U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 05:33 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,382,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Just a little FYI...

Those we know as Native Americans in the Americas and Canada immigrated from elsewhere approximately 15,000 years ago. If your definition of indigenous precludes those whose ancestors have not always been here, then there are no indigenous people anywhere in the world, except for Africa.

Additionally, if your line of argument is that those illegal immigrants from south of the border aren't actually illegal because they share both Native and European blood, then your case fails. Many modern day Americans can make the same claim. That "Go Back to Europe" mentality is idiotic. If Americans of European descent need to go back to Europe, then so does about 90% of Mexico's population. A large percentage, about 80% are Mestizo--Spanish and Mesoamerican, and the rest of that 90% are of pure European descent. Only about 10% of Mexico's population is of true aboriginal descent.

I am in serious doubt as to who actually needs a history education here.

Everybody's ancestors came from somewhere else. Personally, I was born in the United States. I am indigenous to this country, period.

Thank you very much in a very good posting. I sincerely agree with what you have said here. Most of those i know, there ancestors of course came from another Country, just the way it is.But i too was born in the U.S. and i am very indigenous to this Country. Good wording also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I don't know exactly what sort of work you think that YOU'RE too good to do...I've never had the need to hire an illegal alien to do ANYTHING for me--I don't believe in slave labor myself, nor do I feel the need to condone its existence by pretending that illegal aliens have always been around to do those so-called jobs YOU think that no one else wants to do.

I hate to be the one to break it to you Sparky, but as long as Homo sapien sapien has been migrating out of Africa and across the world, cultures have been divided into conquerors and the conquered. The history of the United States differs not a whit from any other civilization. I rather doubt that the Anglo-Saxons were overly excited by the Norman conquest in 1066--yet had the Normans never come to what is now modern day England, we here in this country would likely be speaking some sort of Germanic language now.

Had Spain and France, under the command of the Duke of Medina Sidonia in 1588, succeeded in their intent to overthrow Elizabeth I of England, (the Spanish Armada) America would have been under the control of France and Spain, rather than England. Unfortunately, the Native Americans would not have fared any better under them either. The Spanish were notoriously cruel to a fault to Native Americans in the Americas.

History is rife with examples of those who have conquered and the civilizations who have been conquered. The United States is neither the first, nor will it be the last, to mistreat and/or annihilate aboriginal people in order to gain land and control of resources. Surprisingly enough, you'll find that once you move on to secondary education, i.e.; college, history does not shy away from truth of the beginnings of colonialism and Manifest Destiny.

Yet I am always amused by those who believe that America was some sort of idyllic paradise--one people--working together--building some sort of peaceful co-existence before the big bad colonists appeared. Not so. There were wars over resources and lands, slaves were taken, enemies tortured and killed--this was no Eden before the arrival of Europeans.

However, I doubt that there are any textbooks in print which attribute the drastic reduction in First Nation's people as "the misterious dissapearance".

Regardless, history neither condones nor excuses the influx of millions of people into this country illegally. Either the United States of America is a sovereign country with a duty and a right to determine who we allow into the country and under what circumstances, or we give ourselves over to anarchy and open our borders wide open to whomever wishes to come here.

Apparently, you prefer the latter to the former.

Thank you so much i agree with you and this post, cause this is how i think. I am glad you feel this way. I enjoyed actually reading your views, and very good wording. Open ourselves to Anarchy, and open our borders wide open, and say whomever come right in, i don't think so. I don't care who you are or where you come from if you are in ths Country illegally, go home!

Old 02-06-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Bottom line: the USA is a sovereign nation and we have the right to control our borders.

Just accept the fact the party is over for illegal aliens and they need to return home or else (within the law). In this recession we certainly do not need those losers since even low paying BS jobs are looking good to unemployed Americans.

Who cares about what happened 500 years ago? I certainly do not except for historical curiousity. The past is the past. It cannot be changed. Besides; that Aztecs (ancestors of many of today's Mexicans) did not range as far north as our present Southwest till the White Hispanics came along.

Thank you ArizonaBear, i so agree with you, We most certainly have all the right in the world, to control OUR OWN BORDERS! I care bout the now, not our past or what took place 500 years ago. Some one seems to be the postchild for illegals!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration