U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 02-21-2007, 09:41 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,010 posts, read 11,792,963 times
Reputation: 2027
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
"Some disrespect...." , anyone being continously politically incorrect, is viewed less as a intelligent person and having more of an ignorant mindset.
Not true at all, it is someone that defends themself and others when needed. Called freedom of speech.

Political correctness was invented by people too scared to say what is needed sometimes and are afraid of being sued. it has it's time and place, it is just rewording as to not offend anyone, sometimes you just gotta say it.

ALL disrespect our laws when they cross over the border illegally.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-21-2007, 09:43 AM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,700 posts, read 4,350,462 times
Reputation: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Not true at all, it is someone that defends themself and others when needed. Called freedom of speech.

Political correctness was invented by people too scared to say what is needed sometimes and are afraid of being sued.

ALL disrespect our laws when they cross over the border illegally.
You can have freedom of speech without being politically correct. Well, it may have been invented by a wuss, but it's accepted worldwide. They disprect our law when they cross the border, cross out the plural. Some might disrespect our law, but some may feel a personal obligation to better support themselves or others around them.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2007, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,010 posts, read 11,792,963 times
Reputation: 2027
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
You can have freedom of speech without being politically correct. Well, it may have been invented by a wuss, but it's accepted worldwide. They disprect our law when they cross the border, cross out the plural. Some might disrespect our law, but some may feel a personal obligation to better support themselves or others around them.
People are tired of the BS and it cramps freedom of speech. When there is a threat of being sued because you say something others may not like, it shuts down freedom of speech, I should be able to say when I dont like something they way I want to say it. And whom I dont like. It should be up to me to word it the right way not an expectation, people dont like it too bad. Cant cross out the plural, they disrespect so many laws it is scary, it is bad enough our own do . And some in the USA feel a personal obligation to defend OUR rights in this country and our laws. Others may feel it is ok for some to stomp on us because they have some bad situation, but most dont. Being poor gives no one the right to take advantage of others.The poor citizens in this country deserve those services to fall back on when really needed, not a crutch for others as they see fit. No matter how you try to spin it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2007, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,010 posts, read 11,792,963 times
Reputation: 2027
Why stop at Mexico and South America? Lets bring all the really poor from Africa, China, Russia, and all the other countries here and let them feed off us, since they too are truely poor and we give it away anyway.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2007, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Orange County
354 posts, read 554,899 times
Reputation: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Do unto others. They disrespect us break our laws, so we should just bend over and take it!!!?? And again what is with the Hate being brought into it?. Why is it when you care about your home, country, kids , retirement , everything we have worked for it is seen as hate? " we dont like what you do, but go ahead and keep doing it" yea thats makes sense.
You can love our country, freedoms, rights, family, religion, and whatever else, but what good comes of you continually disrespecting an entire group of people? And not just calling INS whenever you see them on the corner, but sitting in a forum and complaining about their culture, their family values, and their work ethic? What does that solve? If anything, it stirs up those that already have negative prejudice within them and creates more animosity, more unwarranted hatred.

There is a difference between being against illegal immigration and the stance that many on this forum take. I feel that illegal immigration is a demeaning act because I come from a family of legal, recent immigrants. However, I don't feel it necessary to look down upon these people or go out of my way to berate them. It doesn't solve anything. Call the police, call INS, write your congressmen and senators, but don't reduce their existence to the level of livestock or parasites.

P.S. I don't know if you caught an earlier post of mine, but I suggested that it may do some posters well to befriend an illegal immigrant or two in order to get a glimpse into their point of view. You know, before you jump the gun to call INS.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2007, 10:22 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,010 posts, read 11,792,963 times
Reputation: 2027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
You can love our country, freedoms, rights, family, religion, and whatever else, but what good comes of you continually disrespecting an entire group of people? And not just calling INS whenever you see them on the corner, but sitting in a forum and complaining about their culture, their family values, and their work ethic? What does that solve? If anything, it stirs up those that already have negative prejudice within them and creates more animosity, more unwarranted hatred.

There is a difference between being against illegal immigration and the stance that many on this forum take. I feel that illegal immigration is a demeaning act because I come from a family of legal, recent immigrants. However, I don't feel it necessary to look down upon these people or go out of my way to berate them. It doesn't solve anything. Call the police, call INS, write your congressmen and senators, but don't reduce their existence to the level of livestock or parasites.

P.S. I don't know if you caught an earlier post of mine, but I suggested that it may do some posters well to befriend an illegal immigrant or two in order to get a glimpse into their point of view. You know, before you jump the gun to call INS.


name one derogatory name or term i have called them!! The worst i have said is Illegal, and they live in messy neighborhoods. thats it. Didyou read the post later of mine that says I work with them and talk to them, that they have given me their point of view already, not some good ones either? What post did I ever say I call INS? What did I say about their culture? And what good does it do them to continually disrepecting US? oh wait I already know the answer to that one. I have never called for herding them up and deporting them, that is others ,I never call them names or harrass them, like they do me.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2007, 10:24 AM
 
1,687 posts, read 2,855,366 times
Reputation: 1328
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
You can have freedom of speech without being politically correct. Well, it may have been invented by a wuss, but it's accepted worldwide. They disprect our law when they cross the border, cross out the plural. Some might disrespect our law, but some may feel a personal obligation to better support themselves or others around them.
I donít know about PC being accepted by anyone but the PC crowd. It has been forced on, but not accepted by rest.

The second part of your comment is intriguing. Based on what you wrote, your opinion is that some cross the border to disrespect (AKA break) our laws, but some just feel their personal needs are more important than our laws. And from a PC perspective thatís perfectly acceptable.
So lets take that logic and apply it to other scenarios.
Suppose that person that felt obligated to break our immigration laws also felt that steeling a car was also as important. Should we look the other way and do nothing? After all he needed the car.
What if he needed food and decided to steal some? After all he was just trying to feed himself.
What if he gets the urge and rapes someone? After all he was just satisfying his personal needs.
I could go on and on.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2007, 10:27 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,010 posts, read 11,792,963 times
Reputation: 2027
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
I donít know about PC being accepted by anyone but the PC crowd. It has been forced on, but not accepted by rest.

The second part of your comment is intriguing. Based on what you wrote, your opinion is that some cross the border to disrespect (AKA break) our laws, but some just feel their personal needs are more important than our laws. And from a PC perspective thatís perfectly acceptable.
So lets take that logic and apply it to other scenarios.
Suppose that person that felt obligated to break our immigration laws also felt that steeling a car was also as important. Should we look the other way and do nothing? After all he needed the car.
What if he needed food and decided to steal some? After all he was just trying to feed himself.
What if he gets the urge and rapes someone? After all he was just satisfying his personal needs.
I could go on and on.



Finally, Thank You!!!!!!!!! My point exactly.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2007, 10:27 AM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,700 posts, read 4,350,462 times
Reputation: 312
RedNC, very simple, when you need to support yourself and your family, you will take drastic measures to fulfill your obligation. This is not satisfying a personal need or desire as you stated, but rather a "must" responsiblity. You become less concerned about breaking the law, and more concerned about your personal responsibility as a human. Thank you for being respectful.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2007, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,010 posts, read 11,792,963 times
Reputation: 2027
So I take it if you need to feed your kids it is Ok to rob a bank or store then.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top