Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 05:48 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,783 times

Advertisements

that American citizens arent supposed to do...........
I roto-tilled my front yard, raked it......fertilized it.......leveled it.......
and sodded it............and all without the help of an illegal..............ya know..........one of those jobs us gringos wont do.................for a wage we wont accept...................Now I will admit that my son also helpe but I fed him all the pizza he could eat................
Did I mention we hit 95.................with a hot south breeze and for those of you who know Oklahoma.......that was a tuff day................
Just sayin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 06:03 AM

1,744 posts, read 7,260,272 times
Good work. Just make sure that sod gets a ton of water, especially now that it's starting to get hot...it's hard to over-water sod. We wouldn't want that good ol' American craftsmanship to go to waste, now would we?

Old 06-03-2008, 02:23 PM

148 posts, read 471,574 times
Bravo! I did a ton of landscaping work over the weekend on my parents' house. Cutting down some very overgrown bushes and small trees, mulching it up, all in the hot L.A. sun.

SERIOUS manual labor, without the need for Manuel.

It was a lot of hard work, but very rewarding, especially since I didn't pick up a couple of illegals from the local Home Depot and pay them $10+ per hour.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:50 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Where do they get the idea that all Americans have illegals doing their domestic chores. Ive always done my own yard work and house work or givin my kids a modest allowance to do chores and so has everyone ive ever known.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:56 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,408 times
My husband tore up 13 panels of our sidewalk (we have a corner lot), poured and leveled concrete, all with the help of one friend.

His friend was paid with a lovely steak dinner and a few ice cold glasses of lemonade!!! I would have helped, but I am in early stages of pregnancy and my husband will not let me do any hard work!

A little twist on things, in Junior high and High School, I used to pay to go to Mexico and build homes! So I paid to go somewhere and do hard labor!!!! How is that for backwards!

Old 06-03-2008, 02:58 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Yeppers:

Abled bodied Americans/green card holders don't need no steekin' illegals to do our manual labor

Old 06-03-2008, 02:59 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,409,608 times
We've been doing the same.

I have to say there's really something about digging your fingers into your own dirt and seeing the results of your efforts sprout and bloom before your eyes.

I pity people who are "above" that, and who deprive themselves of that organic feeling, substituting it with a sterile, synthetic "isn't that pretty" gazing out the window of their mcmansion...

ahhh don't get me started lol

Old 06-03-2008, 03:08 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,023 times
Good for you.

Now go pick some lettuce and clean some public toilets.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:16 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Good for you.

"Picking lettuce" is a good example of work Americans won't do...but "Cleaning toilets" isn't. Lots of people do that. Antonio Villaraigosa claims to clean "our" toilets....and he's not only a legal American, he's the mayor of Los Angeles...

(Actually, the mayor didn't say "I clean your toilets"....as I recall, he said "WE clean your toilets".....by 'we', I'm not sure whether he meant his fellow big-city mayors, his office staff, or the members of his country club....but I do remember him saying "WE CLEAN YOUR TOILETS", to thunderous applause...so I guess the illegals don't do ALL the 'grunt work'.....)

Old 06-03-2008, 03:17 PM

148 posts, read 471,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Good for you.

Soon technology will replace the illegal farm hands...GOOD RIDDANCE. As for cleaning public toilets, we should have our prisoners do that. Or keep the illegals doing it as it is what they do best and can actually handle.

Americans definitely should pick their own fruits and vegetables, considering the illegals picking our fruit and vegetables don't wash their hands after urinating and defecating in those same fields and on the crops they are picking...and you wonder why there are reports today of tomatoes causing a huge salmonella outbreak...and e coli on the lettuce and spinach.

It would blow your mind if you knew of the diseases that our forefathers eradicated that are running rampant throughout the third world (and being brought back to the US by these illegals).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration