U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-23-2008, 10:31 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Reputation: 3785

Advertisements

Quote:
In tiny Palomas, some 40 people have died in drug shootouts so far this year. The residents live in fear of getting caught in the crossfire and spend much of their time indoors. Recently, all of the town's police officers resigned and the police chief sought political asylum in the United States, claiming his life was in danger.
MSNBC article

Talk about a scathing indictment about 'law enforcement' in Mexico when a police chief has to flee because the man was simply trying to be a good cop.

NOTE: I copied/pasted the article title verbatim-----it was in Caps as received.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-24-2008, 03:30 PM
 
Location: Oxygen Ln. AZ
9,321 posts, read 16,167,873 times
Reputation: 5685
A few years back I told my husband that we would see a war on our border. I was right. I wonder if we will be allowed to fight back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2008, 03:51 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,310 posts, read 25,735,799 times
Reputation: 10574
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Talk about a scathing indictment about 'law enforcement' in Mexico when a police chief has to flee because the man was simply trying to be a good cop.

NOTE: I copied/pasted the article title verbatim-----it was in Caps as received.
Very interesting, Bear . . .

Now add this to the SCARY LIST and tell me why this type of information is kept HUSH HUSH in Arizona . . .

MIG: Mexico Travel Alert (http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/pa/pa_3028.html - broken link)

Could it possibly be that some of our leaders (including Janet herself) are SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2008, 04:19 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Reputation: 3028
This is quite disturbing. These criminals have no respect for human life, period. They kill Mexican police, and you can bet they will do the same to ours. It's pretty bad when police officers quit their jobs due to fear, and the police chief has to seek refuge here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2008, 04:21 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
A few years back I told my husband that we would see a war on our border. I was right. I wonder if we will be allowed to fight back.
Which may be the real reason why I am 'banned' from living S of the Superstition Freeway (US 60) alignment here in Arizona.

If indeed things hit the fan; due to its distance from the Mexican border, Phx would be a hell of a lot safer than Tucson let alone Sierra Vista.

Especially factoring the possible massive flood of refugees would try to force their way in to Az from Sonora. That worries me more than a civil war in Mexico itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2008, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is quite disturbing. These criminals have no respect for human life, period. They kill Mexican police, and you can bet they will do the same to ours. It's pretty bad when police officers quit their jobs due to fear, and the police chief has to seek refuge here.
The main reason that some of our LE officers were murdered in cold blood by illegals was due to (until recently) the fact that we could not ask/demand proof of immigration status of a suspected illegal.

That is changing------fast. Amazing how rules get changed once a few good guys get hurt/killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2008, 04:02 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 6,004,736 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Which may be the real reason why I am 'banned' from living S of the Superstition Freeway (US 60) alignment here in Arizona.

If indeed things hit the fan; due to its distance from the Mexican border, Phx would be a hell of a lot safer than Tucson let alone Sierra Vista.

Especially factoring the possible massive flood of refugees would try to force their way in to Az from Sonora. That worries me more than a civil war in Mexico itself.
you seriously believe Mexico could go to war with the United States??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2008, 04:06 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 6,004,736 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
A few years back I told my husband that we would see a war on our border. I was right. I wonder if we will be allowed to fight back.
Be allowed to fight back? Its a gang war...like the types that have always gone on in Los Angeles or New York.

I guess you could fight if you want...but you have to pick which gang you want to be in. Arellano Felix? The Juarez cartel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2008, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
you seriously believe Mexico could go to war with the United States??
I doubt it to be honest.

What does concern me as a civil war within Mexico fueled in part by the drug cartels------and, the distinct possibility of more Mexican citizens fleeing to the USA like the police chief of Palomas for simply doing his job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2008, 05:08 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 6,004,736 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I doubt it to be honest.

What does concern me as a civil war within Mexico fueled in part by the drug cartels------and, the distinct possibility of more Mexican citizens fleeing to the USA like the police chief of Palomas for simply doing his job.
I think he's using his somewhat high position to get a free ride to American citizenship and get away from the mess that is Mexican drug politics.

I don't think theres any more of a chance of Mexico having a civil war over the drug wars than the U.S. had a chance of having a civil war over the mafia wars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top