Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 08:56 AM

11 posts, read 38,634 times

Advertisements

The illegals are not taking the work away....blame the employer for hiring them. There are ways to tell if the green card is a forgery.

I'm in construction and I would hire ten Hispanics in a heartbeat over an American. They do the work - What is wrong is the pay they are receiving and the benifits they are not.

I have put Hispanics in the Carpenter's union in Cleveland, OH because the Carpenter's Union sent me men who only layed forms for concrete and had never ever did framing work. So to prove my point - one building was framed by the Hispanic crew and one building was framed by the American carpenters. The end result was....straight walls (Hispanic)that the drywallers could hang with ease to walls that waved (Americans).

Needless to say the Hispanic crews stayed with me and worked on three apartment jobs. Most have become American citizens and pay taxes just like you and me.

We are spoiled in the way we live. Not all countries afford the luxary of soap and water let alone a decent roof over their heads. Most Hispanics and other European nations grow up in crowed conditions and bring those habits to the US.

My beef is with the people who come to the states get a break in their taxes, open a business and after the 7 years time limit...sell their business to another family member, take the money they have earned and go back to their home country. That is where my prejudices are at...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2007, 09:06 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
We too are in construction and love being able to fire the illeglas ( got to do it yesterday!!) that take 10 daily breaks and sit around a chit chat with each other, if you hire illegals you need to go to jail and be fined. In our 20 years in business, I have met maybe 10 hispanics I would keep. They do take the jobs away, my husband was a framer making 9 dollars an hour and was laid off because some gawd damn illegals came in and did it for 4 dollars an hour most of his buddies were also laid off. We lost our business which then led to bankruptcy because we refused to hire illegals over americans, we could not compete with the ones that did that could charge less, didnt have to match payroll or WC. We have been in the industry in four states, same in everyone. I am not going to buy into that bleeding heart crap anymore.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:18 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,953,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candlebizlady View Post
The illegals are not taking the work away....blame the employer for hiring them. There are ways to tell if the green card is a forgery.

I'm in construction and I would hire ten Hispanics in a heartbeat over an American. They do the work - What is wrong is the pay they are receiving and the benifits they are not.

I have put Hispanics in the Carpenter's union in Cleveland, OH because the Carpenter's Union sent me men who only layed forms for concrete and had never ever did framing work. So to prove my point - one building was framed by the Hispanic crew and one building was framed by the American carpenters. The end result was....straight walls (Hispanic)that the drywallers could hang with ease to walls that waved (Americans).

Needless to say the Hispanic crews stayed with me and worked on three apartment jobs. Most have become American citizens and pay taxes just like you and me.

We are spoiled in the way we live. Not all countries afford the luxary of soap and water let alone a decent roof over their heads. Most Hispanics and other European nations grow up in crowed conditions and bring those habits to the US.

My beef is with the people who come to the states get a break in their taxes, open a business and after the 7 years time limit...sell their business to another family member, take the money they have earned and go back to their home country. That is where my prejudices are at...
Really... Are these Hispanics Illegals that you hired?

Old 01-11-2007, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Really... Are these Hispanics Illegals that you hired?
I am with you if they hired them I would report them!!!! Kept saying hispanics but then said americans, so I gather they were illegals.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:38 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,953,720 times
I am a Military DA Police Officer.. If I can get the poster to explain his/her post better.. I will make sure this forum hands over the info on that poster so the law can investigate them for breaking the law. Right now the way its worded is not quite enough for me to kick down the door and scream freeze. =)

Old 01-11-2007, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
I am a Military DA Police Officer.. If I can get the poster to explain his/her post better.. I will make sure this forum hands over the info on that poster so the law can investigate them for breaking the law. Right now the way its worded is not quite enough for me to kick down the door and scream freeze. =)
I know, they say Hispanics, then americas, I am assuming they mean illegals, but you never know. Thereis a difference between hispanics and illeglas, some of them are legal.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:45 AM

79 posts, read 286,013 times
i had a horrible construction experience bc my contractor used illegals. they messed up everything and were lazy to boot. i don't even blame the illegals, if i was working for peanuts i would be a bad worker too... like costanza from seinfeld, when he sleeps under his desk. the contractor was the one at fault. and i called ins but they wouldn't do anything.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:09 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,247 times
From what I have observed in California, Americans do not want the crud jobs illegals pick up? It's not THAT THEY CAN'T DO IT, it's NOBODY WANTS TO DO IT. Who wants eight hours of construction, field labor, cleaning homes, everyday, five days a week? Yes, scary smiley!

Old 01-11-2007, 04:14 PM

have you asked all californians that? Alot would if they were paid properly.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:19 PM

332 posts, read 449,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
From what I have observed in California, Americans do not want the crud jobs illegals pick up? It's not THAT THEY CAN'T DO IT, it's NOBODY WANTS TO DO IT. Who wants eight hours of construction, field labor, cleaning homes, everyday, five days a week? Yes, scary smiley!
Are you serious!?!

Your seriously going to judge all Americans just because some people in California dont necessarily want the jobs? I know many people who would love to get into construction, my mom cleans houses "6 DAYS A WEEK!" It's not that americans can't do it or don't want to do, but there not going to do for cheap like the illegals do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration