U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-22-2007, 12:19 AM
 
Location: SF Valley, California
18 posts, read 113,634 times
Reputation: 24

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
I tend to think people who say "they do the work Americans won't do" is a closet racist, especially politicians, (John McCain) for suggesting we need a lower class to do the work. The government wanting to hold a particular lower class hostage due to illegal status.
There is nothing racist about stating what is obviously true. Many illegals do wind up having to work jobs that most Americans won't do. That is a factual observation. That does not mean it is fair or moral at all.

But it does demonstrate that illegals come here seeking to work for a better life. Unfortunately too many people in this country are too blind to see that aspect and assume all the "dirty immigrants" are really just too lazy to get things going in their own country.

That viewpoint is completely ignorant of the economic disability the poor have in Mexico. They have no say so in politics. They are starving. They have less education than the poor do in this country. Education in mexico is not free. ( I know this for a fact because I was born there and have been to school in Mexico and the United States) How can uneducated peasants fight the political regime of their nation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-22-2007, 01:10 AM
 
2,218 posts, read 4,887,329 times
Reputation: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanitorogelio View Post
They are starving. They have less education than the poor do in this country. Education in mexico is not free. ( I know this for a fact because I was born there and have been to school in Mexico and the United States) How can uneducated peasants fight the political regime of their nation?
I like this because you have to justify being born in Mexico after justifying that you are a Mexican in another thread.. Do you really think people wouldn't be able to 2 and 2 together?

And do I need to remind you of the poor workers in 3rd world countries that you buy your clothes from? They are poor and starving and have little or no education, yet they make your shirts, shoes, and pants. What about them? You keep forgetting about them? Why do you for get about them? Are they not important enough to be brought up constantly. I think I'll have to do that every time someone says "hardworking" or "poor" anymore in this part of the forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2007, 07:26 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanitorogelio View Post
There is nothing racist about stating what is obviously true. Many illegals do wind up having to work jobs that most Americans won't do. That is a factual observation. That does not mean it is fair or moral at all.

But it does demonstrate that illegals come here seeking to work for a better life. Unfortunately too many people in this country are too blind to see that aspect and assume all the "dirty immigrants" are really just too lazy to get things going in their own country.

That viewpoint is completely ignorant of the economic disability the poor have in Mexico. They have no say so in politics. They are starving. They have less education than the poor do in this country. Education in mexico is not free. ( I know this for a fact because I was born there and have been to school in Mexico and the United States) How can uneducated peasants fight the political regime of their nation?


Technically we pay for school with our tax dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2007, 09:21 AM
 
2,218 posts, read 4,887,329 times
Reputation: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Technically we pay for school with our tax dollars.
Not only do you do that where I live, but you also pay to go to school, then you pay even more to get books!


----

And remember if the Government doesn't know about you. How are they suppose to charge them taxes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2007, 10:02 AM
 
Location: SF Valley, California
18 posts, read 113,634 times
Reputation: 24
No, we pay for schools in a very negligable manner here. In Mexico they pay for taxes and then have to pay tuition to send their children to school after 6th grade. Also, books and supplies must be paid for by the student, throughout their entire academic careers (beginning even from kindergarden). Here, books are at least provided by the schools, even if its only temporary.

Thats a major difference from our schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2007, 10:06 AM
 
Location: SF Valley, California
18 posts, read 113,634 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroquoispliskin View Post
I like this because you have to justify being born in Mexico after justifying that you are a Mexican in another thread.. Do you really think people wouldn't be able to 2 and 2 together?
Im not sure I understand your argument. It looked like you changed into a completely different direction in your statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2007, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Texas!
332 posts, read 338,666 times
Reputation: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
You don't have time to learn Spanish because you're obviously preoccupied with ignoring lessons on proper grammar usage in your native language. I'm certain that would stop any foreign language learner.

And I think I've already pointed out your flawed logic that originates and is left behind in grade school-- he's (seemingly) not nice to me, why should I be nice to him?
Well why would I treat someone with respect who dosen't give a damn about me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2007, 10:35 AM
 
2,218 posts, read 4,887,329 times
Reputation: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanitorogelio View Post
No, we pay for schools in a very negligable manner here. In Mexico they pay for taxes and then have to pay tuition to send their children to school after 6th grade. Also, books and supplies must be paid for by the student, throughout their entire academic careers (beginning even from kindergarden). Here, books are at least provided by the schools, even if its only temporary.

Thats a major difference from our schools.
Not true where I live they charge you just as much. You pay it in taxes then you pay to go there. They call it "technology fees, upkeep fees" and after it's all said and done it costs about 600+ to go to school where I live. NOT including books. And you have to pay for books where i live through your entire schooling as well...

What was your argument again?

You do know that the each school system is different right? So you can't just say, oh you don't have to pay this or this. When in reality no school system is alike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2007, 10:35 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanitorogelio View Post
No, we pay for schools in a very negligable manner here. In Mexico they pay for taxes and then have to pay tuition to send their children to school after 6th grade. Also, books and supplies must be paid for by the student, throughout their entire academic careers (beginning even from kindergarden). Here, books are at least provided by the schools, even if its only temporary.

Thats a major difference from our schools.
Yet our programs for our kids are being cut to help pay for the ESl classes that 35 million a year here in AZ. Why is that? Why should our kids have over run classrooms, and programs being cut for people that dont belong here in the first place. To get a good education here you need to put your kids in private school Do you have any idea how much that costs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2007, 10:37 AM
 
2,218 posts, read 4,887,329 times
Reputation: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmann101 View Post
Well why would I treat someone with respect who dosen't give a damn about me?
Because according to the others, if you don't you're spewing forth racial hate and other things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top