U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 03:17 AM

31,578 posts, read 53,114,182 times

Advertisements

Good OpEd piece.

Poisoning the public against immigrants | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 04:40 AM

3,074 posts, read 3,336,186 times
Certainly crimes against illegal immigrants should not take place. I am against abortion, but I don't go around shooting abortion medical staff. Having said that, this article is another propaganda to try to make American citizens feel guilty about not wanting to lose our country to and financially support illegal immigrants. California is deeply in debt paying for the free medical care, etc. of the immigrants in that state. I will continue to voice my opinion, contact my legislators and vote accordingly. I will never believe it is okay to allow law breakers to make demands for free education, medical care, and have taxpayers pay for everything. I will never believe it is okay for an illegal immigrant to get free health care for an entire family, having baby after baby, while American citizens forego medical care for their families because they can't afford it.

I read comments by an illegal immigrant who said they would get health insurance if it was affordable, and so they demand free health care. I don't know about you, but my employer has changed to a high deductible insurance policy, which means a lot of cash out of our pockets to pay for the insurance and then a lot more cash to pay for the deductible. Health care insurance is not "affordable" for the average American citizen. Why should illegal immigrants have it any different. Because they are making demands for what American citizens cannot even get, and telling us we are haters because we don't give it.

I am deeply disappointed that Obama is pushing the hate crime thing in an effort to bolster his pandering to get votes. It only confirms to me that we do not have any decent candidate running--they all have one agenda--power for their party and the heck with the American people. California Senators are only pushing amnesty to get more seats in California, among other party-promoting agendas. I hope the good people of California will vote appropriately. Are people really okay with illegal immigrants' agenda to take over the southwest American states?

Finally, who is brainwashing whom? See, for example, American Thinker: Illegal Immigration and Low Wage Labor

Last edited by carolac; 05-29-2008 at 04:52 AM.. Reason: Add article

Old 05-29-2008, 04:41 AM

411 posts, read 700,033 times
Credibility on immigration issues: ZERO.

Quote:
Navarrette is a San Diego Union-Tribune columnist.
Ruben Navarrette Jr. is a nationally syndicated columnist with the Washington Post Writers Group.
The second-generation Mexican-American is one of fewer than 10 Latino syndicated columnists in the United States.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:54 AM

3,748 posts, read 7,213,486 times
They were probably anchor offspring of illegals.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:45 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchman View Post

As a Frenchman, your credibility on American political matter = Zero

Old 05-29-2008, 06:55 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
As someone who believes it is OK to aid and abet lawbreakers-------your credibility is zero as well.

If you do not like the hardening anti illegal immigrant sentiment here in the USA; you can always move to another country whose values are more in line with yours.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:59 AM

14,222 posts, read 7,406,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
And suppose he was Mexicanman??

Old 05-29-2008, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
And; that Naverrette is in essence a traitor IMHO.

Remember: legal immigration is OK.

Illegal immigration is not acceptable.

The latter as a grouyp have little respect for the Rule of Law------I certainly do not want their kind here, be them Irish, Mexican, Russian or any other group.

Last edited by ArizonaBear; 05-29-2008 at 08:24 AM..

Old 05-29-2008, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
And suppose he was Mexicanman??
Just desperation on the part of the pro illegal crowd-------the hammer is coming down on 'em and they are screaming in impotent rage.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:51 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchman View Post
Navarette is an illegal alien apologist goon who writes pro-illegal alien propaganda columns and promotes them as fact. He's a joke among real journalists.

BTW blacknight, regarding Frenchman's nom de plume--he may no more be a "French man" than you are a "black night." However, if he is French, than he, perhaps even more so than many Americans, has seen the devastating effects of uncontrolled illegal immigration in his own country. That alone, boosts his credibility in the eyes of those of us who truly see this issue for what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or