U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 06:58 PM

2,896 posts, read 5,913,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I could not possibly even imagine the remote possibility this was a scam perpetrated by the very people that claim to be a victim of this heinous act for publicity purposes. Nope, would never cross my mind....ever.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:14 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Tempest in a teapot, my friends.

One of 2 things will be found out. Either the caller is a total idiot racist POS, in which case it will be splashed all over the evening news...

Or it's a TOTAL HOAX perpetrated by someone trying to paint the pro-legals as psycho's, in which case the story will be stonewalled until the end of time.

I've got 2 to 1 on scenario #2, any takers???

Old 06-03-2008, 08:53 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Wording is a matter of semantics. The vast majority of people I know who are against illegal immigration are very much for legal immigration, myself included. But then again, considering your PRO-illegal alien apologist stand, you don't like being called ANTI-legal immigration, do you?

The article relates an incident of one threat by one person against an anti-legal immigrant organization. One--who, by the way, should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law should he be found guilty.

On the other hand, there are numerous incidents of people who are in this country illegally committing violent acts against American citizens.

Immigrations Human Cost

Not All Illegal Aliens Come Here To Work

Illegal Alien Crime Wave in Full Swing

Of course, you all have a hissy whenever illegal aliens are referred to as the criminals that they are, but surprise--last time I checked, the laws which prohibit entering this country illegally had not been repealed. By the very virtue of their presence in this country, they are criminals.
you arent for legal immigration as much as you see it as the lesser evil. you'd be complaining if you were surrounded by spanish speakers who were legal americans.

And many of those who come here illegally are as much criminals as you are if you ever drank a beer before 21, sped 3 miles over the speed limit, or downloaded a free song.

Yeah, the sheer amount of illegal immigration MAY have a negative affect on certain things, but stop trying to villainize the individual illegal immigrant. You have a very ugly picture of who these people really are.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Tempest in a teapot, my friends.

One of 2 things will be found out. Either the caller is a total idiot racist POS, in which case it will be splashed all over the evening news...

Or it's a TOTAL HOAX perpetrated by someone trying to paint the pro-legals as psycho's, in which case the story will be stonewalled until the end of time.

I've got 2 to 1 on scenario #2, any takers???
Denial is sad.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Denial is sad.
Does that mean you'll take my bet???

Old 06-03-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Does that mean you'll take my bet???
Is it that inconceivable for a racist person to do it as a prank? or maybe even to be an actual threat from someone?

Get real. Your losing touch with reality.

Ironically,
\

YouTube - " okay to shoot people in the back " " we are at war "

Old 06-03-2008, 09:59 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
you arent for legal immigration as much as you see it as the lesser evil. you'd be complaining if you were surrounded by spanish speakers who were legal americans.

And many of those who come here illegally are as much criminals as you are if you ever drank a beer before 21, sped 3 miles over the speed limit, or downloaded a free song.

Yeah, the sheer amount of illegal immigration MAY have a negative affect on certain things, but stop trying to villainize the individual illegal immigrant. You have a very ugly picture of who these people really are.
Someone illegally crossing the US border to say 'I visited the USA' and returned home is one thing.

Now; someone crossing illegally with the intention of living/working here in the USA is a much bigger lawbreaker......factor in ID theft then we are discussing Felonies!

Translation: I sure as hell do NOT want that variety of criminal in my country-------the cold reality is that their kind typically have little respect for law and order as it is.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Is it that inconceivable for a racist person to do it as a prank? or maybe even to be an actual threat from someone?

Get real. Your losing touch with reality.

Ironically,
\

YouTube - " okay to shoot people in the back " " we are at war "
Please re-read my post. The first option I stated was for a true racist POS to be responsible, was it not? I could have sworn it was. Yes it was, I just double-checked.

I'm STILL laying 2 to 1 that it was something that would cause a 'media blackout' because the circumstances don't correspond to the AGENDA being pushed by the PTB (Powers That Be).

Let me repeat myself, "Does that mean you'll take my bet??"

Old 06-03-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Please re-read my post. The first option I stated was for a true racist POS to be responsible, was it not? I could have sworn it was. Yes it was, I just double-checked.

I'm STILL laying 2 to 1 that it was something that would cause a 'media blackout' because the circumstances don't correspond to the AGENDA being pushed by the PTB (Powers That Be).

Let me repeat myself, "Does that mean you'll take my bet??"
I dont take you seriously enough to make a bet with you over something that will probably not be discussed very much after this. But if it makes you feel any better, Ill acknowledge that you said that.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:26 PM

Quote:
I dont take you seriously enough to make a bet with you over something that will probably not be discussed very much after this. But if it makes you feel any better, Ill acknowledge that you said that.
These words seem to imply that you believe my bet would be a winner....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration