, you should run for "el presidiente de el mexico"

Old 02-18-2008, 07:00 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraa Elkhateeb View Post
I would like to begin my post To thank Mr.sassyone and Mr.osomd1
and all friends all who estimated the talk or who did not appreciate Talk which I.
Dear decafdave:
I want to explain to you the following:
I write and read in Arabic because it is my mother tongue and I have poor English language
For this reason I write some expressions error or unintelligible you.
I do not like to talk about myself particularly in public forums but now I find myself compelled to
talk about myself:
Because I want to stay with you and the American people.
I novelist Writer,I am famous in my country
Perhaps I known perhaps I should be famous to some intellectuals Americans who read Arabic
American professor translated my first novel and translated some short stories I wrote that.
Marilyn Booth Books (Used, New, Out-of-Print) - Alibris UK
I visited America more than once Lectures were given in some American universities for the Egyptian literature.
I visited 8 U.S. Cities especially big cities , I fell in love with a small town in Virginia.
I love Arlington VA
I write now a novel about Egypt and America, will be brought to the Arlington Virginia and Illinois
After 3 months even completed my novel.
I want you understanding my purposes .
And greetings to you and to all friends.

That's very interesting, I'll google your works. It's nice to have you here-I hope you don't misinterpret my earlier post for rudeness. I'd love to visit Egypt one day, but for now I'm just a poor university student.

Don't feel bad about the English, your english is alot better than my Arabic!

Old 02-18-2008, 07:08 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,587 times
Baraa,
I'm glad you have decided to stay, I think we can learn a lot from you.
Again Welcome
Sassy

Old 02-18-2008, 07:17 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
Hey, those sound like great ideas!, you should run for "el presidiente de el mexico"
Presi "Diente?"......."EL Mexico? (cuantos son?)".....

Old 02-18-2008, 09:54 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,587 times
Well at least all of the debating about "illegal immigration" has taken the heat off the goverment for the war in Iraq, I'm sure that is a relief for them.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:45 PM

29 posts, read 113,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I hope ALL of us note your words before we call for too much "multiculturalism", as many of us have. Are you LISTENING, everyone? Here's a man who can't SPEAK as freely as we do.....because of the LAWS where he lives...which are different from OUR laws. Let's recall this the next time we feel like calling for "Change"....Change from WHAT, to WHAT?....as Elkhateeb's post points out, SOME things in other cultures are fine, but SOME we wouldn't want here....such as the "culture" that protects itself by imprisoning those guilty of free speech.
"Be Careful What You Wish For", as we say here in the USA....and that goes for everything, including cultural change..

Thanks for your post--and for letting me "borrow" it....

Dear mac:
I am very happy, every word you said given me happiness.
You talk about multiculturalism,this very good ,but let's be fair and truthful,therefore, I want to say:
I am almost an American cultures because I did not write the novel to read novels by writers most Americans
Was a young man I read novels : Faulkner and Steinbeck
and hemingway. I read a lot about American history.I liked South American from the novels of Faulkner,
I saw the North American with eyes four Debra A. Johnson .
Dear mac:
You talk about multiculturalism:
Each Scientific achievementand ,all the food , all the art and all civilization now has the characteristics of American
Therefore, the responsibility of America very great because the American peopleare the original this Genius achievement's owner .
You are talking about a culture that protects itself,this is good,For the protection of culture should not,
It is the responsibility of the Americans to protect American society
I can understand that and I say:The American society that protects itself from the terrorists
Whether they are, Muslims , Christians , Jews or any religion, therefore, must solve a difficult equation
between illegal immigration and the protection of American society.
Greetings to you
And greetings for all.
Baraa

Old 02-18-2008, 11:22 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraa Elkhateeb View Post
Dear mac:
I am very happy, every word you said given me happiness.
You talk about multiculturalism,this very good ,but let's be fair and truthful,therefore, I want to say:
I am almost an American cultures because I did not write the novel to read novels by writers most Americans
Was a young man I read novels : Faulkner and Steinbeck
and hemingway. I read a lot about American history.I liked South American from the novels of Faulkner,
I saw the North American with eyes four Debra A. Johnson .
Dear mac:
You talk about multiculturalism:
Each Scientific achievementand ,all the food , all the art and all civilization now has the characteristics of American
Therefore, the responsibility of America very great because the American peopleare the original this Genius achievement's owner .
You are talking about a culture that protects itself,this is good,For the protection of culture should not,
It is the responsibility of the Americans to protect American society
I can understand that and I say:The American society that protects itself from the terrorists
Whether they are, Muslims , Christians , Jews or any religion, therefore, must solve a difficult equation
between illegal immigration and the protection of American society.
Greetings to you
And greetings for all.
Baraa
American culture is simply put and is recognized by the thought of a "melting pot". Cultures from different countries come here and put their "piece" into the pot. You mix it all up and out comes American culture. On the contrary, Multi-culturalism goes AGAINST the thought of a melting pot. It means preserving your culture and not incorporating other cultures into your own.

There are others who don't believe in a melting pot at all, which is very understandable. The belief that the economic status of one is the culture that he/she brings on. Will a poor person be invited into charity balls where people pay $500 per person to eat crab? Will a poor person ever walk into a Saks 5th Avenue on a daily basis? Chances are no.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I did indeed make note of that, macmeal, and I hope Baraa's presence here doesn't lead to any trouble for him in Cairo. We've certainly seen how China deals with the Internet.

Baraa, I would like to say that I am honored by your presence here, please continue to speak your mind freely, it is good for us 'spoiled' folks to see how good we really have it here.

Thank you.
Dear GuyPinestra:
Thank you for your feelings Fine.
I want you to rest assst assured,for me I have no problem to attend to USA and I am visiting America without problems
Your words are true for the problems to me with my Governments.
In the youth
I write in the university press
And management get me from the university to prison
From this day run I meet problems with the administration,I even writer meet many problems in the dissemination of my stories.
Of this I publish my views on the
I live in a small country governed by the corrupt.
In my country
Many of corruption ,there bribery ,injustice and repressing freedom.
I love my country but I hate all government and not respected this Government .
For this I say my opinion on the Internet and talking with people like you are free not even me crazy.
Thank you
Thank you for all
Baraa

Old 02-18-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
That's very interesting, I'll google your works. It's nice to have you here-I hope you don't misinterpret my earlier post for rudeness. I'd love to visit Egypt one day, but for now I'm just a poor university student.

Don't feel bad about the English, your english is alot better than my Arabic!

Dear decafdave :
I felt from the beginning that you are a good person
My son in almost your age he is my youngest sons and I hope that decent like you and be respectable.
he is a student in the College of arts at the University of Cairo,he hopes to visit usa he is of course a poor student University but paternity is not poor.he can be able to travelers in Egypt for a month ,of course with my money .
You can think of this offer without any liability to you.
Thank you.
Baraa

Last edited by Baraa Elkhateeb; 02-19-2008 at 12:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration