U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 07:06 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,019,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
*meant.

Good God, this is America! Pick up an English-Spanish dictionary!
*gawd* down here.
If you need an English spanish dictionary than your not around em much are ya.
Amiga is familiar and feminine......
ment.meant................do you really give a crap......you got the meaning
do we really want to play post nazi as Ive noticed several of your post have improper grammar, poor spell check and construction not as
Ms. Jones would have liked............
perhaps a thread on compound sentences would be approbo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 07:31 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
nope, not a coincidence. If people are offering the service, people are usually going to go for it. Who has time to be gardnening? Most people are too busy working, and the people don't charge a lot.

I think it's hilarious that people act like the only ones hiring people to do yard work are these snooty, upper crust, rich people.

Theres a lot of people middle class, and even a lot of people in the hood who don't mind paying for the service once in awhile. At least the ones who care about keeping up their yard, and have a job that keeps them from having all the time in the world to do yard work.

I like how people feel like the real common man, because they raked up a few leaves.
Hmmm I smell a lame excuse.
I have acres to mow. I have a huge garden.
An in ground pool.
I cut my own grass, tend the garden.
I also work a 12.5 hour swing shift. I have no problem finding the time.
Lets try this answer instead: I hire illegals to do my chores because they do it cheap, I am too lazy to do them myself and I honestly don't care about the legal citizens I am hurting.
Now which one sounds a little more honest/accurate?

Old 06-08-2008, 01:15 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,005,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Hmmm I smell a lame excuse.
I have acres to mow. I have a huge garden.
An in ground pool.
I cut my own grass, tend the garden.
I also work a 12.5 hour swing shift. I have no problem finding the time.
Lets try this answer instead: I hire illegals to do my chores because they do it cheap, I am too lazy to do them myself and I honestly don't care about the legal citizens I am hurting.
Now which one sounds a little more honest/accurate?
I commend you, sir. A real man's man! No oil change for you, no driving through a car wash, no picking up fast food or eating at a restaurant, just roll up those sleeves and git-R-Dun!

Old 06-08-2008, 08:20 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,019,641 times
AMC................sigh...............I dont hire anyof my work done for the simple reason I dont want complete strangers found lurking on the street at my house...........any more than you would.....................
The few things I have hired out were to reputable companies with a name and address I could go to if needed.................

Old 06-10-2008, 04:03 PM

219 posts, read 378,949 times
That is awesome you guys! It keeps ya humble I think. I LOVE yardwork, working in the garden, washing my car, washing windows all that stuff! I have to hurry and do the yard work before my husband gets home cuz he thinks it's his job. hehe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or