U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-04-2007, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Maine
15,078 posts, read 19,718,275 times
Reputation: 17188

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljaybird View Post
The Cubans are considered to be under political protection. Because they have a tyrant as a leader, we grant them some protection when entering here. They just need to land on their own two feet.

Maybe that's why?
Yep. Cubans are considered refugees, and the US offers them help. As we should. Yay, USA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2007, 10:03 AM
 
79 posts, read 256,548 times
Reputation: 57
Default cubans ok

they are different from the typical hispanic groups we get in this country. they emphasize education, family, good morals. don't mind them at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2007, 12:20 PM
 
504 posts, read 1,619,132 times
Reputation: 324
Gee, the Mexican family down the street from me speak English, educate thier children, own thier house, go to church and help out neighbors. Looks like they have good morals, don't see any dancing girls, don't smell any pot must be the Mexican dialect. I can say the same for the Cubans that live next to me and the Puerto Ricans that live behind me. We have a nude dancer that lives in the neighborhood with men coming in all day and night and and she is white probably from the United States of America. I will admit we have a immigration problem but its people like you that make solving the problem intelligently almost impossible. What king of crap are you spewing? Not one person has said anything about all the Arabs that are here illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2007, 04:14 PM
 
79 posts, read 256,548 times
Reputation: 57
yes there is white trash. not a fan of that either. they don't emphasize education, an intact family unit, etc. it is not racist of me, but definitely culturally biased, yes, but the majority of cubans i have met are educated and have a two parent family unit. this is ingrained in their culture from what i can see. there are good mexican families, but the ones that come to this country don't emphasize education, etc. maybe because they are the mexican equivalent of white trash. the crap that i am spewing is honesty and i think that we need more of it, even if what i say is nonsense in your opinion. while i do know many decent and educated puerto ricans, on the whole, the ones who come here don't have intact family units, don't emphasize education, etc. puerto ricans from puerto rico actually look down on puerto rican americans so it could be that the underclass of puerto rico came here, and not the higher class ones. i didnt mention illegal arabs because i don't know any. i know some arab people, but they are wealthy and came over here legally. i think the kind of illegals you get depends on your location. how do arabs come here illegally? isn't it a bit far for that? i mean mexicans can just cross the border. how do the arabs do it? and i don't approve of the way, as a whole they treat women, but also know that this ranges from arab country to arab country and you can be an arab christian, muslim or atheist so that could impact things as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2007, 10:49 AM
 
3 posts, read 4,242 times
Reputation: 11
Wink The real reason

We have the wet foot dry foot rule just to tick off Castro, we do business with many despots that are far worse than him but the government knows that he helped to facilitate the assisination of JFK after we tried to kill him and failed like fifteen times.

We give 10 billion a year to Musharuf in Pakistan and there is no wet foot dry foot rule for Hatians or Ecuadorians and yes I can recognize a Cuban accent it's very pronounced as is a Puerto Rican or Mexican or a Georgian's or a Brooklynite's

I have just one question... When the Pilgrims landed on Plymouth Rock didn't they land on the natives that were already here? Karma always comes and taps you on the shoulder it may take three hundred years but it does...a country founded and built by immigrants should not be so rightetously indignant when the demography changes. Our forefathers stole this land basically and now we have to share and don't like it. Too bad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2007, 10:53 AM
 
Location: Kingman AZ
15,371 posts, read 33,759,682 times
Reputation: 8976
hmmmmmm when my [multi great] grandmother got here in 1636 did she forget to check with the imigration office.......?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2007, 11:02 AM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,003,968 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zennprincess60 View Post

...a country founded and built by immigrants should not be so rightetously indignant when the demography changes. Our forefathers stole this land basically and now we have to share and don't like it. Too bad

This nation wasn't built by immigrants. It was built primarily by Americans who were born here, and therefore they are native to this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2007, 08:07 PM
 
Location: Miami (for now)
68 posts, read 53,929 times
Reputation: 20
To those of you who say that Cubans immigrants are somehow better than Mexican immigrants, I suggest you come down here (to South Florida) and spend some time. Many of these people are not educated and many refuse to assimilate, or learn English. Miami now resembles San Juan more than it resembles any true American city. Politicians here are corrupt, just like the third world. Immigrants seem to bring the worst of their cultures with them, not the best. If you are an Anglo in Miami, prepare to live the life of an outcast, because they will not accept you and as far as they are concerned, you are on their soil.

It's about time the "wet foot, dry foot" policy was brought to an end. Just like illegal Mexicans need to be kept out of Mexifornia, illegal Cubans need to be kept out of Florida. Trust me when I say that they have ruined Miami. Miami is not the major cosmopolitan, vibrant hub that you think it is--it's a cesspool, devoid of culture, dominaed by Cubans, many of whom have less class than your average trailer trash in Hicktown, AL (just replace country with reggaeton, Budweiser with Presidente...same thing).

I'm sure you're also aware that Castro flushed out his jails, allowing the criminals to wash up on our shores. Makes you wonder why Miami is so f'd up in the first place.

Bottom line, worry about illegal Mexicans, but worry just as much about (legal) Cubans, or continue to allow the entire state of Florida to become North Cuba.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2007, 04:13 AM
 
Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,292 posts, read 14,573,517 times
Reputation: 6980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo1 View Post
To those of you who say that Cubans immigrants are somehow better than Mexican immigrants, I suggest you come down here (to South Florida) and spend some time. Many of these people are not educated and many refuse to assimilate, or learn English. Miami now resembles San Juan more than it resembles any true American city. Politicians here are corrupt, just like the third world. Immigrants seem to bring the worst of their cultures with them, not the best. If you are an Anglo in Miami, prepare to live the life of an outcast, because they will not accept you and as far as they are concerned, you are on their soil.

It's about time the "wet foot, dry foot" policy was brought to an end. Just like illegal Mexicans need to be kept out of Mexifornia, illegal Cubans need to be kept out of Florida. Trust me when I say that they have ruined Miami. Miami is not the major cosmopolitan, vibrant hub that you think it is--it's a cesspool, devoid of culture, dominaed by Cubans, many of whom have less class than your average trailer trash in Hicktown, AL (just replace country with reggaeton, Budweiser with Presidente...same thing).

I'm sure you're also aware that Castro flushed out his jails, allowing the criminals to wash up on our shores. Makes you wonder why Miami is so f'd up in the first place.

Bottom line, worry about illegal Mexicans, but worry just as much about (legal) Cubans, or continue to allow the entire state of Florida to become North Cuba.

You really are much too kind in your comments and, you sound very familiar too. BTW, there are no "illegal" Cubans.

You also have a typo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2007, 05:53 AM
 
1,266 posts, read 2,223,114 times
Reputation: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljaybird View Post
The Cubans are considered to be under political protection. Because they have a tyrant as a leader, we grant them some protection when entering here. They just need to land on their own two feet.

Maybe that's why?
Yep. That is why. We have political asylum.

What does political asylum mean?
Asylum may be granted to people who are already in the United States and are unable or unwilling to return their home country because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion. If you are granted asylum, you will be allowed to live and work in the United States. You also will be able to apply for permanent resident status one year after you are granted asylum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top