U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 05:57 PM

1,393 posts, read 869,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I am curious to know WildBerries what position your dad held? Thank you for not attacking me tonight! lol
My step-dad started out picking up on the job site and worked his way up to foreman and yes, there were times when pinto beans & fried potatoes were all we ate. My mom comes from a family of 7 brothers and sisters and growing up they picked cotton in Arizona (yeah white folks )to help feed the family not too buy the next hot game out there like kids today.

It took all of them if the Mexicans had come in an taken over they would be without work. That's how she meet my real dad and they did this back breaking work until machines came along.

Not sure were your city is but, Northern California Durham,CA and the Biggs area by Sacramento have a lot of fruit orchards and white folk depended on this work too feed there family and when the farmers were short on help that's when the guest workers would come in and help and then, go back to Mexico so, we only dealt with them during the season and they were not asking for hand outs or our S.S. Now they are there all the time and the white folk have to compete for work with them.

Just wanted you too know not everyone can be a doctor or lawyer. White folks do a lot of work that supposedly only immigrants will do. This is a bunch of bull that the politicians are trying to put on us so, that we will feel more comfortable losing jobs to immigrants.

I hope this has shed some light on why we are angry with this issue. Not all of us have the education to be doctors or lawyers and were not born with a silver spoon in our mouths.

Sleep well!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2007, 07:49 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,848,477 times
WildBerries, that was a great story. Yeah, so much of America struggles for what they need. I live in Southern California, this isn't a real city next to my name, the last time I put the real name I was branded by many members. I live in a wealthy suburb of Los Angeles, but I don't make the money, my parents do. I have branched out to all life of Los Angeles, meeting numerous people from the inner-city and spending some time there. You're absolutely right, not everyone is born with the "golden duck"! Your Stepfather showed an inspiration. I completely believe white people can do extremely difficult tasks. In present day California, you have to make decent money to be able to afford a decent neighborhood and life. I feel for those who can't stay in California due to finances, even if they hate my golden state.lol.

Old 01-13-2007, 04:48 PM

Just wondering have you spent time with the middle class people that would be lower-middle class just above poverty? Spend time with framers,ranchers, construction workers the back bone of America talk to the old-timers above 50 you will learn a lot about how America used to be.
There have always been people with money but, white America has done a whole lot for this country and they deserve some recognition for building America rather then, being the problem with America.
I feel that a lot of our youth are growing up with money available and if you want it parents by it. Youth today have no work ethic because, they want the top job not the dish washing job. With you living in South Calif. that way of life has always been different then, Northern Calif. living they have always seperated their selves from Southern Calif. I notice when I meet someone they will usually say I am from Northern Calif. if from the north.
Life with out money or very little opens your eyes to how people really make a living.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:01 PM

WildBerry, I appreciate the contributions of all Americans over time. I have spent time with the lower and middle class in different kinds of atmospheres. I am very dissapointed with the treatment of illegal immigrants. The ones I have met desire a better life for them and their families. It makes me sad, many Americans inability to lose their frustration over the illegal immigration issue and accept these people as humans and not illegal.

Old 01-14-2007, 10:14 AM

What your not seeing is they are threatening our way of life. My son just out of high school is having to compete with Hispanics for jobs that are starting out jobs for graduates so, that he can further his collage education and work at the same time. The wages are being lowered and the quality of workmen ship is very poor. Most do not have middle school education and they don't speak English so, it takes longer to explain. Sometimes they have a translator to help. Also, there are so, many coming at one time and as soon if not before the woman are pregant and that baby is a citizen but, the parnets are not. How would you like growing up knowing you were American but, the rest of your family was not? The stress your family would live under plus the lies.
There are homes being built at a near by ski resort we are talking 2-4 million dollar home and the homes built here 20-30 years ago are better built then, these. The rich have no idea about workmanship most do not even know how to use a hammer let, alone a nail gun.
It's the over all picture and Americans fought for their freedom and a way of government that has laws to abide by. They have no law and so, they have chaos they need to rise up as proud people and take back their land and organize a way of law that will provide life and hope.
They have a beautiful country if their government would open up to American spending and allowing land to be purchased, get rid of their drug cartel ,create better tourism they would have it made. But, their government is putting it off to the Americans to take care of this and the bleeding hearts are buying right into Mexico's lies and deceit.

Old 01-14-2007, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,296 times
LAW AND ORDER is the issue. Ethnicity does not matter.
1. entering America NOW illegally is against the law
2. illegal aliens have a disproportionately high CRIMINAL HISTORY
3. America's infrastructure is collapsing from public aide to illegals
4. America is not enforcing her immigration laws
5. Many illegal aliens are here to undermine and destroy America, which is funny because they want what we have in America
visit minutemanhq.com for more data

Old 01-14-2007, 05:45 PM

77 posts, read 441,842 times
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and we are overflowing with immigrants from everywhere. I was in a crowded Costco a few weeks ago and heard no English spoken at all. Now that is scary. The local Home Depot and Sears make all their annoucements in Spanish. That is scary, too. The number of immigrants, both legal and illegal, is greatly underestimated. It is basically a free-for-all. One person from a country will come here and then bring all his or her relatives. Is the INS a paper tiger?
No one will explain to me why my government is allowing my culture, language and way of life to be decimated.
I thought a country existed for the benefit of its citizens.
There is no one anywhere that can tell me that having 10 million foreign born people living in California is good for the state. (10 million is an estimate, but probably an accurate one.) Those of you who think this has to do with race are wrong. It has to do with quality of life issues:
The Mexicans, who make up the majority, live 20 to 30 to a house, their children (all 10 of them) get a free education, they pay no income tax if they are working illegally, and they send most of their money back to Mexico instead of investing it back into the US economy. Many refuse to learn English. And our freeways are packed, making going anywhere a nightmare.
The American way of life is threatened. Be forewarned.

Old 01-14-2007, 06:36 PM

597 posts, read 1,786,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainie View Post
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and we are overflowing with immigrants from everywhere. I was in a crowded Costco a few weeks ago and heard no English spoken at all. Now that is scary. The local Home Depot and Sears make all their annoucements in Spanish. That is scary, too. The number of immigrants, both legal and illegal, is greatly underestimated. It is basically a free-for-all. One person from a country will come here and then bring all his or her relatives. Is the INS a paper tiger?
No one will explain to me why my government is allowing my culture, language and way of life to be decimated.
I thought a country existed for the benefit of its citizens.
There is no one anywhere that can tell me that having 10 million foreign born people living in California is good for the state. (10 million is an estimate, but probably an accurate one.) Those of you who think this has to do with race are wrong. It has to do with quality of life issues:
The Mexicans, who make up the majority, live 20 to 30 to a house, their children (all 10 of them) get a free education, they pay no income tax if they are working illegally, and they send most of their money back to Mexico instead of investing it back into the US economy. Many refuse to learn English. And our freeways are packed, making going anywhere a nightmare.
The American way of life is threatened. Be forewarned.
Exactly right. When was the last time you looked around and said, "hmmm, we sure need some more people in this country. Hmmm, we don't have enough traffic. Hmmm, we need more people on welfare." Hmmm, sounds pretty stupid if you ask me. We have something like 1.8 million people coming to this country legally and illegally EVERY year in this country. That's why we're expected to have half a billion people in this country by the end of this century. Who thinks this is a good thing? Sure as hell isn't me. I've called for it and I'll say it again, we need a moratorium on immigration. Period. Pre-1965 we were only getting something like 200,000 immigrants a year, now it is around 1.8 million. Is there something wrong with this picture?

Old 01-14-2007, 06:38 PM

Yes, WildBerries, I never said the illegal immigration system wasn't terrible. It's very chaotic, with a large influx of people crossing the border illegally. With that said, it does not give people the right to be disrespectful, and spewing venom and categorizing illegal immigrants as criminals, dangerous, and absolutely the cause of destruction for Americans. I live in Los Angeles, WildBerries, we all know the illegal immigrants are filling the job gap. I perfectly understand the illegal immigrants are taking numerous jobs from Americans. I haven't been hired in certain places, because there's an influx of illegal immigrants. Do you see me wasting my life away on internet chat rooms about how horrible illegal immigrants are and how poisonous they are to American Society? Until people show humane respect for illegal immigrants, I'll have a difficult time respect people's complaints.

Old 01-14-2007, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
They have a beautiful country if their government would open up to American spending and allowing land to be purchased, get rid of their drug cartel ,create better tourism they would have it made. But, their government is putting it off to the Americans to take care of this and the bleeding hearts are buying right into Mexico's lies and deceit.
I would like to get rid of the prison groups and the terrorists as well. I would like Los Angeles to be more appealing for tourists. I would like my government to spend money on poverty, me, and community? You can't control things out of your reach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or