U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 08:41 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,719,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Amavel is correct. It's too late to deport anyone.
To the best of my knowledge, there is not a statute of limitations for illegal aliens. It is not 'too late' to deport anyone.
Quote:
We let them in, so we have to deal with it and integrate them into our society.
Says who? You? If a thief breaks into my home do I have to integrate him into my household?
Quote:
I don't like that idea any more than anyone else does. But, if we tried to deport them all, you would see the biggest riot in the history of mankind.
You know this how? Because they threaten to riot we should allow them to stay?
Quote:
The country would be turned upside down in an uproar, and it would completely trash our economy.
I don't think so. And on a long term basis I think our country will be much better off.

The only logical solution is to stop more of them from coming in.

[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 09:07 AM

1,020 posts, read 3,019,694 times
No, no, no. You have to get it right the first time. You dont want problems lingering.

Crime can be directly linked to poverty in many cases. And temporary fixes can linger and cause even more backlash. this brings us back to the emancipation of proclamation. Slaves werent entirely free. Problems lingered. people were torn and did not swallow their pride and go through with what needed to be done. And it perpetuated stereotypes and the isolation of blacks in inner cities.

It needs to be a solution that comes full circle. I guess we would start by securing borders. Then maybe a workers relocation program adopted by businesses to pay these workers middle class wages and provide benefits like they do to other employees. that way they can use their own health insurance. They could also use trainee programs at some universities and schools for those that wanted to be teachers. Disperse some of their family units and assimilate some of them to other areas using incentives to learn english and make good wages. Sign up others at local stores for their teenagers to attend a university on grants. The midwest in many places has a poor economy, how could they help those economies and get an opportunity at the same time to equally benefit our country and their families?

If small businesses an big business were involved a lot of them could be relocated and given the opportunities they were looking for. There are millions and millions of them so it would also take government intervention.

I dont want to look back at this and say we used these people for slave labor or to die on the battlefield for us or something like that. Its a shame Californians put us all in the predicament to begin with, ahem. Its already costing a gabillion dollars anyway. One thing is clear, Californians need to pull the head from the rear. The rest of the country is going to have to bail that state out even if we cant afford to live there. Even though im not particulary fond of the typical California thinking, I still feel obligated.(perhaps it will keep Californians in their own state too).

After that. Put a stop to illegal immigration and slow down immigration altogether. The country has to many issues that need fixed. This whole cultural explosion is starting to cross boundaries and could spark up tensions.

Last edited by the_pines; 02-23-2007 at 09:16 AM..

Old 02-23-2007, 09:24 AM

1,020 posts, read 3,019,694 times
Shame on Californians for using Mexicans as slave labor and using compassion as a front knowing all along that they cant afford to live there, let alone middle class people. Even if thse illegals are abosolved into the country overtime, your own people from our own country cant move there. My dream was to move to California more than anyplace on Earth. Ill never see it. Ill never be able to live there. And If I were able to I would either have to live with radical lefties and special interests goups, or unwelcoming minorities, or yuppy rich. There is no middle class in California. Only rich and poor. And no one but the rich can move there anymore. Thanks for cutting off the state to the rest of America.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:44 AM

2 posts, read 2,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
It's called www.wehireillegals.com report a company to wehireillegals and they will be reported to ICE, IRS, and others....
No, the actual website is http://www.wehirealiens.com/index.asp

Old 03-18-2007, 12:37 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,706,285 times
Default here they go again

I see that the whole how hard they work thing is being played...

Why do we have to rationalize people breaking the law?
Why do emtions need to come into play when tryng to enforce laws?
Why is the fact that they ARE breaking the law always given the back seat?

I never heard of an illegal drug dealer that wasnt breaking the law?

They dont seem to work too hard at coming here legally or learning English!

How can they want to be Americans when they broke the law on day one by stepping foot into the country illegally.

No matter what anyone tries to do, Our government is now a big buisness rep. They will always do something to keep "we need a solution" routine going while at the same time causing the problem themselves.

For example: While states are trying to fight illegals on their own, Bush is:

starting to push his amnesty bill through so that we can never touch these illegals because then offically they are americans. He and the rest of government is doing everything possible to remove the "illegal" factor. Once this happens, the floodgates will REALLY be open.

and dont forget, we have to reserve more troops to help Iraq while putting away border patrol agents in jail here.

Old 03-18-2007, 04:33 AM

1 posts, read 792 times
I was a supervisor in a plant that employed many Mexicans. They ngot payed the same as any other American starting employee. $10.00/ hr plus
They can work as well as the rest. Pay our taxes, speak our language. Our interpreters literally made more than management on there weekly pay for interpreting.
Iwould love to get out of school at 18 at get 7 years tax free.
If they want to work here, come here legally like the rest have of the asian struggle to do.

Old 03-18-2007, 06:00 AM

911 posts, read 3,203,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylane View Post
I see no one has actually come up with a solution yet.

The President needs to enforce US law or He needs to be Impeached for Not Enforcing the laws of the Land...Simple.

Old 03-18-2007, 01:19 PM

1,393 posts, read 873,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Amavel is correct. It's too late to deport anyone. We let them in, so we have to deal with it and integrate them into our society. I don't like that idea any more than anyone else does. But, if we tried to deport them all, you would see the biggest riot in the history of mankind. The country would be turned upside down in an uproar, and it would completely trash our economy.

The only logical solution is to stop more of them from coming in.

Biggest riot then, Americans need to stand up and show them we are just as tough and ready for the riot as they are. Be prepared to kick butt, they will have no pity on the American. We can sit and go down or we can stand and fight and win and send them back to Mexico were they belong if they are not willing to be American.
Coming here was not a invitation to turn OUR COUNTRY into Mexico!!!
Another reason all should fight to keep your guns we are going to need them!!

Old 03-21-2007, 07:21 PM

743 posts, read 1,153,629 times
[quote=ducter;468948]I see that the whole how hard they work thing is being played...

Why do we have to rationalize people breaking the law?
Why do emtions need to come into play when tryng to enforce laws?
Why is the fact that they ARE breaking the law always given the back seat?

I never heard of an illegal drug dealer that wasnt breaking the law?...
No matter what anyone tries to do, Our government is now a big buisness rep. They will always do something to keep "we need a solution" routine going while at the same time causing the problem themselves.

For example: While states are trying to fight illegals on their own, Bush is:

starting to push his amnesty bill through so that we can never touch these illegals because then offically they are americans. He and the rest of government is doing everything possible to remove the "illegal" factor. Once this happens, the floodgates will REALLY be open...QUOTE]

There are some practical flaws in your argument. First off, legality is always relative. I regularly drive 5-10 over the speed limit and I would never expect to get pulled over unless it was a school or construction zone. Certainly you wouldn't want to waste our tax dollars enforcing this.
As for big business, that is only partially true. It benefits all American consumers to have cheap labor here. Many of the services you depend on would be priced beyond your ability to afford if it were not for the cheap labor.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:26 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,702,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pines View Post
Shame on Californians for using Mexicans as slave labor and using compassion as a front knowing all along that they cant afford to live there, let alone middle class people. Even if thse illegals are abosolved into the country overtime, your own people from our own country cant move there. My dream was to move to California more than anyplace on Earth. Ill never see it. Ill never be able to live there. And If I were able to I would either have to live with radical lefties and special interests goups, or unwelcoming minorities, or yuppy rich. There is no middle class in California. Only rich and poor. And no one but the rich can move there anymore. Thanks for cutting off the state to the rest of America.
Um...Shame on California? Shame on Californians? California is not the only border state with a governor who turns a blind eye to the porous borders and the continued degradation of the state. Illegal immigration is not limited to California, we just happen to have been hit the hardest. You don't like what is going on in this state? Then get off your keyboard and hit the streets, like those of us in California who are fighting tooth and nail to save our state. (saveourstate.org) This fight didn't begin with us and it won't end with us either. Stop bitching and moaning and start letting your elected representation know that you are fed up with people coming into this country illegally and STEALING the jobs that Americans would be happy to do for a LIVING WAGE! Tell them that if they can't do something to secure our borders and put an end to the fantasy of Amnesty, next time around you will vote for someone who can.

But don't blame the illegal immigration fiasco on California. We're suffering here and we're paying out the nose for the priviledge of being the first state in the union to be on the precipice of being taken over by Mexico. We spend over ten and one half billion dollars a year in social services and incarceration costs for illegals, squeezed from our tax dollars, there are gangs running amok in Los Angeles, and we have lost 63 hospitals in the last three years, bankrupt and closed because illegal aliens like to use the emergency rooms to treat their snot nosed anchor baby's colds and hang-nails, and they leave the bill to the taxpayers of California. I'm not rich. Once I could be considered middle-class, but we are being squeezed out of the state by illegal aliens who drive wages down to the point that unless you're living six families to one house as the illegals do, you will find, as we have found, that we will have to sell our house and move from California. But that, my friend, is not because I am not fighting against the illegal invasion nearly every waking hour of my life.

We didn't get here on our own. The complacency of the rest of you American citizens who sat back and did nothing as California was invaded, all the while congratulating yourselves that it wasn't happening in your states helped put us here just as surely as if you had carried those illegals across the border on piggyback.

And to the poster above me? It benefits no one but big business to have cheap labor. I could give you study after study which show that should all illegals be deported tomorrow, our economy would flourish as millions of out of work Americans were once again given fair wages for a fair day's work. And the price of your precious heads of lettuce would likely go up about 5.3 cents per head. The myth of the illegal alien as the backbone of the American economy is the biggest snowjob ever pulled on the collective American consciousness and we are paying dearly for our ignorance.

Last edited by Kele; 03-21-2007 at 10:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or