Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should happen?
He/they should be deported after his graduation 41 58.57%
He/they should be given amnesty due to his academic achievements and skills 17 24.29%
He/they should be granted asylum due to the hardship they may face back in Armenia 3 4.29%
A "private bill" should be passed, allowing them to stay 2 2.86%
Other 7 10.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 02:45 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Well stated; you summed up my feelings in a nutshell too.
But they are just that "feelings" and what you deem as MOST may not be what others see as MOST or actual fact.

What if I said MOST people I meet who are against illegals are also very racist? Does that make it true for majority of actual anti-illegals?

The answer is NO, that just means that I meet a lot of racist people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 03:03 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
You "MAY" be arrested, and it's in Engish, so there's two exscuses.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:09 PM

219 posts, read 425,185 times
Ahhhh, yes. Meaning that they may or may not be in the mood to work that day and of course, with every other sign in America it must be in Spanish. Love it!

Old 06-11-2008, 04:04 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Bottom line here:

Legal immigrants are acceptable.

Illegal ones need to be tossed out and face the possibility of having their assets seized.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:25 PM

1,028 posts, read 2,337,607 times
The bottom line for me is the distinction between legal and illegal immigration is very relevant, and I think credible rational discussion requires a recognition of that distinction. And I will do what I can to enforce that distinction.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:28 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabluey View Post
The bottom line for me is the distinction between legal and illegal immigration is very relevant, and I think credible rational discussion requires a recognition of that distinction. And I will do what I can to enforce that distinction.
Agreed.

And; most of the de facto pro illegal immigration fans tend to blur the distinction between legal and illegal immigrants to try to further their morally bankrupt cause.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:52 PM

399 posts, read 554,244 times
How would you feel if you lived your life here, and made good grades then had to be deported to a country that you barely knew nothing about?

Law is law, true. All though, this person would contribute more to society then half of the american people that get out of high school.

See him as an asset, not as a criminal.
Why is that American's want to deport all the smart, ones and keep all the dumb ones?

It makes sense, Bush WAS voted TWICE in office... lol lol lol

Try and be in his situation, of course. most people have it well. In a country they where born in. see it from his eyes, no say crap like "law is Law"
Try and actually going to Mexico and see how people live there.

I am not for illegal immigration, but try seeing it from their perspective. Not only yours.

How about treating this case, as individual? Obviously, his grades should be taken into consideration. He sounds smarter, then half of the americans kids.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:13 PM

219 posts, read 425,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldirrty View Post
Why is that American's want to deport all the smart, ones and keep all the dumb ones?

It is true, some of the smart ones that make the headlines - such as this guy - are easier targets, it makes the feds job a lot easier, they didn't have to do any work to get this one. The dumb ones are still hiding in the shadows, never to be found.

But what I don't get is that the parents KNOW the consequences and yet they act like it will never catch up to them - it happens to all criminals all the time (just watch America's Most Wanted) they have kids, buy stuff and then totally freak out the day they get deported.

I have been to Mexico many times, my mom was born and raised there, she had a VERY hard life. She didn't ever want to get away bad enough to break the law though. She waited. There are some good people there, but you would never know by looking around at those that already here and feel they are owed all that my relatives fought for (on my Dad's side). Having someone in my life who was from there, hearing the stories of all that she went through makes me appreciate the fact that I was born here. BUT, this is a very special place we live. Can we let everyone who wants to come to America in? Because who doesn't? Do we have the resources? Do we have the room? Do we have the jobs? Maybe those are some of the reasons the laws were put in place, to control this. The people that are already here should take precedence over anyone else.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:23 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Quote:
How would you feel if you lived your life here, and made good grades then had to be deported to a country that you barely knew nothing about?

Law is law, true. All though, this person would contribute more to society then half of the american people that get out of high school.

See him as an asset, not as a criminal.

It makes sense, Bush WAS voted TWICE in office... lol lol lol

Try and be in his situation, of course. most people have it well. In a country they where born in. see it from his eyes, no say crap like "law is Law"

I am not for illegal immigration, but try seeing it from their perspective. Not only yours.

How about treating this case, as individual? Obviously, his grades should be taken into consideration. He sounds smarter, then half of the americans kids.
No Exceptions.
There are plenty of citizens in this country that have been and still are an asset to this country but are presently unemployed.

Why hasn't this person ever gone to Immigration Legalization to sign up to become a Citizen?
Was he just waiting for the taxpayers to pay for it?
And don't say that he's never had the opprotunity. He's been here long enough.

Old 06-14-2008, 11:47 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Quote:

Law is law, true.
And with those words it should end. All of the other stuff you wrote doesn't matter or have bearing. Law is law. Law is being broken, punishment comes next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration