U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 07:05 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Oh yeah, Bush...that guy who let all the black people drown.
As if Nagin (who, BTW, is a Black man) and Blanco can be absolved of their ineptitude?

I detest Bush; but, the Katrina evacuation debacle I cannot hang on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 10:32 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,397,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
President Bush suspended The Davis-Bacon Act to allow cheap labor to rebuild New Orleans.

Bush Suspends Pay Act In Areas Hit by Storm
In my opinion, the dry drunk jorge, who I sadly voted for, whose seemingly incompetence can only be explained by his secret agenda to merge Mexico with the US in the NAU, allowed the cheap illegal labor to come in in a PR move so he could say 'look the illegals rebuild New Orleans', 'illegals are beneficial to this country'. Too bad that many of the legal citizens of New Orleans, who desperately needed work, were undercut by illegals and didn't get any of the jobs.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:42 AM

4,514 posts, read 8,599,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Oh well.

Good riddance to lawbreakers.
Houstonians might think that you're talking about the evacuees--one reason to secure our border with Louisiana. Another reason is that a police chase started in Beaumont and ended across the river in Louisiana. I wonder if a border checkpoint would've stopped him from going further into Louisiana?

Old 05-20-2008, 11:25 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,136,339 times
Quote:
Oh yeah, Bush...that guy who let all the black people drown.
Actually, Bush did not let those folks drown, the idiot mayor and the gov let the busses sit idol while they drown. Bush did in fact try to offer help right away, but I believe it was far more benificial to the goofs running the state to let it appear that the Bush team failed. I do not like Bush, but truth is truth.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:41 PM

23,003 posts, read 31,957,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Actually, Bush did not let those folks drown, the idiot mayor and the gov let the busses sit idol while they drown. Bush did in fact try to offer help right away, but I believe it was far more benificial to the goofs running the state to let it appear that the Bush team failed. I do not like Bush, but truth is truth.
[moderator cut: too far off topic].

(BTW rent "Hurricane Katrina: A Requiem in 4 Acts" it will open your eyes.)

Now back to the OP, the illegals leaving New Orleans can't be anything but a good thing. Now more jobs are opened up so the city can get back more of its pre-Katrina residents. Believe me NO still has a whole mess of problems but at least they are solving one.

Last edited by madicarus2000; 05-20-2008 at 10:27 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 05-20-2008, 11:03 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
[moderator cut: too far off topic].

(BTW rent "Hurricane Katrina: A Requiem in 4 Acts" it will open your eyes.)

Now back to the OP, the illegals leaving New Orleans can't be anything but a good thing. Now more jobs are opened up so the city can get back more of its pre-Katrina residents. Believe me NO still has a whole mess of problems but at least they are solving one.
I think illegal immigration is pretty far from the worst problems New Orleans is dealing with. At least the illegals were there working...its not like they chose to go there to be on welfare and enjoy the sights. They were contributing. For their own benefit, but still. Whatever gets the city rebuilt is important. Cuz they got a looong way to go.

New Orleans has more problems.....like being destroyed and in need to be rebuilt.

Also the crime issue.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:07 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
New Orleans should not be as large as it was since it's below sea level and in a spot prone to flooding.

If people want to live there and risk future hurricanes, they will rebuild there. That was government money being given to the illegals, to entice them there, and that money should be used to help Americans not foreign groups.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
New Orleans should not be as large as it was since it's below sea level and in a spot prone to flooding.

If people want to live there and risk future hurricanes, they will rebuild there. That was government money being given to the illegals, to entice them there, and that money should be used to help Americans not foreign groups.
The problems of New Orleans are very serious. Its a historial American city that was destroyed.
Thats way more serious than illegal immigration.
Let it be rebuilt as fast as possible.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:28 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
The problems of New Orleans are very serious. Its a historial American city that was destroyed.
Thats way more serious than illegal immigration.
Let it be rebuilt as fast as possible.
Rebuilt as a Mexican city? Why? If it's not going to be rebuilt for it's previous inhabitants then let it be. New Orleans is too prone to flooding to just invite a whole population of foreign people to come and live there.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Rebuilt as a Mexican city? Why? If it's not going to be rebuilt for it's previous inhabitants then let it be. New Orleans is too prone to flooding to just invite a whole population of foreign people to come and live there.
theyre not living there. theyre just going there for the work. and theres lots of work to be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or