U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2007, 01:20 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,705,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE THE U.S.A. View Post
Hi, once again I agree with Nea1....One week in construction and 1986 say's
it's hard work. I did it for 28 year's and alot of AMERICAN'S worked
along side of me . Many of us were injured on the job and we still worked
every day. I was a IRONWORKER, in BUFFALO, New York. Just think of this
1986.....I had worked since 15 yr's old , I was in and out of the work force
before you wre born, I am 72 yr's old . Dont' belittle the AMERICANS that
could handle it and by all mean's don't compare us to you.

LOVE THE U.S.A.
Wow Ironwork that is hard.. and in Buffalo!! My grandfather from Ireland, was a carpenter and built his own house in 1930 he was 26 and did that most his life after he got out of the service. He was also a farmer and raised sheep ( an Irish thing I guess) since my great uncle became a sheep rancher in Montana as well. i was raised on hard work. My Irish ancestors help build the railroad to the west and settled in Montana.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2007, 08:40 PM

33 posts, read 65,384 times
I see no one has actually come up with a solution yet.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:39 PM

989 posts, read 5,329,631 times
Lightbulb solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylane View Post
I see no one has actually come up with a solution yet.
ACTUAL SOLUTION=1. Deport All of Them. 2. Fine employers. 3. Enforcement at all levels(local, state, and national.) 4. An electric fence across the border that shocks the hell out of them.

(*case closed)

Old 01-21-2007, 11:36 PM

33 posts, read 65,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
ACTUAL SOLUTION=1. Deport All of Them. 2. Fine employers. 3. Enforcement at all levels(local, state, and national.) 4. An electric fence across the border that shocks the hell out of them.

(*case closed)
Get real please!

I agree with fining employers, but the violence you are promoting makes you worse than they. Besides it will never stop the problem, only make it worse.

You need to look at where all that anger is coming from.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:39 AM

1,459 posts, read 4,044,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post

(*case closed)

Works for me...LOL.. I love it when a plan comes together.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:47 AM

743 posts, read 1,152,484 times
If you were able to efficiently (this is a whole separate issue) locate and deport all of the illegal immigrants it would cause an unprecedented economic collapse in the US. What is it that is so threatening about these immigrants? Without them prices would skyrocket and most service industries would collapse.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:57 AM

9,324 posts, read 23,255,542 times
Personally I think we should eliminate the "physically demanding low paying jobs". Replace them with technology or pay a better wage. Someone did the work before we had a large amount of illegal immigrants.

The sad thing is that most of them are actually relatively good people. We just don't have a need for or the room to handle economic refugees. At the very least don't give free medical care or welfare to illegals, that's crazy.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:05 AM

We give free health care to Americans who refuse to work. Why should we deny the most advanced medical care in the world to working taxpayers who are working illegally.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:09 AM

1,459 posts, read 4,044,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jest721 View Post
If you were able to efficiently (this is a whole separate issue) locate and deport all of the illegal immigrants it would cause an unprecedented economic collapse in the US. What is it that is so threatening about these immigrants? Without them prices would skyrocket and most service industries would collapse.

I don't remember having any economic collapse or service industries collapse either before we were invaded. They come in our country illegally and work for low wages( which takes jobs from our people) and send their money back to Mexico...and leech off our public assistance programs, free medical, free education all at our expense. What is good about that?

Old 01-22-2007, 01:13 AM

They don't take jobs from anyone, they work for wages that others refuse to accept. They keep prices low. Without paying those low wages prices on everything would spiral upward uncontrolled. If you were up against an illegal for the same job, wage, etc. you would get the job. The only thing they are settling for is lower wages, which keeps our prices low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or