U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-13-2008, 06:18 AM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Reputation: 2728

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
They may be but most support "amnesty" for illegal immigrants.. and that has been proven true in many polls.
No most Americans do NOT support amnesty-what poll are you looking at-one using members of LaRaza?

If most Americans support amnesty, then how come over the past 3 years, every time that congress has tried to push through amnesty-we Americans have overloaded the congress and white house phone lines, emails and voicemails and the cowards in congress have backed down from giving amnesty. If a majority of the voters were calling their senators and saying "oh please give these lawbreakers amnesty" then all of these recent attempts at amnesty would not have been defeated.


Nicolem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-13-2008, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have opined on in the past that the illegal immigrant menace may wind up shattering many of the last 'barriers' between Black and White Americans.
ITA! I witness it on a daily basis. Personally, I never thought in a million years I would become an activist fighting with right-wing Republicans. It's absolutely phenomenal. Then again, we are all Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2008, 08:47 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
ITA! I witness it on a daily basis. Personally, I never thought in a million years I would become an activist fighting with right-wing Republicans. It's absolutely phenomenal. Then again, we are all Americans.
Good point...and, when the day arrives that the "little green men" with their "zap guns" arrive from Venus to conquer us ALL, then you, me, and the illegals will PROBABLY suddenly find ourselves all 'working together'.

Until then, though?......probably not..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2008, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
good Point...and, When The Day Arrives That The "little Green Men" With Their "zap Guns" Arrive From Venus To Conquer Us All, Then You, Me, And The Illegals Will Probably Suddenly Find Ourselves All 'working Together'.

Until Then, Though?......probably Not..
Isn't that the truth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have opined on in the past that the illegal immigrant menace may wind up shattering many of the last 'barriers' between Black and White Americans.
That would be a benefit of illegal immigration then right?

I have said this too AZBear, plus by having illegals here Black and White Americans are almost forced to start working up the ladder and not settling for lower paying jobs.

White Americans can now turn their racial hatred onto Mexicans and other Hispanics who are the face of illegals in the media, thus giving Black people a break (YAY!).
If anything Blacks and Whites are benefited socially by having illegals here and have come together.

...The above doesn't sound pretty or PC, but they are bi-products of illegal immigration, if you want to be honest.

Last edited by Mach50; 06-13-2008 at 09:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2008, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
That would be a benefit of illegal immigration then right?

I have said this too AZBear, plus by having illegals here Black and White Americans are almost forced to start working up the ladder and not settling for lower paying jobs.

White Americans can now turn their racial hatred onto Mexicans and other Hispanics who are the face of illegals in the media, thus giving Black people a break (YAY!).
If anything Blacks and Whites are benefited socially by having illegals here and have come together.

...The above doesn't sound pretty or PC, but they are bi-products of illegal immigration, if you want to be honest.
And; the flip side may be growing de facto discrmination against anyone who looks stereotypically 'Hispanic' (Mestizo)...........which would be sad if the targets of same were innocent law abiding US citizens/green card holders be they 'Anglo' or 'Hispanic'. One thing I can guarantee is that many peopls with Latino sounding names will wind up changing them----------like Yours Truly did back in 1989 here in Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2008, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
ITA! I witness it on a daily basis. Personally, I never thought in a million years I would become an activist fighting with right-wing Republicans. It's absolutely phenomenal. Then again, we are all Americans.
I used to be a definite Liberal--------till those fools flying the Mexican flag at their ill advised illegal immigrants' 'rights' marches 2 years ago.

Remember too the requests/demands of Liberals 50 years ago; in particular the end of the Jim Crow laws, have been met (which I agreed with 100%)--------hence leaving the more extremist 'Libs' rudderless and wanting downright inane 'rights'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And; the flip side may be growing de facto discrmination against anyone who looks stereotypically 'Hispanic' (Mestizo)...........which would be sad if the targets of same were innocent law abiding US citizens/green card holders be they 'Anglo' or 'Hispanic'. One thing I can guarantee is that many peopls with Latino sounding names will wind up changing them----------like Yours Truly did back in 1989 here in Arizona.
Ignorance breeds.

It looks like it is the Hispanics turn in the long history of discrimination.

Indians
Italians
Irish
Asians
Jews
Black Americans congrats, you have graduated.
Next up on the discrimination platform: "Hispanics".

**cheers**

AzBear - Did you really change your surname because it sounded hispanic? I just can't understand that, what is this world coming to when you cannot even keep the name you have for fear of discrimination? That is taking assimilation a bit too far.

If my surname were Gonzalez...I would never change it, I would rather die.

Last edited by Mach50; 06-13-2008 at 11:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2008, 06:23 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Ignorance breeds.

It looks like it is the Hispanics turn in the long history of discrimination.

Indians
Italians
Irish
Asians
Jews
Black Americans congrats, you have graduated.
Next up on the discrimination platform: "Hispanics".

**cheers**

AzBear - Did you really change your surname because it sounded hispanic? I just can't understand that, what is this world coming to when you cannot even keep the name you have for fear of discrimination? That is taking assimilation a bit too far.

If my surname were Gonzalez...I would never change it, I would rather die.
And; repeat after me: legal immigrants are good, illegal immigrants.....bad------'Hispanic' or otherwise.

My bio surname is the same as an East Indian Islamist wanted by Interpol.

I had to chuckle at your choice of Gonzalez; there is a Swedish musician named 'Jose Gonzalez.....he was born/raised there while his parents were probably political refugees from Argentina 30 some years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2008, 06:33 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
Reputation: 47455
just when did we decide that writing our congressmen would stop illegal immigration?
to stop illegal immigration would require a labor movement. too many people don't wana work here so not guna happen. we done got lazy and spoiled and got way too much attitude. i know that hurts, are we still friends?

pdclipart.com
free clipart

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top