Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 11:04 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,515,738 times

Advertisements

Hmmm. . . . funny none of the Hispanics I know fear ICE or the Border Patrol. I wonder why.

Quote:
Some business owners at a San Juan Capistrano shopping center say routine checks by the U.S. Border Patrol are scaring away customers and hurting their bottom lines.

Store owners at Alipaz Plaza at Del Obispo and Alipaz streets told Mayor Lon Uso during his Mayor's Walk this week that they want the city to ask the Border Patrol to stop going to the shopping center.

"Last year I started hearing my customers say, 'Don't go to Alipaz Plaza, that's where (the Border Patrol agents) are hanging out,'" said Isabel Rizo Patron, owner of Isabel's Beauty Salon.

Rizo Patron said she has a diverse group of customers but that many of her clients are Hispanic and don't like to be in an area frequented by the Border Patrol.

"As much as these businesses are saying that just the mere presence of the Border Patrol is hurting them, there are people on the other side of the fence who'd like to see more patrols," Desio said.
Shop owners: Border Patrol spooking customers | border, patrol, mayor - News - The Orange County Register
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 11:10 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,283,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Hmmm. . . . funny none of the Hispanics I know fear ICE or the Border Patrol. I wonder why.

Shop owners: Border Patrol spooking customers | border, patrol, mayor - News - The Orange County Register

My question is if these Hispanic shoppers are here in our country legally what have they to fear? Illegals should be afraid same as any other lawbreakers. Too bad that some businesses suffer because much of their cliental are illegal aliens. They don't deserve to stay in business then.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:17 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,450,866 times
What is BP doing 100 miles away from the Border? Do they mean ICE?

Again, I just don't understand why it is so hard to hit the companies that hire illegals? Why go after the small fish patronizing a Hair Salon?

Old 02-12-2010, 11:25 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,823,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
My question is if these Hispanic shoppers are here in our country legally what have they to fear? Illegals should be afraid same as any other lawbreakers. Too bad that some businesses suffer because much of their cliental are illegal aliens. They don't deserve to stay in business then.
Maybe Hispanics are using there pocket book to send a mesage.

you how tribal they are, so if the BP are hangging around a store, maybe they feel like they are being watched.

so the take thier business else where.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
What is BP doing 100 miles away from the Border? Do they mean ICE?

Again, I just don't understand why it is so hard to hit the companies that hire illegals? Why go after the small fish patronizing a Hair Salon?
From the article.

Quote:
The Border Patrol not only supervises border and interior checkpoints, such as the one a few miles south of San Clemente, but also inspects city streets much like a police force would, said Ralph Desio, a Border Patrol spokesman.

He said the Border Patrol often checks shopping centers throughout Orange County as part of an increased push to check for illegal goods and immigrants beyond the borders.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:34 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,283,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Maybe Hispanics are using there pocket book to send a mesage.

you how tribal they are, so if the BP are hangging around a store, maybe they feel like they are being watched.

so the take thier business else where.
So just what message are Hispanics trying to send? That they think illegal immigration by their own ethnic kind is ok? Why would they be fearing being watched? If they are here legally then they should have no fear of being watched. It is the same thing if a cop is laying in wait for speeders. If I am not speeding, I have no fear of him watching me.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
So just what message are Hispanics trying to send? That they think illegal immigration by their own ethnic kind is ok? Why would they be fearing being watched? If they are here legally then they should have no fear of being watched. It is the same thing if a cop is laying in wait for speeders. If I am not speeding, I have no fear of him watching me.
Fear is your word...I never mentioned Fear in my post.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Fear is your word...I never mentioned Fear in my post.
Ok, then perhaps you will answer the first question posed by chicagonut. What message are Hispanics trying to send?

Old 02-12-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Ok, then perhaps you will answer the first question posed by chicagonut. What message are Hispanics trying to send?
Im supposed to speak for customers complaining to store owners where BP hang out...How would I know their concerns.

I just read from the story that customers didnt like BP hanging around.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Im supposed to speak for customers complaining to store owners where BP hang out...How would I know their concerns.

I just read from the story that customers didnt like BP hanging around.
Then, why would you opine that perhaps Hispanics are sending them a message? Do you just post comments for the sake of posting, without any rationale?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration