U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your party and stance on illegal immigration?
I am a Democrat, and I am FOR illegal immigrant rights 3 4.62%
I am a Democrat, and I am AGAINST illegal immigrant rights 9 13.85%
I am a Republican, and I am FOR illegal immigrant rights 2 3.08%
I am a Republican, and I am AGAINST illegal immigrant rights 20 30.77%
I am an Other, and I am FOR illegal immigrant rights 1 1.54%
I am an Other, and I am AGAINST illegal immigrant rights 29 44.62%
Other/No Opinion 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 03:59 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I will say that us as Americans are very priviliged, and heading towards becoming a mainly white collar society.

If your losing your jobs to people who can't speak English, or don't have any skills, it's time to catch up with the rest of the country.

To have any kind of security in this country, one has to get some kind of higher education. Whether it's college, a tech school, or a trade school, you got to get some skill. Othewise, youre useless and expendable. If the illegal immigrants don't get your job, then you risk getting layed off when your employer moves the factory to China or South America.

Saying this, I probably sound like some upper crust white dude going to business school or something. But I'm Mexican-American out of the slums. It is what it is.
Guess what:

If our society becomes so 'soft' that we need illegal immigrant 'handmaidens' to dress us, etc.----------then we as a people are setting ourselves up for conquest by a stronger nation.

It is good for us to have many of our people 'work with our hands'; besides, a skilled tradesman can make as $$$ as a typical Yuppie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 07:54 PM

251 posts, read 792,429 times
Social Nationalist/Against

Old 06-16-2008, 10:56 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Guess what:

If our society becomes so 'soft' that we need illegal immigrant 'handmaidens' to dress us, etc.----------then we as a people are setting ourselves up for conquest by a stronger nation.

It is good for us to have many of our people 'work with our hands'; besides, a skilled tradesman can make as $$$ as a typical Yuppie
I didnt make the rules. It is what it is.

America's corporations are not making it friendly for Americans who can "work with thier hands".

And like I said, skills or school. Yeah, a skilled tradesman can make it. Thats what I'm saying.

But an unskilled laborer?

Old 06-16-2008, 11:41 PM

1 posts, read 760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
I agree. But clearly the Democratic party is the amnesty party, forget Rhino Mcshame. The majority of the rank and file Democratic party aren't too concerned about an amnesty. Even with blue dog Democrats, illegal immigration isn't their top issue.
Hi, I'm new and I don't mean to be rude but this is purely wrong.

I don't believe you can really target just one party for the "amnesty" thing. Reagan is the ONLY American President to give amnesty to illegal aliens (2 million of them), GW Bush tried it with 10 million. To this date not a single dem has been so bold. I'm in no way saying they don't want it, they just haven't done it.

Old 06-18-2008, 02:59 PM

8,161 posts, read 9,365,591 times
Independent. Against illegal immigration, amnesty, etc etc.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:26 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Independent/Against.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:29 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,397,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Cheze View Post
Hi, I'm new and I don't mean to be rude but this is purely wrong.

I don't believe you can really target just one party for the "amnesty" thing. Reagan is the ONLY American President to give amnesty to illegal aliens (2 million of them), GW Bush tried it with 10 million. To this date not a single dem has been so bold. I'm in no way saying they don't want it, they just haven't done it.
I'm talking about the current political climate in Washington. Republican and Democratic politicians have gradually woken up to the fact if these 20 plus million illegal Mexican scabs are given amnesty, the vast majority of them will become DEMOCRATS. Therefore, the majority of Republican politicians are fighting illegal immigration and amnesty and the majority of Democratic politicians are fighting the Republicans fighting illegal immigration and amnesty. The demographic of being poor, uneducated, can't speak English, wanting to go on the government teat, is that of a Democrat, certainly not a Republican.

Since the vast majortiy of these illegal Mexican scabs would become Democrats, if amnestied, this would give the Democrats an overwhelming numerical edge such that it would be hard for a Republican to ever win an election again, even though it subverted the American electoral process and ruined the country.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:46 PM

521 posts, read 1,459,935 times
I voted as Republican which was a mistake I guess.
But Im independant that leans to the right. For illegal immigrant rights.
Hey, we enticed them to come over for decades, if not an entire century. Benefited from their extremely cheap labor. And now want to throw them back out?! That makes alot of sense [sarcasm omitted].

Im all up for protecting our borders and trying to keep them away. Im up for deportation for those that break criminal law. Im even up for some kind of requirements to learn basic english in order to stay. But the ones that are already here should be allowed to stay. Theyve worked their asses off as much as any one else. Its fine If you dont want to give them citizenship, but they should receive some kind of legal status to continue to live here and work legally.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:12 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,397,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
Hey, we enticed them to come over for decades, if not an entire century. Benefited from their extremely cheap labor. And now want to throw them back out?! That makes alot of sense [sarcasm omitted].

Im all up for protecting our borders and trying to keep them away. Im up for deportation for those that break criminal law. Im even up for some kind of requirements to learn basic english in order to stay. But the ones that are already here should be allowed to stay. Theyve worked their asses off as much as any one else. Its fine If you dont want to give them citizenship, but they should receive some kind of legal status to continue to live here and work legally.
One can only wonder what your REAL agenda is. But granting legal status to 20 plus illegal mostly Mexican scabs is absurd. They couldn't ever be deported then could they? Keep the 20 plus illegal mostly Mexican scabs here until a Democratically controlled Congress and WH can grant them amnesty, for their votes, in a heartbeat? Wouldn't all 20 plus million illegal mostly Mexican scabs qualify for welfare? Would that bankrupt welfare as we know it?

20 plus illegal mostly Mexican scabs suddenly legal wouldn't want to work anymore for what illegals work for. The scumbag employers of illegals, the reason why all the illegals are here in the first place, still want the so called cheap subsidized labor, so we can expects a whole new wave of illegal mostly Mexican scabs breaking in to get one of those newly vacated jobs by the newly legalized mostly Mexican scabs. Don't stand near the border lest you get trampled.

So we, not only haven't solved the illegal immigration problem, we've made it worse.

To solve the illegal Mexican invasion problem, clearly, passing tough on the employers of illegals sanction laws would do the job. Just like in Arizona and Oklahoma their tough on the employers of illegals sanctions law produced a MASS EXODUS of illegals from those states.

What other solution has produced a MASS EXODUS of illegals?

Old 06-24-2008, 08:33 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post

Speaking for myself: I have not benefitted from the presence of the above lawbreakers.

Employer sanctions laws, close/lock the southern border (where most of the illegals cross), seizure of their assets, and do away with the Anchor Baby law (grandfathering in US born kids as citizens-----but, no new 'birthright' citizenship for new births to people if both parents are illegals).

I do not care if the illegals are brown Spanish speaking Mestizos or Nordic White Scandinavians-------I want 'em all gone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or