U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 10:53 AM

510 posts, read 1,119,702 times
Wow! They chose to illegally take those jobs. Blame the employers and the illegal employees.

What evidence is there that construction would come to a stand still if we deported all of the illegals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2007, 11:19 AM

1,700 posts, read 4,248,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljaybird View Post
What evidence is there that construction would come to a stand still if we deported all of the illegals?
Well, where ya from!? In California, Construction Workers are 99.9% of the labor. Everyone and their brother knows the Industry would collapse if illegal immigrants were deported. I'll get you some evidence JayBird, because you have been respectful.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:23 AM

5,080 posts, read 2,680,110 times
Tell ya what.. If we send them all back and we can not find the labor here with in a years time to do the jobs these illegals do, we can invite these illegals back on a guest visa to finish the jobs.

This way they are here legally now, they pay into the system, they make thier money, and we all win.. but I betcha if we send them all back.. good hard working Americans will fill the void and we wont need to bring any of them back.

but lets find out.. what have we got to loose, but a few million illegals.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Tell ya what.. If we send them all back and we can not find the labor here with in a years time to do the jobs these illegals do, we can invite these illegals back on a guest visa to finish the jobs.

Just like after World War II

Old 01-11-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:

This way they are here legally now, they pay into the system, they make thier money, and we all win.. but I betcha if we send them all back.. good hard working Americans will fill the void and we wont need to bring any of them back.

I'm sure Texas has numerous illegal immigrant Construction Workers. The cost of living in California is too high for many citizens to even consider the option of Construction.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:36 AM

The healthy job market for Latinos has been driven by the construction industry. Construction added nearly a half a million jobs alone between the second quarters of 2005 and 2006, the majority of them filled by foreign-born Latinos. Since the jobs recovery began in 2003, nearly 1 million Latinos have found jobs in construction, accounting for about 40% of all new jobs gained by Hispanics. The construction sector, however, is showing signs of a slowdown, and that could have an impact on Latino employment.

All I could find, I'll look some more later!
Nea1's favorite website Pewhispanic.org lol

Old 01-11-2007, 11:54 AM

10,010 posts, read 11,442,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
The healthy job market for Latinos has been driven by the construction industry. Construction added nearly a half a million jobs alone between the second quarters of 2005 and 2006, the majority of them filled by foreign-born Latinos. Since the jobs recovery began in 2003, nearly 1 million Latinos have found jobs in construction, accounting for about 40% of all new jobs gained by Hispanics. The construction sector, however, is showing signs of a slowdown, and that could have an impact on Latino employment.

All I could find, I'll look some more later!
Nea1's favorite website Pewhispanic.org lol
I dont even know what website you are referring to but you dont know me so please keep your remarks like that to yourself.
What will happen will be the Centex's and Dr Hortons, will have to start paying the subs decent money so they can afford to pay decent hardworking americas enough money to take care of their families, which is the way it was BEFORE the illegals started coming. Lose a little of the billions in profit and everything would be fine. Your one week in the way to hard for you construction, and driving by the sites ,does not give you a clue to the real world out there. Some of us dont live with mommy and daddy, we have kids to take care of a bills to pay. We dont want to live in a house with four other families and live off the taxpayers, some of us actually want to pay our way.

Last edited by Nea1; 01-11-2007 at 01:11 PM..

Old 01-11-2007, 11:56 AM

10,010 posts, read 11,442,045 times
Quote:

but lets find out.. what have we got to loose, but a few million illegals.
I am with you, I know PLENTY that would love those jobs.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:09 PM

1,393 posts, read 9,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
you wanna start slinging some mud???!!! Bring it on!!!!

What will happen will be the Centex's and Dr Hortons, will have to start paying the subs decent money so they can afford to pay decent hardworking americas enough money to take care of their families, which is the way it was BEFORE the illegals started coming. Lose a little of the billions in profit and everything would be fine. Your one week in the way to hard for you construction, and driving by the sites ,does not give you a clue to the real world out there. Some of us dont live with mommy and daddy, we have kids to take care of a bills to pay. We dont want to live in a house with four other families and live off the taxpayers, some of us actually want to pay our way.
I have to agree here. If you don't work in construction then, you really don't know the ends and outs of the construction. They say Americans don't want them that would be those that have been taught to suck off others or ask the government to take care of them why work for a check when the money is free and you can sell drugs on the side.
The say bottom of the pole jobs will at one time my husband and I did those jobs until we got enough experience to start our own buisness and we still find ourselves doing jobs that aren't pleasant but, we have bills to pay and kids too feed and really don't need the government to help us. I don't even see how most live off welfare or cashier jobs.
Nothing againist cashier jobs but, those are for teenagers and people who don't need much to survive. I am not happy with people using illegals so, they don't have to pay them as much and not with holding taxes.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:20 PM

1,393 posts, read 9,402 times
As for illegal immigrants - punish the companies who hire them. Also, if more white and black Americans would work those jobs the Hispanics are currently working - where would the need be.

To me the Hispanics have become the modern day slaves.[/quote]

One difference they have chosen too come here we are not forcing them here. The ones I see on the job sites don't feel like slaves they are happy to be working. They make more money in a day then, they would in a year or two in Mexico. They can always go back across the border most of us would be gald to help!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration