Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 03:29 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,503,336 times

Advertisements

Not only are we paying for illegal aliens actually living in this country; we are also paying for children who have the audacity to cross our border on a daily basis to attend our schools. This is possible thanks to our law requiring ALL children to receive K-12 education, regardless of immigration status.

Quote:
It's impossible to know how many Mexican students cross the border daily to attend school in the U.S., sent by parents who think they'll get a better education. Still, border communities have fretted over their presence for more than a decade.

Some schools are now doing more to enforce residency requirements under pressure from politicians and activists concerned about wasted taxpayer money.
Border schools get tough on Mexican students

Listen to report.
U.S. Border Schools Get Tough on Mexican Students : NPR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 03:46 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,603,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Not only are we paying for illegal aliens actually living in this country; we are also paying for children who have the audacity to cross our border on a daily basis to attend our schools. This is possible thanks to our law requiring ALL children to receive K-12 education, regardless of immigration status.

Border schools get tough on Mexican students

Listen to report.
U.S. Border Schools Get Tough on Mexican Students : NPR
I don't understand how this happens. To get my children into public school I needed everything from their birth certificates, immunization records and ssns (I am only mildly surprised they didn't demand a dna swab!) and yet school systems look the other way when someone shows up without these things? Incredible.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I don't understand how this happens. To get my children into public school I needed everything from their birth certificates, immunization records and ssns (I am only mildly surprised they didn't demand a dna swab!) and yet school systems look the other way when someone shows up without these things? Incredible.
I was required to do the same. But then, we are U.S. citizens.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:23 PM

9,593 posts, read 31,569,263 times
Quote:
This is downright disgusting and it is amazing these people exist with such arrogance and no shame.

Thank Goodness for KARMA!

Old 05-23-2008, 04:28 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,638,296 times
No child should be deprived of public education. I don't care if a child wades across the Rio Grande and shows up to a school five minutes later; the Supreme Court has suggested that free, public education is a pseudo-fundamental right and that it cannot be withheld from anyone, regardless of their immigration status. On another note, illegal immigrant parents pay taxes too, you know.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
No child should be deprived of public education. I don't care if a child wades across the Rio Grande and shows up to a school five minutes later; the Supreme Court has suggested that free, public education is a pseudo-fundamental right and that it cannot be withheld from anyone, regardless of their immigration status. On another note, illegal immigrant parents pay taxes too, you know.
In other words; ANY child from ANY country should be permitted to attend OUR schools, and WE should pay for it.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:51 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,638,296 times
Quote:
In other words; ANY child from ANY country should be permitted to attend OUR schools, and WE should pay for it.
Yes. This is a first world country and we have the responsibility of educating our citizens AND our future citizens, including children of illegals who were brought here by their parents at no fault of their own.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:06 PM

220 posts, read 380,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444;
Yes. This is a first world country and we have the responsibility of educating our citizens AND our future citizens, including children of illegals who were brought here by their parents at no fault of their own.
Why stop there!? How about educating our prospective citizens too!? After all, aren't we all global citizens and don't we all have an obligation to each other.

Heck, we can ape the old Roman empire and extend our citizenship to whoever pays taxes. Even a hardcore Chinese national can be an American citizen so long as he pays a non-resident tax and helps to prop up Social Security and Medicare.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
When did children crossing our border from Mexico on a daily basis suddenly become "our future citizens?" Are you suggesting ALL current citizens of Mexico will eventually become U.S. citizens? Perhaps you're privy to top-secret plans. Or, could you be referring to the NAU?

Old 05-23-2008, 05:27 PM

9,593 posts, read 31,569,263 times
Quote:
What a ridiculous and outlandish position, crisp!

The Citizens of the United States are NOT responsible for the citizens and/or the children of another countrY. Definitely not before they educate and care for all of the Legal Citizens.

The Mega-Corrupt Mexican Government needs to educate and care for their own citizens.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration