Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 01:19 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,395,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
He sure is entitled to his thoughts. I like the kid you know, but he just does not understand about life yet. Give him a few decades.
Yup! Opinions are like a-holes everyone has them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 01:40 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,247 times
I'll come back in 30 years Sammie, just wait for me!

I meant deporting illegal immigrants who are criminals not American Citizens, a previous poster misunderstood my statement.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:44 PM

I honestly don't believe I'm that young.

I've worked with illegal immigrants, and have spoken to many, and have lived on a sofa for awhile while attending work on a bus and having to walk a mile all with no vehicle. I live in a predominantly latino County, and feel as though I have had plenty of encounters with them. food for thought.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:08 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,744,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I honestly don't believe I'm that young.

I've worked with illegal immigrants, and have spoken to many, and have lived on a sofa for awhile while attending work on a bus and having to walk a mile all with no vehicle. I live in a predominantly latino County, and feel as though I have had plenty of encounters with them. food for thought.
I’ve slept in hotels, but that didn’t make me the owner or qualify me to run one.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:18 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
I'll come back in 30 years Sammie, just wait for me!

I meant deporting illegal immigrants who are criminals not American Citizens, a previous poster misunderstood my statement.
We do they just come back!!

Old 02-22-2007, 02:54 PM

RedNC

I didn't score too well on my SAT, figures into why I can't understand your analogy.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:53 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,744,264 times
Quote:
RedNC

I didn't score too well on my SAT, figures into why I can't understand your analogy.
That’s all right I was using some of your circular logic. What it means is there are more than one piece to a puzzle. Seeing on piece or half of the puzzle doesn’t give you the whole picture.
What you wrote, “I've worked with illegal immigrants, and have spoken to many, and have lived on a sofa for awhile while attending work on a bus and having to walk a mile all with no vehicle. I live in a predominantly latino County, and feel as though I have had plenty of encounters with them.”

Based on this experience you may feel you have a good understanding of the illegal immigration problem, but what you really have is a one sided view.

If you really wanted to understand the problem then you need to talk to the displaced workers that once held these jobs that are now held by illegals.

Only by doing this will you truly be able to understand the issue.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:13 PM

332 posts, read 449,203 times
Quote:
Are there Americans who are not honest and responsible with their actions?! Every race or group of people, has folks who are not law-abiding citizens or do not strive to be decent people.
We know Americans do all those things, but as Nea1 said, "WE DON'T NEED ANYMORE OF IT!"

Old 02-24-2007, 01:59 AM

18 posts, read 121,759 times
I would like to know where you live that public schools for children cost money upfront to enroll.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:49 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
The illegals do "jobs" that most Americans will not do for less money than what the few Americans ask for.

I found Maddox' stance on illegal immigration here: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=walmart
Maybe thats because they group up together, get free healthcare, and dont need to fill out applications or go to interviews. They wouldnt even benefit the as much as the illegal because they would be rejected at a dentist or a hospital. They wouldnt be able to find two other American families willing to share a house with them to make minimum wage either. Anyone who says that is wealthy or just looking for cheap labor. Why dont you find a statistic of how many of those illegals supposedly benefitting from these low paying jobs are actually able to get ahead after getting these jobs. Because if you arent paying decent wages then they dont have a chance to get ahead unless twenty of them split costs up. Im skeptical of anyone who says they do jobs Americans wont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration