Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 03:24 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,762,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Question for the lawyers and well informed amoung us..

What are the legalities of starting a company with the sole purpouse of investigating, documenting, and reporting illegals in the country. Like address, places of work etc.

Could lets say a Bounty Hunter type business do this sorta thing? Can a Bounty Hunter catch and turn in illegals, or would charges have to been filed first? What about detain, and wait for border patrol arrive?

Im going though the steps here, to get an idea of what could and could not be done.

It's called www.wehireillegals.com report a company to wehireillegals and they will be reported to ICE, IRS, and others....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2007, 03:31 PM

484 posts, read 1,938,893 times
Seal the boarders. That's it. no more crossing.

That means no more weekend jaunts to Montreal or day trips to Tijuana. Where would Seniors go for their prescriptions?

Old 01-06-2007, 03:34 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,762,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
When given a cash register and/or a chair and desk, shall you not desire a Black 'n Decker, hammer, and tight construction boots. If somone believes white folks will take these underpaid and physically demanding jobs, with all due respect, they are living in fanasty land.

You have no idea what you are talking about....I built a lakehome with help from my family on weekends and vacation time...and we are all white middle class Americans...And construction jobs are only underpaid because of these illegals.....I still have family in the construction work...guess what, they are white middle class Americans...Guess they are doing the jobs illegals wont do....

Old 01-06-2007, 04:10 PM

79 posts, read 285,145 times
Default best idea so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatless Wonder View Post
Since Dubya is determined to fight this war in the Middle East, how about a US Foreign Legion? Illegals can sign up for a 5-year hitch, learn English, get some skills, and spend time in Iraq and Afghanistan looking for insurgents. At the end of their hitch, they would get a green card.

Crazy? It worked for France.
If this was implemented, don't think we would have any more problems. Brilliant

Old 01-06-2007, 04:55 PM

33 posts, read 73,349 times
Default solutions!

Yes! We definately need to come up with solutions to this problem, rather than sit around and continually complain and whine about the terrible condition our nation is in. How can we expect others to respect our laws when we ourselves (Americans) are not respectful of them simply because they conflict with $$$.

First of all, don't think for a moment that "whites" are too good to bend over and pick berries or veges. There may be some lazy, fat asses in this country, but not "white" as a general rule. There are probably more lazy, fat ass Mexicans, because they have diets far less healthy. This is a well known statistic, not a racist comment.

Instead of sending wanabee Americans to Iraq and Afganistan, we need to put up arms against the Mexican Government for not supporting their poor rural citizens with decent jobs, which is the cause of the influx in the first place. Mexico has a lot riding on our funds.

Mexico and the US (and possibly Canada) should band together for a common good. We should never have left our own country until we have solved this ongoing problem. We have no business being there with this going on. They just laugh at us for thinking we are better off than they. We are a joke to the entire rest of the world, and no wonder.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:52 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,180,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
When given a cash register and/or a chair and desk, shall you not desire a Black 'n Decker, hammer, and tight construction boots. If Simone believes white folks will take these underpaid and physically demanding jobs, with all due respect, they are living in fanasty land.
dusesean1986, I will have to disagree with you, why would you want to stand at a cash register all day for $5.00 an hour when in construction you can make $12.00-$30.00 an hour these jobs are not underpaid until now with immigrants under bidding and taking the jobs for cheaper pay.
Whats worse is they are on the sites and really don't understand English and are getting hurt and don't know how to follow direction. I come from a long family white folk line of construction and also, married a contractor and have a professional cleaning business we do very well in this so called underpaid,physically demanding job.
I am not picking on you but, maybe you haven't been in the work force very long and I would love to have this conversation with you in oh say, 20 years when the immigrants have taken over your jobs and lowering your wages and your wondering how you will collect Social Security because, there will probably be none to collect. Then, you and others will see what we are complaining about.

Old 01-07-2007, 09:49 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,878,685 times
Wild, I too worked construction, both Sheetmetal and wood framing. Was making good money at it too here in El Paso.. even joined the unions, you had to back then. But now there is low cost illegals doing the job and companies let go people like us because they can pay them less and keep them off the books, saving the company money, and at the same time dicking the Unions. I cant get a construction job now.. have to speak spanish, and agree to a huge pay cut. I just wont do it.

Well not that I would, I have a good job now.. but that is looking at cuts do to funding.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:03 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,589,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy164 View Post
I could sit behind a desk, dusesean1986--I have. I prefer to do physical work. I prefer to feel like I've really accomplished something. Problem is the wages for these types of jobs have been brought down and an American who is not getting all the social benefits cannot afford to rent, buy or support even themselves. People used to actually be able to support themselves washing dishes, waitressing, working in a factory, being a maid, etc. The government and the media keep trying to convince all of us we're too lazy to to these types of jobs. I don't believe we are and I truly believe we do them better. You are partly correct--we won't continue to be underpaid so CEOs can have 40 million dollar bonuses, but we will gladly do physical work for a decent wage.
Perfect! You go, Granny. You said it plainly. I just don't understand people who cannot see what is happening and believe whatever fox news, et al, serves up.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:21 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,450,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
dusesean1986, I will have to disagree with you, why would you want to stand at a cash register all day for $5.00 an hour when in construction you can make $12.00-$30.00 an hour these jobs are not underpaid until now with immigrants under bidding and taking the jobs for cheaper pay.
:

Until Now...You said it all...I'm sorry if I spoke for other states, and if I said white people don't do construction...It was politically incorrect..There are white folks in Construction and some states pay these workers different wages..I eat my words..In California, until now, wink wink, no one would be paid 12 dollars an hour for the low crudhole jobs. These are the jobs illegal immigrants happily take up. An Architect, General Contractor, Construction Company Owner/Manager can easily make 30 an hour. When my father's house was built the illegal immigrants were involved in every aspect of work. I think, I don't know for sure, the white folk in California understands illegal immigrants are taking down wages. Not to mention, doing the dirty work of Construction sucks, pays little, and only real benefit is a workout. In California, I'm being honest, I've probably only seen 5 to 10 Cacausian Construction workers on homes my whole life.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:26 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,450,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about....I built a lakehome with help from my family on weekends and vacation time...and we are all white middle class Americans...And construction jobs are only underpaid because of these illegals.....I still have family in the construction work...guess what, they are white middle class Americans...Guess they are doing the jobs illegals wont do....
I have no idea what occurs in Texas, I'm sure the middle class in Texas has a much greater ability to succeed through Construction. The homes are cheaper, less cost of living, and less illegal immigrants. I'm sorry if I was not clear, my experience is based in California, the wages have been significantly lowered, and either you are making rags or riches, based on a Top Construction Job in contrast to illegal immigrant pick up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration