U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 11:47 AM

1,735 posts, read 4,141,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanitorogelio View Post
No, we pay for schools in a very negligable manner here. In Mexico they pay for taxes and then have to pay tuition to send their children to school after 6th grade. Also, books and supplies must be paid for by the student, throughout their entire academic careers (beginning even from kindergarden). Here, books are at least provided by the schools, even if its only temporary.

Thats a major difference from our schools.
Thatís good to know.
From now on our schools should charge tuition for every Mexican child plus books and supplies, beginning in kindergarten.
That way the costs wont be passed on to US citizens and the Mexicans can have things just like they have in their country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 11:51 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,715,030 times
People complain the most about Mexican illegal aliens because they are by far the majority. The maybe 10 illegal aliens from Brunei simply do not have the same impact as the milliions from Mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanitorogelio View Post
There is nothing racist about stating what is obviously true. Many illegals do wind up having to work jobs that most Americans won't do. That is a factual observation. That does not mean it is fair or moral at all.
If this is a factual observaton, prove it. If illegals stayed in their own country then they would not have to end up working at these demeaning jobs.
Quote:
But it does demonstrate that illegals come here seeking to work for a better life.
Do you understand the concept of 'national borders' or 'immigration laws'? Where did you people get the idea that you are free to unlawfully enter the US, uninvited and unwanted? And then you have the audacity to complain about the reception you get. America is OUR country ,not yours. American citizens have the right, as a matter of fact the duty, to determine 1) who comes into our country 2) how many people come in. Explain to me how a Mexican woman who is 9 months pregnant and crosses the border illegally is coming ' here to seek work for a better life'? What job is she planning to apply for or is her motive something entirely different?
Quote:
Unfortunately too many people in this country are too blind to see that aspect and assume all the "dirty immigrants" are really just too lazy to get things going in their own country.
That viewpoint is completely ignorant of the economic disability the poor have in Mexico. They have no say so in politics. They are starving. They have less education than the poor do in this country. Education in mexico is not free. ( I know this for a fact because I was born there and have been to school in Mexico and the United States) How can uneducated peasants fight the political regime of their nation?
Do you think political revolution in any country has come about without sacrifice on the part of the people? My God, the Chinese faced down tanks in Tiananmen Square. It is just so much easier to sneak into the US and send your money back to Mexico while we support you. Clearly, you value your home country of Mexico very cheaply or you would be willing to fight for it.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:58 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,889,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
To get a good education here you need to put your kids in private school. Do you have any idea how much that costs?
Is it free? Apparently it is, because that's what they are saying. "School is paid for in a very negligible manner here." I know that they are probably talking about public schooling, but even that is wrong. They obviously don't know anything about a school system. Because every single one differentiates from another. If your school system says that you won't pay for books. That's great. I wish it was like that when I was in primary school. However, my parents got stuck RENTING books for my family since kindergarten on top of paying to go there. And that's public school! Each school system is different!

Old 02-22-2007, 01:06 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,852,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
This kind of logic is extremely unsettling.
To think that there are people like you that are able to justify breaking laws by saying that their needs are more important than abiding by the law is really unbelievable.
What kind of society will we be living in if everyone believed that laws don’t apply to them if their personal obligations or needs are more important?

REDNC,

When people are suffering in nations south of the United States, I believe this is more unsettling than having a "legalistic mindset," "if you cross our border to support yourself or your family you'll be targeted as a criminal and we desire you to have no American privileges and be deported. I understand you can't have a society with law breaking, but when you or others are in dire need I completely believe this is an exception. Haven't you heard the male in America, "I'll do whatever I need to, to support my family." They think in the same pattern lines, how can you blame someone for desiring a much better life. Americans should be more concerned about people living in slums and not having efficient basics that we are able to have, then "this is the law, this is the law." You have to take in account the personality responsiblity of an individual to take care of themselves and others. It's easy to sit on the sidelines when not in the game, and say how could you do that.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:10 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,705,804 times
You do know that all that come here are NOT honest and just looking for a better life right? Even you cannot be that blind.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...7/114208.shtml

sorry but crap like that CANNOT be ignored.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:13 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,705,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
REDNC,

When people are suffering in nations south of the United States, I believe this is more unsettling than having a "legalistic mindset," "if you cross our border to support yourself or your family you'll be targeted as a criminal and we desire you to have no American privileges and be deported. I understand you can't have a society with law breaking, but when you or others are in dire need I completely believe this is an exception. Haven't you heard the male in America, "I'll do whatever I need to, to support my family." They think in the same pattern lines, how can you blame someone for desiring a much better life. Americans should be more concerned about people living in slums and not having efficient basics that we are able to have, then "this is the law, this is the law." You have to take in account the personality responsiblity of an individual to take care of themselves and others. It's easy to sit on the sidelines when not in the game, and say how could you do that.

So because they come from a poor country they should be allowed to come here and break all sorts of laws? We punish our own citizens that break laws and never put the "oh they were poor and desperate" label on it and just let them go.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:16 PM

Quote:
REDNC,

People don't only suffer south of the border kid. As I told that other person, who is probably you as well. There are other 3rd world countries that have it just as bad, if not worse than Mexico. And I think it's unsettling that all you can say is what about them, well what about them? What about all the other 3rd world countries as well?

And think about others that could have taken that job to feed their families with? What about them? Now they don't get that job because someone else who is seen as more economically viable because they don't have to be paid as much. So what about the American who missed out on that 9 or 10 dollar an hour landscaping job? What about them? Now they have to work 2 minimum wage shifts at McDonald's to make just as much as that person who took the job from some deserving American.

If the illegals don't like that people here frown on coming here illegally. Deal with it. Life is tough. Suck it up and go deal with your own country. You can't make your country better by running away from your problems. Or better yet, you seem to know that their country is in huge despair, why don't you go down there and fix it?

Old 02-22-2007, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
You do know that all that come here are NOT honest and just looking for a better life right? Even you cannot be that blind.
Are there Americans who are not honest and responsible with their actions?! Every race or group of people, has folks who are not law-abiding citizens or do not strive to be decent people.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroquoispliskin View Post

1.People don't only suffer south of the border kid. As I told that other person, who is probably you as well. There are other 3rd world countries that have it just as bad, if not worse than Mexico. And I think it's unsettling that all you can say is what about them, well what about them? What about all the other 3rd world countries as well?

2.And think about others that could have taken that job to feed their families with? What about them? Now they don't get that job because someone else who is seen as more economically viable because they don't have to be paid as much. So what about the American who missed out on that 9 or 10 dollar an hour landscaping job? What about them? Now they have to work 2 minimum wage shifts at McDonald's to make just as much as that person who took the job from some deserving American.

3. If the illegals don't like that people here frown on coming here illegally. Deal with it. Life is tough. Suck it up and go deal with your own country. You can't make your country better by running away from your problems. Or better yet, you seem to know that their country is in huge despair, why don't you go down there and fix it?
1.lol. They would probably try to come here illegally as well. I will fetch photos if you'd like to prove Mexico's poverty and even Central and South America is not on the radar screen of America's low poverty ratio. I've been to Tijuana on many occasions, and trust me ghetto hoodlums from the pits of Washington D.C. would poo poo their pants in Tijuana.

2. The poor American shield or argument #1 folks from other countries. There are so many jobs for poor Americans. I could get a homeless guy hired in less than forty eight hours. There are plenty of decent paying jobs. You can easily sign up for a job agency and start in an office job at $10 an hour in California.

3. I don't see them on here whining. haha. When was the last time they were complaining on city-data.com. Running away from your countries problems? You can only elect officials into office when your poor, you have little power and little money.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:34 PM

Quote:
1.lol. They would probably try to come here illegally as well. I will fetch photos if you'd like to prove Mexico's poverty and even Central and South America is not on the radar screen of America's low poverty ratio. I've been to Tijuana on many occasions, and trust me ghetto hoodlums from the pits of Washington D.C. would poo poo their pants in Tijuana.

2. The poor American shield or argument #1 folks from other countries. There are so many jobs for poor Americans. I could get a homeless guy hired in less than forty eight hours. There are plenty of decent paying jobs. You can easily sign up for a job agency and start in an office job at $10 an hour in California.

3. I don't see them on here whining. haha. When was the last time they were complaining on city-data.com. Running away from your countries problems? You can only elect officials into office when your poor, you have little power and little money.
1. Good for you. I'm glad you have to money to flaunt in everyone else's face while you are enjoying your drink in a coconut. But that's still south of the border. Why don't you go to Africa, or Asia. Go to one of their sweatshops see how nice they have it or don't have it. Or for Africa, why don't you just try to live one day without being shot by someone.

2. Then why don't you? I mean if in fact you could get someone hired with no permanent address besides "The streets of LA" then by all means you think you are this wonderful person who can do anything and everything why don't you help your country instead of bickering how others have it so bad.

3. Don't tell me about little power or little money. I'm lower middle class bub. I do see them on here whining, just last night in fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration