U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 09:19 PM

31,575 posts, read 53,103,852 times

Advertisements

How very democratic of ya Johnny!Illegals haunt McCain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 09:30 PM

3,747 posts, read 7,210,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
How very democratic of ya Johnny!Illegals haunt McCain
This is a good post for the immigration forum too. Please note that Obama and other law makers took the same stance McCain did. What I will not forget is that McCain co-sponsored the defeated Amnesty bill against the wishes of the American people.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:33 PM

31,575 posts, read 53,103,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
This is a good post for the immigration forum too. Please note that Obama and other law makers took the same stance McCain did. What I will not forget is that McCain co-sponsored the defeated Amnesty bill against the wishes of the American people.
Since I and most democrats favor helping illegals to some degree, Obama did as I would want.

McCain on the other hand, went against his constituents and his party which is fine for us, but sucks for them.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:07 AM

16,248 posts, read 20,589,351 times
Quote:
Since I and most democrats favor helping illegals to some degree, Obama did as I would want.

McCain on the other hand, went against his constituents and his party which is fine for us, but sucks for them.
That is a good point. Many of us Democrats have long favoured an amnesty for the Mexicans together with new laws that ensure that any future fence jumpers will not feel welcome in the USA. It is the GOP and their base that have made an issue out of attacking the Mexicans.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:18 AM

12,870 posts, read 12,772,010 times
attacking the mexicans? is that your version of us wanting our laws followed by everyone? why do you assume it is only mexicans that are illegal?

Old 05-22-2008, 08:41 AM

11,435 posts, read 15,943,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
That is a good point. Many of us Democrats have long favoured an amnesty for the Mexicans together with new laws that ensure that any future fence jumpers will not feel welcome in the USA. It is the GOP and their base that have made an issue out of attacking the Mexicans.
kev,

it's fairly obvious that you have not lived in a place like southern california which is bursting with illegals. american born taxpayers are forced to subsidize healthcare, education, etc for the masses that have come across since the last decade. it is not "attacking mexicans" to want to protect your country's borders and make a better quality of life for native citizens. i will most likely vote for obama, but in no way do i support illegal immigrants that are here or yet to be here.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:17 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,009,919 times
From the link:

“It’s another reminder that he’s ‘Amnesty John,’ ” said Mark Krikorian, executive director of the conservative Center for Immigration Studies, who nevertheless has no major objection to the proposal. “It’s another reminder of his role in promoting not just amnesty but promoting illegal immigration in the first place.” An aide to McCain said the Arizona Republican stands by his position. """

Old 05-25-2008, 12:11 PM

9,716 posts, read 12,940,289 times
This is just one reason why many Clinton Democrats will be fine with voting for McCain. McCain is actually a liberal Republican.

Old 05-25-2008, 12:21 PM

4,541 posts, read 12,761,272 times
Default or it could mean that...

Quote:

Or, it could mean that McCain knows who he is and is really the candidate who is about Change...

It also proves that that McCain is strong enough to lead and to stand up for what he believes - instead of voting "present"!...

Old 05-25-2008, 12:40 PM

9,716 posts, read 12,940,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
It also proves that that McCain is strong enough to lead and to stand up for what he believes - instead of voting "present"!...
Unlike Barack Obama who never met a position he didn't like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration