U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-03-2008, 05:00 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Reputation: 620

Advertisements

Quote:
One was left in a voice mail to Bautista on a Washington number he uses for his work as the Latino missioner of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington. "Don't be surprised when there's a [expletive] bullet in the back of your [expletive] brain," the caller said, according to a recording made available by CASA staffers.
washingtonpost.com

The anti-immigrant crowd is getting desperate.

 
Old 06-03-2008, 05:15 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
At least they're not racist.
 
Old 06-03-2008, 05:17 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
So, it's entirely fine to tar and feather the entire pro-legal immigration movement with the same brush when one person acts like a moron, but when illegal aliens are catagorized as criminals based upon numerous violent crimes committed against Americans, the pro-illegal alien crowd has a major temper tantrum.

Nothing hypocritical in that line of thinking.....
 
Old 06-03-2008, 05:23 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
So, it's entirely fine to tar and feather the entire pro-legal immigration movement with the same brush when one person acts like a moron, but when illegal aliens are catagorized as criminals based upon numerous violent crimes committed against Americans, the pro-illegal alien crowd has a major temper tantrum.

Nothing hypocritical in that line of thinking.....
pro-legal immigration movement? haha...you should apply to be someones PR agent somewhere. Thats really clever.

And hypocritical?

I like how its "one person acting like moron" on your crowd, but its "numerous" illegals who are violent criminals.

Calling the kettle black.
 
Old 06-03-2008, 06:15 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
So, it's entirely fine to tar and feather the entire pro-legal immigration movement with the same brush when one person acts like a moron, but when illegal aliens are catagorized as criminals based upon numerous violent crimes committed against Americans, the pro-illegal alien crowd has a major temper tantrum.

Nothing hypocritical in that line of thinking.....
Again; just growing desperation on the part of the pro illegal immigrant crowd.

That stated: if some idiot who claims to be anti illegal immigration did make that sort of a threat-------he/she should be tried and convicted to the fullest extent of the law.

While on the subject of the law: maybe the US legal system should make an 'example' of anybody who aids and abets illegal immigration-----and, throw the book at 'em.
 
Old 06-03-2008, 06:20 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Again; just growing desperation on the part of the pro illegal immigrant crowd.

That stated: if some idiot who claims to be anti illegal immigration did make that sort of a threat-------he/she should be tried and convicted to the fullest extent of the law.

While on the subject of the law: maybe the US legal system should make an 'example' of anybody who aids and abets illegal immigration-----and, throw the book at 'em.
I think for the people aiding and abetting illegals for non-profit reasons, such as bringing family across to join them, i dont think they should be punished at the same extent as someone making phone calls threatening to shoot someone in the back of the head.
 
Old 06-03-2008, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I think for the people aiding and abetting illegals for non-profit reasons, such as bringing family across to join them, i dont think they should be punished at the same extent as someone making phone calls threatening to shoot someone in the back of the head.
Please re-read my post.

Punish both varieties of lawbreakers to the fullest extent of the law.
 
Old 06-03-2008, 06:35 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Please re-read my post.

Punish both varieties of lawbreakers to the fullest extent of the law.
I see that, but I'm saying that the kind of aiding and abbetting arent as malicious as say a coyote and that guy making calls.
 
Old 06-03-2008, 06:49 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
pro-legal immigration movement? haha...you should apply to be someones PR agent somewhere. Thats really clever.

And hypocritical?

I like how its "one person acting like moron" on your crowd, but its "numerous" illegals who are violent criminals.

Calling the kettle black.
Wording is a matter of semantics. The vast majority of people I know who are against illegal immigration are very much for legal immigration, myself included. But then again, considering your PRO-illegal alien apologist stand, you don't like being called ANTI-legal immigration, do you?

The article relates an incident of one threat by one person against an anti-legal immigrant organization. One--who, by the way, should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law should he be found guilty.

On the other hand, there are numerous incidents of people who are in this country illegally committing violent acts against American citizens.

Immigrations Human Cost

Not All Illegal Aliens Come Here To Work

Illegal Alien Crime Wave in Full Swing

Of course, you all have a hissy whenever illegal aliens are referred to as the criminals that they are, but surprise--last time I checked, the laws which prohibit entering this country illegally had not been repealed. By the very virtue of their presence in this country, they are criminals.
 
Old 06-03-2008, 06:54 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Pretty stupid, in the first place, whoever did this.....for ONE reason, when anyone gets a "bullet in the back of his (expletive) brain", he's not going to be surprised anyway...he's going to be in a coma...or dead. It's like telling somebody "if you don't check your house for Carbon Monoxide, one of these days you could just wake up dead"...not the world's greatest mind, I'm afraid.

However, it seems to me that this could easily be the work of an angry MEChA member, in a clever 'ruse' designed to cast suspicion on the local rednecks, possibly in order to inflame passions. Could even be al-Qaeda, hoping to cause turmoil in American society.

Remember those tired old Western movies, in which the Army sergeant would pull an arrow out of a burning log cabin? He'd say something like "Look here, Cap'n....a Sioux arrow !.....This was the work of THEM rascals".....but the wise old Captain would say, "Nope Jake..you're wrong. THIS here is a fake....them Cheyenne musta made this arrow, in order to make the Sioux look guilty..notice how the feathers is put on wrong..no self-respectin' Sioux ever did THAT"....
By the end of the movie, it would turn out that the settler's cabin had been 'torched', not by the Sioux, NOR by the Cheyenne, but by a jealous white neighbor, resentful of the guy's crops.

It's hard to believe ANYONE, with a straight face, would make a telephone threat as stupid and ill-planned as the one in this quote...It's GOT to be a set-up...(I'm sure the same thing has happened in reverse, too, as college-educated Americans march in rallies, "posing" as illegals, in order to 'stir things up'. Happens quite regularly, from what I'm told.)...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top