U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 04:08 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Navarette was here for several years at the Dallas Morning News -- he clearly has an agenda - and I would say his is much more nefarious than anything a patriotic Lou Dobbs could imagine.
Actually, I was an occasional Navarette reader, now and then, until I sort of lost track of him....not a bad read, as long as you keep in mind that he's got an agenda, and the story is ALWAYS going to have the same ending, and he's never going to make any allowances for the 'other side'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 04:33 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Why don't you move to another country? Besides the anti-immigrant posters on here have no credibility whatsoever. All they do is incite hate.
Brilliant points.....excellently worded, and relevant to the very essence of the entire controversy. Wish I could 'rep' you, but I can't.....(the moderator would allow me to, but I can't).....

Your post reminds me af a dear friend I once worked with....the fellow was often given to deep moments of insight. I recall once in 1992, when the city of Homestead, FL was almost wiped out by Hurricane Andrew, we sat together eating lunch and pondering such matters. He allowed that it "was kinda sad what happened", all right. But he couldn't REALLY feel TOO sorry for those folks, because they were PROBABLY all rich, and anyway, "they shouldn't have built their houses in the path of a hurricane".

Thanks for your post...I just LOVE a reasoned debate....and it's not often one hears such wisdom.

Last edited by macmeal; 05-29-2008 at 04:45 PM..

Old 05-29-2008, 07:48 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Why don't you move to another country? Besides the anti-immigrant posters on here have no credibility whatsoever. All they do is incite hate.
Because I am an American.......next inane question?

Face it: your side is losing--------big time.

Just that the pro illegal folks are still in denial------in the face of exploding anti illegal immigrant sentiment.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:02 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Navarette was here for several years at the Dallas Morning News -- he clearly has an agenda - and I would say his is much more nefarious than anything a patriotic Lou Dobbs could imagine.
It's obvious that Navarette believes all Mexican citizens have an unlimited right to come to the USA in whatever numbers. My question is -- does Navarette believe that ALL people of ALL countries are in no way obligated to respect American immigration laws, or does he believe this total access to the USA belongs only to Mexicans?

Old 05-29-2008, 09:42 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Because I am an American.......next inane question?

Face it: your side is losing--------big time.

Just that the pro illegal folks are still in denial------in the face of exploding anti illegal immigrant sentiment.
LOL...since i'm an american too, don't ever suggest again that i move from this country.

I don't see how "my side" is losing. The only thing trying to explode in this nation is the anti-immigrant sentiment practiced and encouraged by so many of you on here.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:46 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Quote:
LOL...since i'm an american too, don't ever suggest again that i move from this country.

I don't see how "my side" is losing. The only thing trying to explode in this nation is the anti-immigrant sentiment practiced and encouraged by so many of you on here.
Again with the 'anti-immigrant' label when you KNOW it's deceitful. What is it about you illegal alien apologists that precludes you from realizing the difference?

Old 05-29-2008, 09:49 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Again with the 'anti-immigrant' label when you KNOW it's deceitful. What is it about you illegal alien apologists that precludes you from realizing the difference?
What do you mean i know it's deceitful? I know the truth hurts but you just have to deal with it.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:54 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Quote:
What do you mean i know it's deceitful? I know the truth hurts but you just have to deal with it.
I have nothing but love for legal immigrants, although I do believe that 2 million a year is a little much. I don't think our infrastructure and social service systems can take much more.

I am vehemently anti-illegal alien, REGARDLESS of their country of origin, and I think that the employers of these illegals need to get a good, long look at the inside of a jail cell while their EX-employees are removed from my country.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
You are correct: the truth does hurt.

I have nothing against legal immigrants.

Illegal immigrants need to be deported and have their assets seized.

In other words: blacknight04, quit trying to obfuscate the issue with your twisted lies about what I and many others state here.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I have nothing but love for legal immigrants, although I do believe that 2 million a year is a little much. I don't think our infrastructure and social service systems can take much more.

I am vehemently anti-illegal alien, REGARDLESS of their country of origin, and I think that the employers of these illegals need to get a good, long look at the inside of a jail cell while their EX-employees are removed from my country.
As you stated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or