U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 06:53 AM

185 posts, read 673,240 times

Advertisements

Well since I live in SWFL I'll just be happy and not worry about anything that is going on in the southwest USA. I'm sure there is nothing to it. No way can a bunch of poor people of short stature invade a section of this country and expect to win. I don't know why I even gave this baseless theory a second thought. I guess I should just live in blind bliss and be thankful for the good people in Washington that will not allow any harm to come to this country or its citizens. Besides I would not want anyone thinking that I"m some kind of nut and you should not belive everything you read anyway. Since there has not been any coverage on the TV news programs regarding this topic it must be bogus. Well I have to run along now my shuffle board game is starting in a few minutes. Talk to you latter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2007, 08:01 AM

1,701 posts, read 5,850,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
AFAIK, only the nuts (Including that Aztlan group) talk about it.
The AFAIK group has been watching too much of The lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:22 AM

5,080 posts, read 7,673,322 times
As stuff like this comes up, I like to try and inform myself.. here are some links I think you all may enjoy reading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Cession
The land they claim was sold to the US.. so they have no rights to it.

I noticed the article in the first post talks about the Manifest Destiny.. Here is more info on that..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_Destiny

What they didn't sell us we won in war..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican-American_War

About time we educate these people on history dont you think?

Last edited by Muhnay; 01-09-2007 at 08:55 AM..

Old 01-09-2007, 08:51 AM

185 posts, read 673,240 times
You bet it is. The only reason I brought this up is that it seems to tie into the issues with illegal immigration from countries south of the United States.

Thanks for the links Muhnay I'll read them.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:31 PM

451 posts, read 235,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
I saw that. Here's a graphic for those too lazy to read the site.
I think it will be a reaility in our lifetime,

Old 05-17-2008, 01:55 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 735,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEWY12 View Post
Has anyone read or heard of this movement?
Yes, that's why we post here in the immigration forum for the most part.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:17 AM

3,172 posts, read 5,998,873 times
its just an extremist idea. the idea is not popular among mexicans, mexican-americans.

and those who think northern mexico was s tolen by the americans are not the same as those who believe in aztlan.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:31 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
I think it will be a reaility in our lifetime,
I doubt it-------try more like Nuevo Leon, Sonora, etc. becoming parts of the USA as English speaking states.

Precedent was already set by Texas telling Mexico City to get lost back in 1836.

Remember that Mx's birthrate is barely above replacement level as it is.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:45 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,745,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEWY12 View Post
Has anyone read or heard of this movement? I read an artical from The Washington Times regarding this topic.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/comme...2348-2753r.htm
Yes it's very real. It's why Mexicans think they have a racist right to break our laws, they believe they are not obliged to follow immigration laws that legal immigrants follow and they have no respect for the border. It's why they insist on having Spanish taught in our schools, and all welfare services provided to them in Spanish. It's why in the SW you see so many Mexican flags being waved and so many Mexican government buildings going up.

The Mexican government is behind much of this, they are gaining great power over the USA by sending their people here and encouraging them to get dual citizenship so that they can vote in our elections, or encouraging them to vote without citizenship.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:29 AM

769 posts, read 1,969,301 times
Where is the movement for getting back Guatemala? That was once part of Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration