U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 10:10 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,967,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Do you really think that they are thinking that far ahead?

The reconquista crowd is too busy touting their philosophy of victimology. That would assume that they would actually stop and think about what U.S. territory would be like without U.S. citizenry supporting the infrastructure with their hard earned tax dollars.
I have a feeling that they aren't connecting the dots. Maybe they think they'll STILL get American support, even if they are "back in Mexico". And, knowing our government, they WILL get supported by the taxpayers even if they steal the land!! Maybe THAT would wake up the U.S. citizens.

Steal the land, and expect hand-outs at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 12:32 PM

252 posts, read 1,015,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Priceless rebuttal!

Besides; some of today's trailers are actually quite nice

I know, its amazing! I went to Silvercrest's factory & when finished properly feels identical or better than some of the mass produced tract home. Also, there are $1 million mobile home lots being sold in Malibu.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:52 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snb3 View Post
I know, its amazing! I went to Silvercrest's factory & when finished properly feels identical or better than some of the mass produced tract home. Also, there are $1 million mobile home lots being sold in Malibu.
Remember 'barinnas'?

Maybe that is what he/she was referring to about 'White' people living in trailers as the putative 'Hispanics' try to take over the cities. Let the latter have the McMansions with 20 people living in each--------if here legally.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:51 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Remember 'barinnas'?

How could any of us ever FORGET him? His references to "whites living in trailers" got me so intrigued that the other day I sat up half the night googling "Mobile Homes". So far, all I got was a bunch of real estate agents trying to sell lots on the coast of Alabama.....

maybe I'll try "Movable Residences"....or "Houses with wheels"....or maybe, "Jerry Springer's target audience"....or maybe barinnas will get back with us, and I can ask him.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:42 PM

3,368 posts, read 10,273,527 times
The "reconquista" is a left-field dream supported by only a tiny minority of Latinos in the United States. It is "wishful thinking" espoused by only a small group of radical Mexican-Americans (and almost no Mexican immigrants themselves) and pretty much no one else.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:07 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,967,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
The "reconquista" is a left-field dream supported by only a tiny minority of Latinos in the United States. It is "wishful thinking" espoused by only a small group of radical Mexican-Americans (and almost no Mexican immigrants themselves) and pretty much no one else.
Of course - they wouldn't get U.S. benefits if they did that.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:50 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
That "tiny leftist minority" has a strong foothold in a variety of educational venues--mainly colleges, but high schools as well.

Former teacher in Tucson Unified School District's hotly debated ethnic studies department: "Raza studies gives rise to racial hostility."

Guest opinion: Raza studies gives rise to racial hostility | EDUCATION

Quote:
Immediately it was clear that the class was not a U.S. history course, which the state of Arizona requires for graduation. Where history was missing from the course, it was filled by controversial and biased curriculum. The basic theme of the curriculum was that Mexican-Americans were and continue to be victims of a racist American society driven by the interests of middle and upper-class whites.
Nearly every four year institution in the U.S. boasts a M.E.C.h.A. chapter on campus, funded by U.S. tax dollars. If you believe this to be a benign sort of minority service organization, then you are sadly mistaken.

From M.E.C.h.A.'s website:

Quote:
Each word in MEChA symbolizes a great concept in terms of la causa. Movimiento means that the organization is dedicated to the movement to gain self-determination for our people. Estudiantil, identifies the organization as a student group for we are part of our Raza's future. At the heart of the name is the use of the identity: Chicano. At first seen as a negative word, now taken for a badge of honor. In adopting their new identity, the students committed themselves to return to the barrios, colonias, or campos and together, struggle against the forces that oppress our gente. Lastly, the affirmation that we are Indigenous people to this land by placing our movement in Aztlan, the homeland of all peoples from Anahuak.
National MEChA: About Us

Note to the Mods: From a public website and not copyrighted.

As long as the majority of Americans continue to delude themselves into believing that these are the ideals of a few wackos rather than a substantial population, then this mindset will continue to flourish. The most alarming factor is that this is the ideology being taught to impressionable young people who have no real foundational base with which to refute this nonsense. After all, living within that victim mentality leaves one with absolutely no sense of personal responsibility for one's own actions--an ideology which many young people are happy to embrace.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:18 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
That "tiny leftist minority" has a strong foothold in a variety of educational venues--mainly colleges, but high schools as well.

As long as the majority of Americans continue to delude themselves into believing that these are the ideals of a few wackos rather than a substantial population, then this mindset will continue to flourish. The most alarming factor is that this is the ideology being taught to impressionable young people who have no real foundational base with which to refute this nonsense. After all, living within that victim mentality leaves one with absolutely no sense of personal responsibility for one's own actions--an ideology which many young people are happy to embrace.
Excellent post! This is precisely their intent. They rely on being marginalized by the majority of citizens. Itís an age-old strategy: defeat your enemies by convincing them you pose no threat. Sadly, their strategy appears to be working.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:20 AM

3,368 posts, read 10,273,527 times
I think that Mecha's goals are pretty racist as well, and I definitely do not support them. However, just as only a tiny percentage of Anglo-Americans support the KKK, only a tiny percentage of Mexican-Americans support the reconquista.

One of my principal probloems with the teachings of Mecha is that Mexican-Americans are an indigenous people more entitled to the land than others that are there now. This bothers me because although most Mexican-Americans are mixed with indigenous blood, they are nonetheless mostly of European descent and yet many do not recognize this! Some of their ancestors "invaded" the Native Americans' land as well. Contrast this to actual Mexicans from Mexico, who are proud of their European roots and stress them even if they are 75% indigenous and 25% European. I can't stress enough that the small faction of Mexican-Americans who espouse radical beliefs like the ones you stated are just NOT representative of Mexicans, LET ALONE good representatives of Hispanics or Latinos in the US as a whole.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:27 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
I think that Mecha's goals are pretty racist as well, and I definitely do not support them. However, just as only a tiny percentage of Anglo-Americans support the KKK, only a tiny percentage of Mexican-Americans support the reconquista.

One of my principal probloems with the teachings of Mecha is that Mexican-Americans are an indigenous people more entitled to the land than others that are there now. This bothers me because although most Mexican-Americans are mixed with indigenous blood, they are nonetheless mostly of European descent and yet many do not recognize this! Some of their ancestors "invaded" the Native Americans' land as well. Contrast this to actual Mexicans from Mexico, who are proud of their European roots and stress them even if they are 75% indigenous and 25% European. I can't stress enough that the small faction of Mexican-Americans who espouse radical beliefs like the ones you stated are just NOT representative of Mexicans, LET ALONE good representatives of Hispanics or Latinos in the US as a whole.
As you outlined.

There is a strong streak of White supremacy in Hispanic culture hence many Mestizos in Mexico, etc. downplaying their Aztec, etc heritage in favor of a sliver of Euro Spanish, etc. descent.

A look at a telenovela says it all----------the leading roles are almost invariably filled by Mexicans of English, Danish, etc. background whereas the servants, are depicted by stereotypical 'brown' Mexicans.

If I were a Latino---------I would be both hurt and very offended
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration