Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should happen?
He/they should be deported after his graduation 41 58.57%
He/they should be given amnesty due to his academic achievements and skills 17 24.29%
He/they should be granted asylum due to the hardship they may face back in Armenia 3 4.29%
A "private bill" should be passed, allowing them to stay 2 2.86%
Other 7 10.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 10:16 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You know this how?
Think about it, blacknight04:

Simply being here is illegally is against the law; factor in working/paid 'under the table'-------we are now discussing tax evasion. And so on.

One catches my drift.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 06:06 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Think about it, blacknight04:

Simply being here is illegally is against the law; factor in working/paid 'under the table'-------we are now discussing tax evasion. And so on.

One catches my drift.
Didn't you see the articles stating that most illegal immigrants pay taxes using itins given by the irs? So.. being here illegally is not a felony and since most of them pay taxes using itin's, that takes away your claims of tax evasion. So now tell me how the vast majority are criminals again?

Quote:
<Many illegal immigrants are paying U.S. taxes,Some use Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers to file tax returns,Expert: Illegal immigrants contributed $428 billion to economy in 2006
Illegal immigrants pay billions in taxes - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/personal/04/15/immigrant.taxes.ap/index.html - broken link)

Kansas Court Rules Being in the Country Illegally is Not a Crime (Latina Lista) (http://www.latinalista.net/palabrafinal/2007/08/kansas_court_rules_being_in_the_country.html - broken link)

Quote:
However, an appeals court ruled that wasn't the case.
"While an illegal alien is subject to deportation, that person's ongoing presence in the United States in and of itself is not a crime, unless that person had been previously deported and regained illegal entry into this country."

Old 06-10-2008, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Read the rest of the post, BK. She explained EXACTLY how she 'knows'. All you gotta do is pay attention...
Anyone can spout propaganda, it's another thing to back up what you say with hard cold facts.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:35 AM

Face it: blacknight04; you loooove to lump both legal and illegal immigrants together for some reason hence we take much of what you say with a grain of salt.

Most of the rest of us differentiate between the two groups.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Face it: blacknight04; you loooove to lump both legal and illegal immigrants together for some reason hence we take much of what you say with a grain of salt.

Most of the rest of us differentiate between the two groups.
Ummm..in what statement in this thread have i lumped those two groups togther? Off course the anti-immigrant crowd doesn't listen to anyone who disagrees with them.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:31 PM

1,028 posts, read 2,338,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Ummm..in what statement in this thread have i lumped those two groups togther? Off course the anti-immigrant crowd doesn't listen to anyone who disagrees with them.
Do you agree one can be pro-immigration yet vigorously opposed to illegal immigration?

Old 06-10-2008, 01:02 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabluey View Post
Do you agree one can be pro-immigration yet vigorously opposed to illegal immigration?
Do you agree that people use their anti-illegal stance as a means to become anti-immigration all together?

Old 06-10-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Do you agree that people use their anti-illegal stance as a means to become anti-immigration all together?
Speaking for myself:

I am OK with legal immigration

The illegal variety need to leave.........and, I am not referring to folks who were once illegal--------I am talking about the present crop of illegals.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:31 PM

1,028 posts, read 2,338,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Is that a no? I'll wait to answer your question until mine is answered. I'm not playing this game. I am eager to respond to your inquiry, however.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:33 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
The answer is some are against illegals and for immigration, some are not, some are against all immigration. I would say those who are more pro-illegal are also pro-immigration..they sort of come coupled in that regard.

Both sides of the illegal debate tend to bring legal immigrants into the mix (as well as racism I might add).

Both sides are guilty for not focusing on the real problem, hence the point of my question to your question. Pardon me for not being more direct, but I had to make the point.

Last edited by Mach50; 06-10-2008 at 01:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration