U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 04:27 PM

451 posts, read 235,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Yes, they did it by illegal immigration and breeding. AND, they still get American benefits, to boot, since it's still (supposedly) American territory.
Maybe, but it's paradoxical that milllions of mexicans live the "american dream" in LA and Phoenix, while homelessness is epidemic in these two cities
with the vast majority of them being "anglos", I hardly ever see ,if at all, any
hispanic homeless people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 04:41 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
Maybe, but it's paradoxical that milllions of mexicans live the "american dream" in LA and Phoenix, while homelessness is epidemic in these two cities
with the vast majority of them being "anglos", I hardly ever see ,if at all, any
hispanic homeless people.
Try googling McGonagle Canyon. Read at your own peril.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:26 PM

1,268 posts, read 817,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Try googling McGonagle Canyon. Read at your own peril.

Being homeless and living in a shack is differently than going out in the street begging for money. Although-- this does happen in Mexico, I never seen Hispanics out begging for money.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:07 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Oh, but that's DIFFERENT.....

Really?? Why???

Old 04-16-2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Oh, but that's DIFFERENT.....

Really?? Why???
How is working and living in a shack the same as living no where and begging for money??

Old 04-16-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Being homeless and living in a shack is differently than going out in the street begging for money. Although-- this does happen in Mexico, I never seen Hispanics out begging for money.
We weren't talking about panhandling - the comment was HOMELESS. If you think living in McGonagle Canyon is "HOME" then more power to you - they've got room for one more! I hear they bring fresh teens each night.

Or does beggar=homeless in Exedous' dictionary? The two are very separate and distinct words.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
We weren't talking about panhandling - the comment was HOMELESS. If you think living in McGonagle Canyon is "HOME" then more power to you - they've got room for one more! I hear they bring fresh teens each night.

Or does beggar=homeless in Exedous' dictionary? The two are very separate and distinct words.

In Mexico, especially on the border, people live in Shacks. In parts of Africa, there are people who live in huts, and the native Americans lived in Teepee's. Do you consider this homeless?

Old 04-16-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
In Mexico, especially on the border, people live in Shacks. In parts of Africa, there are people who live in huts, and the native Americans lived in Teepee's. Do you consider this homeless?
I am speaking exclusively of the US, since this thread isn't about Africa. Here in the US, to have a home, you have to have a little thing called an ADDRESS. You either buy a home, or rent one from another owner. When San Diego starts parceling up the canyon currently squatted in by homeless people, and they put a house number on the shrub/tree each person is squatting around/under, then come back to me.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:28 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Quote:
I never have either, but I have seen a man on next to a freeway off ramp on one side and his little wifey on the other. They were both anglo and they would fold up their card board signs at the end of the day and leave together.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Nothing at all,,,huh?
Well That shows how much you know about it.
Have you ever seen their Bill Board?
You know people are getting really paranoid when an Absolut Vodka ad makes them worry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration