U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your party and stance on illegal immigration?
I am a Democrat, and I am FOR illegal immigrant rights 3 4.62%
I am a Democrat, and I am AGAINST illegal immigrant rights 9 13.85%
I am a Republican, and I am FOR illegal immigrant rights 2 3.08%
I am a Republican, and I am AGAINST illegal immigrant rights 20 30.77%
I am an Other, and I am FOR illegal immigrant rights 1 1.54%
I am an Other, and I am AGAINST illegal immigrant rights 29 44.62%
Other/No Opinion 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 12:05 AM

3,133 posts, read 8,139,966 times

Advertisements

Republican. Stop all immigration. Round up the illegals and throw them out. No more until it can be controlled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 12:19 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,392,137 times
moderate conservative---- but mexican people are here because employers want them here.
employers view us as lazy and with lots of attitude. from what i have seen this is not a wild accusation. if you want to keep our future stop writing your congressmen and get jr to get off the couch get a trade, & go get involved in a labor movement

pdclipart.com
free clipart

labor unite

Old 06-16-2008, 12:31 AM

3,172 posts, read 5,993,791 times
its not as black and white as a)being for illegal immigrants and b)being against illegal immigrants.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:09 AM

7,731 posts, read 11,942,361 times
Republican and against.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:50 AM

13,043 posts, read 21,154,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
its not as black and white as a)being for illegal immigrants and b)being against illegal immigrants.
Care to expound on this pearl of your wisdom?

Old 06-16-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Care to expound on this pearl of your wisdom?
Care to stop being rude in the way you phrase every comment you've ever made on this forum?
You come off as being a really bitter person. Just saying.

Anyways, I meant that the whole debate of illegal immigration is more complex than wanting them here, or not wanting them here.

As in many who are against illegal immigration aren't necessarily just "against" illegal immigrants,
and those who aren't against illegal immigrants, arent necessarily "for" illegal immigration.

No one's going to come out and say "liberal, for illegal immigration!".

This post is just another circle jerk for everyone who has the same opinion, much like many of Oxcepos posts. Of course youre going to hear a chorus of "Against illegal immigration! high five!"

Not everyone who disagrees with people like you are "for" illegal immigration.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:00 PM

3,194 posts, read 2,864,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
moderate conservative---- but mexican people are here because employers want them here.
employers view us as lazy and with lots of attitude. from what i have seen this is not a wild accusation. if you want to keep our future stop writing your congressmen and get jr to get off the couch get a trade, & go get involved in a labor movement

pdclipart.com
free clipart

labor unite

Laziness and attitude are not the real contributing factors here. The real reason is pay, and anyone who actually works with or around them would know that. The average Mexican worker gets paid 15 to 30% less than American citizens and they don't complain because in their case it is tax-free money. Americans are willing to work, but not for peanuts. We want to be paid a fair wage for our work and fair wages is not what these employers are about. Saying we are lazy is just a cop out. There are lazy people of all kinds in this world. And attitudes run all around as well. Pay is the real contributing factor here folks.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:06 PM

602 posts, read 1,734,884 times
Libertarian, although I vote Republican most of the time as it's a more viable option. I'm AGAINST any and all illegal immigration; allowing it is a slap in the face to those who came here legally, and a dangerous precedent to set, socially and fiscally.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Laziness and attitude are not the real contributing factors here. The real reason is pay, and anyone who actually works with or around them would know that. The average Mexican worker gets paid 15 to 30% less than American citizens and they don't complain because in their case it is tax-free money. Americans are willing to work, but not for peanuts. We want to be paid a fair wage for our work and fair wages is not what these employers are about. Saying we are lazy is just a cop out. There are lazy people of all kinds in this world. And attitudes run all around as well. Pay is the real contributing factor here folks.
I will say that us as Americans are very priviliged, and heading towards becoming a mainly white collar society.

If your losing your jobs to people who can't speak English, or don't have any skills, it's time to catch up with the rest of the country.

To have any kind of security in this country, one has to get some kind of higher education. Whether it's college, a tech school, or a trade school, you got to get some skill. Othewise, youre useless and expendable. If the illegal immigrants don't get your job, then you risk getting layed off when your employer moves the factory to China or South America.

Saying this, I probably sound like some upper crust white dude going to business school or something. But I'm Mexican-American out of the slums. It is what it is.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:59 PM

59 posts, read 194,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
What party are you a part of and what is your stance on illegal immigration.
Build a wall deport them all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or