U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-31-2008, 01:49 PM
 
411 posts, read 699,832 times
Reputation: 119

Advertisements

British grandmother jailed by Turkish police for two days with no food or water ... just for teaching a boy to speak | Mail Online



Quote:
A grandmother told yesterday how she was seized by Turkish police and held in custody for two days for trying to teach a boy to speak.

Ann Ward, 55, said she was made to sleep on the floor, deprived of food and drink and threatened with prison when she asked to see a lawyer.

The grandmother-of-four was held with a second British woman after police raided a school in the Mediterranean resort of Marmaris and said they were working without official permits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-01-2008, 01:41 AM
 
21 posts, read 39,167 times
Reputation: 10
just lie

do you think they are angels?

this news is British grandmother jailed by Turkish police for two days with no food or water ... just for teaching a boy to speak

i think just a lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2008, 05:19 AM
 
1,487 posts, read 1,989,171 times
Reputation: 934
Those darn illegal Anglos are everywere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2008, 09:03 AM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,032,296 times
Reputation: 2873
Wow, I guess other countries aren't afraid of being labeled racist, uncaring and/or bigoted when it comes to enforcing their emigration laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2008, 09:23 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Wow, I guess other countries aren't afraid of being labeled racist, uncaring and/or bigoted when it comes to enforcing their emigration laws.
BINGO !!...You've got it!....."Afraid" is the key word here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2008, 09:30 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,789,466 times
Reputation: 620
Depriving an elderly woman of food and water for two days is something to be proud of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2008, 09:51 AM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,032,296 times
Reputation: 2873
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Depriving an elderly woman of food and water for two days is something to be proud of?
Absolutely not. They were cruel to them, no doubt. But somewhere between the Turkish extreme and the American 'you are illegal but here are tons of government support to keep you here' extreme should exist a workable middle ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2008, 03:43 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Absolutely not. They were cruel to them, no doubt. But somewhere between the Turkish extreme and the American 'you are illegal but here are tons of government support to keep you here' extreme should exist a workable middle ground.
You mean there's a DIFFERENCE? Really? I thought WE in the USA were just about as 'mean' to illegals as anyone could be! Now you're saying there are different degrees of xenophobia? And that some may even be worse than we are?....Imagine that. Guess you learn something every day...Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2008, 04:10 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
You mean there's a DIFFERENCE? Really? I thought WE in the USA were just about as 'mean' to illegals as anyone could be! Now you're saying there are different degrees of xenophobia? And that some may even be worse than we are?....Imagine that. Guess you learn something every day...Thanks.
Yes, this is indeed a revelation! I, like you, thought the U.S. was THE most mean-spirited xenophobic nation on earth. At least, thatís what we hear from pro-illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2008, 04:42 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,789,466 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, this is indeed a revelation! I, like you, thought the U.S. was THE most mean-spirited xenophobic nation on earth. At least, thatís what we hear from pro-illegals.
No one said the U.S was a xenophopic nation, sorry to break it to you but the so called "anti-illegal" crowd doesn't represent America as a nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top