U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 01:53 PM

234 posts, read 450,851 times

Advertisements

they have 2 countries to live in and are the only happy people left in usa

get to work slaves for these illegals

be sure to have less kids and let them have many
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2008, 02:01 PM

4,541 posts, read 12,806,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Unlike Barack Obama who never met a position he didn't like?
Change is a word that people like to hear... but, what has he ever really done?

Leading is much more than pretty speeches.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:07 PM

16,248 posts, read 20,681,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
attacking the mexicans? is that your version of us wanting our laws followed by everyone? why do you assume it is only mexicans that are illegal?
I don't. But is not illegal Irish, Poles and Canadians that are upsetting the right wing Americans.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:18 PM

2,153 posts, read 4,909,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Change is a word that people like to hear... but, what has he ever really done?

Leading is much more than pretty speeches.
I think he changed some stuff around Chicago so now people pay about 90 cents a gallon in taxes.

Now that is change Im sure liberals can believe in.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:18 PM

What you are seeing here is really a Republican vs Republican issue fight. One wing of the Republican Party- big business- is very much in favour of McCain's position on this issue. Another wing- the old line conservative "law and order" types are very much opposed to amnesty. So far the old line has been winning this fight at the Federal and even more at the state level as many states have passed laws making life harder for illegals and immigrants in general even if they are legal (my wife now has to renew her drivers license every year vs every 7 for me a citizen). But my guessing is that this battle is about to turn because no matter who wins, amnesty will happen. It is probably about the only thing McCain will get done with a more heavily Democract Congress if he does win. If Obama wins, it is almost a sure thing but the big difference is Obama is more in favour of penalties for businesses that hire future illegals while McCain is not.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
I think he changed some stuff around Chicago so now people pay about 90 cents a gallon in taxes.

Now that is change Im sure liberals can believe in.
Chicago has excellent public transportation that runs 24/7. You don't even need a car in the city and in the suburbs only to drive to the store and such.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:24 PM

8,062 posts, read 15,906,174 times
All three candidates have close to the same position on the illegals. However, McCain is the ONLY one who has apologised to the American people for trying to force the McCain-KENNEDY bill on us (Kennedy sure never apologised and he is big on Obama -- that's indicative) and who said he got the message, Border Security FIRST as our TOP priority. I can give him the benefit of the doubt on this one because he's been honest and responsive on this issue.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:11 AM

3,809 posts, read 7,278,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Since I and most democrats favor helping illegals to some degree, Obama did as I would want.

McCain on the other hand, went against his constituents and his party which is fine for us, but sucks for them.
You and most democrats? How do you know most democrats agree with you on this? Did call them up and ask them? The last time I check democrats, republicans, etc. are American taxpayers whose tax money is used to pay for illegal aliens' health care, feed illegal alien criminals in prison and send illegal aliens' offspring to school. I can't imagine any hard working American being happy about that.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:52 AM

11,878 posts, read 32,994,009 times
Moved to the Immigration forum.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:04 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,715,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I don't. But is not illegal Irish, Poles and Canadians that are upsetting the right wing Americans.
Speak for myself; illegal OTM's irk me as much as any Mexican illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration