Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 11:01 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times

Advertisements

More "victimless" crime perpetrated by the hard-working illegal aliens “seeking a better life.” It’s too bad if their quest for a better life involves ‘inconveniencing’ millions of U.S. citizens by stealing their identities. After all, it’s not their fault they need an SS# to work in this country.

Quote:
"When all this began a month and a half ago, I was worried I might be ruining his life when all he wanted to do was work," she said. But the bureaucratic tangle had changed her. "Now after spending numerous hours of my time trying to find out what is going on as well as worrying, losing sleep and using my work vacation time, I no longer feel bad for Paulino. He made the choice to steal my number. And the fact that privacy laws keep me from being able to see what he is doing with my number infuriates me."
Quote:
The future of Rodriguez and his family is unclear. If his children are U.S. citizens, law enforcement officials say, he may be allowed to remain in the U.S.. Otherwise, deportation is a likely outcome, but not right away. Before the immigration issue is settled, he will likely face state criminal ID theft charges in state court.
Two lives, one Social Security number - The Red Tape Chronicles - MSNBC.com (http://redtape.msnbc.com/2008/05/two-lives-one-1.html#posts - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 11:16 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
Sadly, Benicar, from personally knowing a couple of victims, ID THEFT is a year plus nightmare.

I've often wondered if one of our ILLEGAL LOVERS or even one of our PANDERING POLITICIANS would change their tune a little if they were subjected to the grief, frustration, heartache and high expenses involved with ID THEFT by a scumbag Illegal.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:33 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
My now ex wife was a victim of ID theft almost 20 years ago.

Thank God that when we got married in 1986 that she never notified her credit card companies about me-----------otherwise, I would have been screwed.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:58 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
I have been a victim of Credit Card theft twice when I lived in NYC. So basically I am very paranoid about anything with my SSN, address, even my name on it.

It all sucks and everyone should use a shredder, never give out information over the phone, pay cash at restaurants and never tell someone your SSN.

I think the most of these attacks come from insiders, someone who is privy to a government database or medical records. Unfortunately companies hire some complete idiots to do file and record management.

So always check your credit report monthly, you never know.

Again this report involves a illegal, however, legal Americans often steal identities and probably for much more malicious things than getting a job.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:00 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
I have a friend in Southern California whose Social Security number was stolen (or sold to) 63 illegal aliens.

Rather than unravel the mess and give her back the identity she had had since age 12, the Social Security office did what they normally do only for those in the witness protection program--they issued her a new Social Security number--and she is NOT at all happy about the way the government handled this fiasco.

Those 63 are STILL using her Social Security number with NO repercussions whatsoever, while she struggles to regain some shred of her former life. Her credit is ruined, she's being sued by numerous credit card agencies and utilities for bills she never incurred; she can't even buy a pot to pee in on her formerly sterling credit.

Our government--so tolerant of all lawbreakers, unless of course, they happen to be American citizens.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:35 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
According to the open borders advocates, the theft of an American ID shouldn't be considered a crime. In their minds, foreign citizens should not be held to any American laws that inconvenience them, the borders are to be erased and all laws restricting any immigration are to be removed, the whole world, especially the 2 billion disadvantaged of the world can simply move into the USA and that will solve everything.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I have a friend in Southern California whose Social Security number was stolen (or sold to) 63 illegal aliens.

Rather than unravel the mess and give her back the identity she had had since age 12, the Social Security office did what they normally do only for those in the witness protection program--they issued her a new Social Security number--and she is NOT at all happy about the way the government handled this fiasco.

Those 63 are STILL using her Social Security number with NO repercussions whatsoever, while she struggles to regain some shred of her former life. Her credit is ruined, she's being sued by numerous credit card agencies and utilities for bills she never incurred; she can't even buy a pot to pee in on her formerly sterling credit.

Our government--so tolerant of all lawbreakers, unless of course, they happen to be American citizens.
Wow.

My ex was also issued a new SSN-------the Secret Service helped her quite a bit.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:52 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,783 times
But......but......but......where are the illegal defenders around here......

Old 05-27-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
But......but......but......where are the illegal defenders around here......
Post #4......barely

Old 05-27-2008, 10:08 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
More "victimless" crime perpetrated by the hard-working illegal aliens “seeking a better life.” It’s too bad if their quest for a better life involves ‘inconveniencing’ millions of U.S. citizens by stealing their identities. After all, it’s not their fault they need an SS# to work in this country.

Two lives, one Social Security number - The Red Tape Chronicles - MSNBC.com (http://redtape.msnbc.com/2008/05/two-lives-one-1.html#posts - broken link)
The (hardworking) illegals should go back, and work hard to improve THEIR country. Maybe if they tried harder at (home) they would not have to RIPOFF Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration