Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 02:09 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nctarheel View Post

Anyone ever think about how many diseases illegals carry?
They may have poor medical services in their country, but this sounds like a diary of John Rolfe.(not modern-day thinking)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2007, 02:13 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
They may have poor medical services in their country, but this sounds like a diary of John Rolfe.(not modern-day thinking)

In five years, 16,000 cases of multi-drug-resistant tuberculosis breached the Mexican border. In three years, 7,000 cases of leprosy (Hansen’s Disease) arrived with immigrants from India, Brazil and the Caribbean. Tens of thousands of cases of hepatitis A transplanted into America. Another South American disease, affecting 14 million and killing 50,000 annually, Chagas Disease, a parasite that attacks the heart and other organs, invades U.S. borders in the bodies of the unchecked illegal aliens.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:19 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
In five years, 16,000 cases of multi-drug-resistant tuberculosis breached the Mexican border. In three years, 7,000 cases of leprosy (Hansen’s Disease) arrived with immigrants from India, Brazil and the Caribbean. Tens of thousands of cases of hepatitis A transplanted into America. Another South American disease, affecting 14 million and killing 50,000 annually, Chagas Disease, a parasite that attacks the heart and other organs, invades U.S. borders in the bodies of the unchecked illegal aliens.
I work in the Healthcare industry and know this is true. However, most cases of the multi-drug-resistant tuberculosis are due to Chinese illegals, at least in New York. Regardless, it is scary!

Old 01-09-2007, 02:22 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noljos View Post
I work in the Healthcare industry and know this is true. However, most cases of the multi-drug-resistant tuberculosis are due to Chinese illegals, at least in New York. Regardless, it is scary!
I found an article saying that AZ, where I live has double the cases of TB due to the illegals and that the border towns have really big issues.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:42 PM

569 posts, read 1,229,218 times
I could care less who killed Trooper Jenks! The point is, another Law Enforcement Officer has died in the line of duty! Legal or illegal, they need to be "drawn and quartered"!

Rest in peace, brother!

http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=18654 (broken link)

Old 01-10-2007, 01:55 AM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noljos View Post
There are over 50,000 illegal Irish in the United States in addition to millions of other "white" illegals. But you would never know reading these threads. According to the first poster, he/she doesn't even know if the "Hispanics" that commited the crime are illegal or not, but still felt compelled to post it. And most likely that wouldn't make a difference to this person. Most of you are going to respond that you are against ILLEGALS of whichever race or color. Maybe some of you.

The two that killed the Trooper are part of a national drug ring, do you think they are legal?

Old 01-10-2007, 02:04 AM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdbeard5 View Post
I could care less who killed Trooper Jenks! The point is, another Law Enforcement Officer has died in the line of duty! Legal or illegal, they need to be "drawn and quartered"!

Rest in peace, brother!

I agree, when a Brother gets killed I take it damn personal myself. There's been law enforcement in my family since the 1950's.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:04 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Well of course they tried they were starving to death!!! Many had to try to sneak they couldnt afford to pay the fee to the captians.
Oh, but it's not okay when Mexicans are starving to death? That just seems like a hypocritical statement, unless I'm misunderstanding you (if so, I apologize). And as it was mentioned on other threads, coming through Ellis island was MUCH easier... all you needed was "the right color skin & proof you didn't have smallpox" - sorry, I don't remember who said that, or I'd give you credit. Not to mention, the Irish have an ocean in the way, so there are fewer options on how to get here.

Anyway, I do feel that many of you are unable to see the parallels here... which is why some of us believe these posts to be unfairly biased - otherwise you'd be able to understand the similarities between immigrants from all countries.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdbeard5 View Post

Rest in peace, brother!

Amen. We need to focus on the officer, and the individuals who killed him... this should not be a race issue!!

Old 01-10-2007, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
The two that killed the Trooper are part of a national drug ring, do you think they are legal?
They probably are, since according to the articles I read, they're being held in US courts until their hearings... I'm no expert on the law, but I'm guessing they would otherwise be involving the Mexican government (and would've mentioned something in the articles). Are you suggesting that legal citizens don't participate in drug rings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration