U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:10 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
blacknight, so you yourself make no distinction between law-abiding immigrants who are in the system with proper work certification or are in line to become naturalized citizens, and the illegal immigrants who all come here on the take to break our laws for as long as they can get away with it? Funny, a lot of us think there's a distinction between the two.
Go ahead and 'fess up', BK.

The accusation against you rings true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 12:47 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Many illegals at least in their original plans only came over to work here a while and then go back home. That would not make them "immigrants" by any stretch. Many start out as "informal temporary guest workers" but after getting by with it for a long time, become "comfortable" and used to the money and then decide they should be handed citizenship.

And since illegals can be deported, they certainly aren't "immigrants" when they are headed back on the ICE van -- getting their "ride home".

Everyone can play around with the meaning of words. We won't call it "deportation", we'll call it a "homecoming".

Old 06-04-2008, 06:58 AM

4,657 posts, read 7,611,673 times
BK,
I easily refuted your accusation that there's no line for immigrants to wait in. You ignored it. Many others have pointed out that you are very pro-illegal in your posts. So, you don't believe in legal borders, are there other laws that you believe people can just disregard? Are you an anarchist?

Old 06-04-2008, 07:26 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
BK,
I easily refuted your accusation that there's no line for immigrants to wait in. You ignored it. Many others have pointed out that you are very pro-illegal in your posts. So, you don't believe in legal borders, are there other laws that you believe people can just disregard? Are you an anarchist?
Anarchist I doubt; blacknight04 is someone who is simply an illegal immigrant lover-------or, a kid who is pulling our collective legs.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:58 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Anarchist I doubt; blacknight04 is someone who is simply an illegal immigrant lover-------or, a kid who is pulling our collective legs.
It's entirely possible that the man is sincere. Perhaps he really does feel that the US is uniquely "evil", and bears a guilt for its past and its present that is simply not shared by any other nation, and that's that. I've met people like that in person, and simply have to 'agree to disagree'.

It reminds me of the angry, furious 15-year old, whose parents are "The worst, stupidest, most unfeeling, cruelest parents in the WHOLE WORLD, and she HATES THEM !!" Sounds pretty awful, and naturally you're concerned. Was she beaten? starved? sexually molested? forced to eat garbage, or locked in her closet for a year?

No, as it turns out, NONE of these things happened. She reveals to you the source of her anger...these so-called "PARENTS" of hers (yuck !)...have TAKEN AWAY HER CELL PHONE and GROUNDED HER FOR THE WEEKEND.

Reasoning with the girl will get you nowhere. You can cite all the logic, realism, and perspective you want, but in the end, the girl 'knows what she knows'....(she's 15, remember)...and what she 'knows' is that HER parents are absolutely the "MEANEST PARENTS in the WHOLE WORLD". She's not lying..she actually believes this.

Countries and societies are 'systems', much like families. And some people live in the "meanest, most racist country in the WORLD".....and that's that...period.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:16 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Many illegals at least in their original plans only came over to work here a while and then go back home. That would not make them "immigrants" by any stretch. Many start out as "informal temporary guest workers" but after getting by with it for a long time, become "comfortable" and used to the money and then decide they should be handed citizenship.

And since illegals can be deported, they certainly aren't "immigrants" when they are headed back on the ICE van -- getting their "ride home".

Everyone can play around with the meaning of words. We won't call it "deportation", we'll call it a "homecoming".
Who says legal immigrants can't be deported? This shows how much u really know about this issue.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
BK,
What did you refute? You say there is a line for them to stand in and i say there is not. If you read through my posts, i've never said the borders should be open...all i'm saying is that the immigration laws need to be fixed and reformed fairly.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
It's entirely possible that the man is sincere. Perhaps he really does feel that the US is uniquely "evil", and bears a guilt for its past and its present that is simply not shared by any other nation, and that's that. I've met people like that in person, and simply have to 'agree to disagree'.

It reminds me of the angry, furious 15-year old, whose parents are "The worst, stupidest, most unfeeling, cruelest parents in the WHOLE WORLD, and she HATES THEM !!" Sounds pretty awful, and naturally you're concerned. Was she beaten? starved? sexually molested? forced to eat garbage, or locked in her closet for a year?

No, as it turns out, NONE of these things happened. She reveals to you the source of her anger...these so-called "PARENTS" of hers (yuck !)...have TAKEN AWAY HER CELL PHONE and GROUNDED HER FOR THE WEEKEND.

Reasoning with the girl will get you nowhere. You can cite all the logic, realism, and perspective you want, but in the end, the girl 'knows what she knows'....(she's 15, remember)...and what she 'knows' is that HER parents are absolutely the "MEANEST PARENTS in the WHOLE WORLD". She's not lying..she actually believes this.

Countries and societies are 'systems', much like families. And some people live in the "meanest, most racist country in the WORLD".....and that's that...period.
LOL.. when have i ever said the U.S was "evil"?

Old 06-04-2008, 12:29 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
LOL.. when have i ever said the U.S was "evil"?
Well, isn't it?.......

Besides, I was only attempting to "guess" your motives. Certainly you're familiar with THAT, right?...."Guessing" folks' motives, and assigning REASONS for their behavior, as you see it? Don't we ALL do that?...
(After all, don't we pretty well agree on WHY so many Americans object to "immigrants"? Isn't it OBVIOUS?) .....

Old 06-04-2008, 12:34 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What did you refute? You say there is a line for them to stand in and i say there is not. If you read through my posts, i've never said the borders should be open...all i'm saying is that the immigration laws need to be fixed and reformed fairly.
SPLENDID idea!!! Fair is fair, and since we've already taken on more than 5 million people legally from Mexico since 1840 to 1996, we should put a moratorium on them indefinitely to allow the other nations to catch up. (You might want to check the numbers in this link before throwing around words like "fair".)

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0201398.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or