Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 08:40 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
The bean jokes are a racial slant, that cause others to form baseless and false opinions of white folks being racist.
I believe they form these ideas no matter how we think. If we give it to them were racist if we don't were even more racist. Get out and talk to some of these as my son does they don't like us not saying all. On the construction sites a lot will let you know they are here for the money and they really don't want to become American. The ones that are legal will tell you the ones that are not....... The legals are not happy that the illegals are ruining it for them.
If I knew Spanish gringo and cracker are not what they call us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2007, 09:24 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,664,342 times
Quote:
I would like to see this happen, because Illegal Immigrants should not be breaking the law. But, don't count on it. There are not enough American born workers who want to perform physically demanding low paying jobs.
Speak for yourself please, just because you couldnt handle it doesnt mean there are not lots more than can and would.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:28 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,465,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
I believe they form these ideas no matter how we think. If we give it to them were racist if we don't were even more racist. Get out and talk to some of these as my son does they don't like us not saying all. On the construction sites a lot will let you know they are here for the money and they really don't want to become American. The ones that are legal will tell you the ones that are not....... The legals are not happy that the illegals are ruining it for them.
If I knew Spanish gringo and cracker are not what they call us.
Yes, some do form points regardless of experience of racist people. But, many do. Most racist folks, reverse racist or not, become this way due to bad experience(s). I grew up where bean, gardener, fence cutter, border hopper terms and jokes were very prevalent, not to mention beanr and wetbck. I thought they were funny at the time, but once I became older I noticed the underlying racially bigot context and realized how an politically incorrect person could tag that on me. I'm not sure how many want to be Americans? We will never know. We have not and cannot interview the millions of illegals. I'm sure they are the same as any other groups of people, some tall, some short, some rude, some kind. Just as someone cannot tag white folks as racist, we cannot tag illegal immigrants as not desiring to become American.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 View Post
Speak for yourself please, just because you couldnt handle it doesnt mean there are not lots more than can and would.
When given a cash register and/or a chair and desk, shall you not desire a Black 'n Decker, hammer, and tight construction boots. If somone believes white folks will take these underpaid and physically demanding jobs, with all due respect, they are living in fanasty land.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:39 AM

1,469 posts, read 4,493,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
It's hard to flip beans on a barbeque!!
LMAO, I haven't tried that yet, I imagine it would be a little difficult to do.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:41 AM

Quote:
When given a cash register and/or a chair and desk, shall you not desire a Black 'n Decker, hammer, and tight construction boots. If somone believes white folks will take these underpaid and physically demanding jobs, with all due respect, they are living in fanasty land.
You sit there and critisize everyone for generalizing illegals, yet you do the same thing for the white folk. You really have NO IDEA what you are talking about. You were in construction for a week, We have been in it for 20 years, as an employer as well. We NEVER had a shortage of white people applying for jobs, what closed us down was the fact that those business hiring illegals could get it done faster because they could afford to have 15 on a jobsite and could charge less.

And by the way most real construction people dont use Black and Decker on the jobsite those are for homeowners!!! It is Hatachi and Makita, Dewalt, and worm drive saws ,emglo, alot of which were stolen from us by a truck load of illegals.

Last edited by Nea1; 01-06-2007 at 09:50 AM..

Old 01-06-2007, 09:48 AM

I do not choose to criticize, I choose to correct. As I have left the other thread due to the illegal immigration riot. Since we disagree on everything regarding illegal immigration, I think the matter should be shut down between you and I. I desire to speak about illegal immigration, without being involved in a brawl.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I do not choose to criticize, I choose to correct. As I have left the other thread due to the illegal immigration riot. Since we disagree on everything regarding illegal immigration, I think the matter should be shut down between you and I. I desire to speak about illegal immigration, without being involved in a brawl.
Whos' brawling? You critized us, so I corrected you. Stop generalizing us, unless you have asked the opinions of every american. ( as you keep saying we havent asked every immigrant.)

Old 01-06-2007, 10:53 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,333,325 times
Quote:
I could sit behind a desk, dusesean1986--I have. I prefer to do physical work. I prefer to feel like I've really accomplished something. Problem is the wages for these types of jobs have been brought down and an American who is not getting all the social benefits cannot afford to rent, buy or support even themselves. People used to actually be able to support themselves washing dishes, waitressing, working in a factory, being a maid, etc. The government and the media keep trying to convince all of us we're too lazy to to these types of jobs. I don't believe we are and I truly believe we do them better. You are partly correct--we won't continue to be underpaid so CEOs can have 40 million dollar bonuses, but we will gladly do physical work for a decent wage.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:00 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,478,907 times
Quote:
somone believes white folks will take these underpaid and physically demanding jobs, with all due respect, they are living in fanasty land.
This is in itself is the crux of the situation!

A rhetoric question:If John McCain asked you to pick lettuce in Yuma, Arizona for fifty bucks an hour, would you do it?

Last edited by Blue Grass Fever; 01-06-2007 at 11:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration