U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 06:56 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,663,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdu View Post
The paradigm has shifted, possibly due to the obstinate disregard illegals have for this country, its laws and its citizens. In Los Angeles, half the residents think of themselves as "something-Americans" reflecting the country their parents left, rather than considering themselves to be Americans. By declining to think of themselves as participants in our society, they can rationalize changing it to suit only the culture of their one foreign background, as opposed to "e pluribus unum."
That is the best statement I have heard on this argument to date.

African American, Mexican-American.. So am I an Irish/Scottish-American? This is do to the Polictical Correctness Bullcrap. You cant be black thats a negitive remark on the race. You cant be Hispanic, no that too is a negitive remark on the race. time to break out my t-Shirt I had made.. I wear it with pride.

=) Come on you know thats funny..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2007, 11:09 PM

597 posts, read 1,786,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post

African American, Mexican-American.. So am I an Irish/Scottish-American? This is do to the Polictical Correctness Bullcrap. You cant be black thats a negitive remark on the race. You cant be Hispanic, no that too is a negitive remark on the race. time to break out my t-Shirt I had made.. I wear it with pride.
Hey, I love the shirt! On your point, I think our greatest president, Teddy Roosevelt, put it best:

"The professors of every form of hyphenated Americanism are as truly the foes of this country as if they dwelled outside its borders and made active war against it. Once it was true that this country could not endure half free and half slave. Today it is true that it can not endure half American and half foreign. The hyphen is incompatible with patriotism."

'nuff said.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:15 PM

1,393 posts, read 869,473 times
Quote:

That shirt is funny. Put one on and head for the border. Support your local Minuteman!!

Old 01-07-2007, 03:17 PM

79 posts, read 256,548 times
Default not in their best interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
I'm still confused as to why our government doesn't see that it is in our best interest to DO SOMETHING about the employers who hire these illegals.

What is the bottom line? Why do people NOT want to send the illegals back? Anyone?
because the politicians are very wealthy, and for the very wealthy this is not a problem. they make money off of illegals. the majority of americans have different interests than the ultra rich elite.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:40 PM

140 posts, read 79,651 times
Quote:
Do you think there will be another civil war?

There are a number of threads in every part of this forum that talk about the Illegal issues facing this nation. Washinton seems to be ignoring the problem.. so will there be an uprising of the people? Will there be a war on this problem?

I have seen some very disturbing websites as well, like wehategringos.com and a few others all asking these people to rise up agianst Americans and take over the country.. what they call aztlan. With signs that read F. the Alamo, we will tear it down when we take over.

Some sites even say their plan is working so far.. taking over America by out numbering us.. an invasion without war, an invasion without bullets.. and the govement of Mexico indorces this move. We are becoming more and more Mexico like yearly. My kids are forced to take Spanish in school, in place of English. Its very true and real.

I feel threatend, and I feel overrun. Dont think I am a raciest as I am not, I have Hispanic friends... I work along side them daily, and have the upmost respect for my fellow officers that are Hispanic as I do for any other race I work with.

I just wonder if all this will lead to another civil war? At some point someone is going to get fed up, his/her voice is going to be heard, and people will gather around them.. like the Mineutmen as an example.. they are gathering support daily, next they will become armed, then before you know it, Nazi hate groups will make new militias, and join in on the protection of the US, and this will rise the Aztlan army and then we will have a huge border war before you know it.

This is all leading to a very nasty end.. and I for one believe this is gonna lead to one.. but who knows. I have been wrong before.
Personally I think civil war is likely, unless we do something now.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:39 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
With the growing self deportation of the illegal immigrants; the odds of a 'civil war' are lessening here in the USA.

Mexico OTOH; it is possible that the relatively wealthy north (Chihuahua, etc.) may have it out with the more indigenous south (Oaxaca, etc).

Old 11-03-2007, 10:18 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,657,329 times
Quote:

I agree, Muhnay!

by the way, GREAT T-SHIRT . . . I want one!

Old 11-03-2007, 10:47 PM

376 posts, read 611,975 times
Arizonabear,

You are exactly right… Do you remember or know of Ernesto “Che” Guevara, Abimael Guzman, Fidel Castro, Daniel Ortega, Rafael Correa, Juan Evo Morales, Hugo Chavez, and also Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador..? What do you know or think they have in common?

In his movement, Sub Commadante Marcos kept mentioning the sell-out of Mexico especially in the southern states. I think these individuals, dead or alive, for one would despise the treatment of Immigrants moving illegally from so called Latin America to the United States of America. Secondly, they probably despise the Capitalistic political system on these so called Latin American countries, which have made thousands of there own people flee elsewhere where they are now despised.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:53 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
Arizonabear,

You are exactly right… Do you remember or know of Ernesto “Che” Guevara, Abimael Guzman, Fidel Castro, Daniel Ortega, Rafael Correa, Juan Evo Morales, Hugo Chavez, and also Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador..? What do you know or think they have in common?

In his movement, Sub Commadante Marcos kept mentioning the sell-out of Mexico especially in the southern states. I think these individuals, dead or alive, for one would despise the treatment of Immigrants moving illegally from so called Latin America to the United States of America. Secondly, they probably despise the Capitalistic political system on these so called Latin American countries, which have made thousands of there own people flee elsewhere where they are now despised.
The Che shirt was very popular. When I asked people why they wore it they said that they thought it was cool and everyone else was wearing it. He was the father of La Revolucion, he was a communist. I don't support communism.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:48 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,346,148 times
Quote:
Do you think there will be another civil war?

There are a number of threads in every part of this forum that talk about the Illegal issues facing this nation. Washinton seems to be ignoring the problem.. so will there be an uprising of the people? Will there be a war on this problem?

I have seen some very disturbing websites as well, like wehategringos.com and a few others all asking these people to rise up agianst Americans and take over the country.. what they call aztlan. With signs that read F. the Alamo, we will tear it down when we take over.

Some sites even say their plan is working so far.. taking over America by out numbering us.. an invasion without war, an invasion without bullets.. and the govement of Mexico indorces this move. We are becoming more and more Mexico like yearly. My kids are forced to take Spanish in school, in place of English. Its very true and real.

I feel threatend, and I feel overrun. Dont think I am a raciest as I am not, I have Hispanic friends... I work along side them daily, and have the upmost respect for my fellow officers that are Hispanic as I do for any other race I work with.

I just wonder if all this will lead to another civil war? At some point someone is going to get fed up, his/her voice is going to be heard, and people will gather around them.. like the Mineutmen as an example.. they are gathering support daily, next they will become armed, then before you know it, Nazi hate groups will make new militias, and join in on the protection of the US, and this will rise the Aztlan army and then we will have a huge border war before you know it.

This is all leading to a very nasty end.. and I for one believe this is gonna lead to one.. but who knows. I have been wrong before.
Quote:
I feel threatend, and I feel overrun. Dont think I am a raciest as I am not, I have Hispanic friends
I feel exactly the same way.

Civil WAR? I sincerely hope not! Civil UPRISING? I can only hope so! I define Civil Uprising as an awareness of the United States people that the government is FOR the People, BY the People, and that the best way to take our country back is to take our government back. We can do that by educating ourselves about the issues, educating ourselves about the candidates, then choosing wisely when we vote. WE the People MUST stop voting irresponsibly! NO it won't stop all our problems TODAY, but given time, and consistant voting we can weed out the problems.

Right now our country is being ruled by the minority (NO, I do not mean racial minorities) instead of the majority. We have extremist groups lobbying to get what they want, while the rest of sit by in disbelief that this is really happening. Look at just about any issue you want from immigration to ecology and you will see that what I am saying is true! How many times has a law passed or a court case been settled in such a fashion that you have said "HUH?" in disbelief! For me, way too many times. It's as if the common sense people stay home! We have got to ignite the same passions in the common sense people that are driving the extremist people or we the people are SUNK!

Quote:
But do you think its coming to a boiling point?
Yes, I do - and what great timing! We have an election just around the corner!

Quote:
Good luck trying to get Americans together, most don't want to give up their TV time to even discuss this problem.
VERY good point! And from what I see on TV the media supports illegal alien amnesty and just about everything else that makes me go HUH? We need less biased TV, we need more Americans to be motivated to take back their government!

Quote:
It is very easy to identify a problem but not to figure out a workable solution.
No doubt! One thing I would like to see is the end to the Electoral College. I feel it gives an unfair advantage to the more populated states. And from my perspective, it's the less populated states that seem to have the most "common sense" type of people!

Vote America FOR America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration