U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 03:21 AM

24,832 posts, read 28,845,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
In five years, 16,000 cases of multi-drug-resistant tuberculosis breached the Mexican border. In three years, 7,000 cases of leprosy (Hansenís Disease) arrived with immigrants from India, Brazil and the Caribbean. Tens of thousands of cases of hepatitis A transplanted into America. Another South American disease, affecting 14 million and killing 50,000 annually, Chagas Disease, a parasite that attacks the heart and other organs, invades U.S. borders in the bodies of the unchecked illegal aliens.
Yes, because these countries don't have the same healthcare as the United States... why do you think they want to live here?? Maybe this is a good argument for providing them with care, once they arrive - dont'cha think?? Obviously we can't check them at the border when they sneak across, but most will eventually end up at a clinic or doctor. This is actually why we have "mobile health units" (free or low-cost), like one that visits my community... some might not agree with that on principle, but it's better than the alternative! I'd rather not be exposed to disease, and this is one logical solution for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 07:35 AM

10,010 posts, read 12,268,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yes, because these countries don't have the same healthcare as the United States... why do you think they want to live here?? Maybe this is a good argument for providing them with care, once they arrive - dont'cha think?? Obviously we can't check them at the border when they sneak across, but most will eventually end up at a clinic or doctor. This is actually why we have "mobile health units" (free or low-cost), like one that visits my community... some might not agree with that on principle, but it's better than the alternative! I'd rather not be exposed to disease, and this is one logical solution for now.
How about keep them from coming in!!! The Irish yes they did have it easier, but they were checked!!!! Why should I have to pay for people that are commiting a crime coming here and do not belong here, and have to pay for my own families healthcare?!!! I am so tried of the excuses, they should be sent back over the border along with those that help them. (SO I guess that would be most of the government as well!)

Old 01-10-2007, 09:07 AM

1,148 posts, read 2,450,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
The two that killed the Trooper are part of a national drug ring, do you think they are legal?
I really don't care if they are legal or not. A trooper was killed and to use rdbeard5 phrase they should be "drawn and quartered"! Period.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:19 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,052,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
They probably are, since according to the articles I read, they're being held in US courts until their hearings... I'm no expert on the law, but I'm guessing they would otherwise be involving the Mexican government (and would've mentioned something in the articles). Are you suggesting that legal citizens don't participate in drug rings?

There's a little more behind the scenes here than what's been reported in the news. No I'm not suggesting that we don't have a problem with legal citizens and drugs at all, but where do these drugs come from? The answer is they are imported. The drug cartels have found an easy access for drug smuggling since it's so easy to enter this country thru Mexico.

We have a very large number of U.S. citizens involved in drug rings, mainly because they are worthless and useless as human beings and will not work an honest job for a living. We certainly don't need the illegals here adding to the problem and increasing crime. We have far too many police officers killed already, it's really sad and total disgusting to say the least that our sorry government allows scum from other countries to come here and commit crimes such as this. The bottom line is, if they weren't here they couldn't commit the crime.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:28 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,052,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noljos View Post
I really don't care if they are legal or not. A trooper was killed and to use rdbeard5 phrase they should be "drawn and quartered"! Period.

Maybe I read your post wrong...I don't know. I thought you may be giving these two murders the benefit of the doubt.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:51 PM

140 posts, read 12,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue1 View Post
Saturday night a 24 year old trooper was killed on a traffic stop. By two teenage
Hispanics from Texas. Not known if they are illegal yet. They were thought to be transporting drugs. They were caught within hours of the shooting. A few weeks ago a family in Nashville was killed by a drunk illegal in a traffic accident. Who had I think four DUI's. Also in Nashville a young pregnant woman was shot five times by illegals who thought they had hit her in a traffic accident.
Two words: lethal injection!

Old 10-21-2007, 01:55 PM

1,392 posts, read 1,876,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsmith View Post
Two words: lethal injection!
Agree, but you have heard that G.W. Bush wants that stopped when in comes to Mexican citizens,....

Old 10-21-2007, 02:24 PM

140 posts, read 12,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Agree, but you have heard that G.W. Bush wants that stopped when in comes to Mexican citizens,....
I hadn't heard that, but it doesn't surprise me.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:32 PM

21,157 posts, read 26,694,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
I think there are a reported 3,000 Irish illegals in this country now...
And; ironically enough, 'racism' works in the favor of most illegal Irish here today------as one lady stated, I am a blonde haired and blue eyed English speaker------ICE does not even give me a second glance.

Besides: Ireland today so bloody wealthy ($43K per capita); why even bother living in the USA except for maybe the weather in our Sunbelt?

The Emerald Isle is gorgeous from what I have heard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration