U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 05:02 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Fidel Castro is also white. Pancho Villa was probably classified as white back in those times, there wasn't a "hispanic" race until recently. Back then there were 3 races, Negro, Caucasian, Mongoloid so if Pancho Villa would have had to check a box, he would have checked Caucasian.

Hispanic as a separate race didn't happen until the 70's, so now he would have to check that box.
Interesting for the date of the topic there are still active posters, including this response...

There still are only three races to humanity...

Old 08-24-2011, 06:15 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,237,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriado View Post
Roughly put, yet perfectly said. If there is one recurring historical theme concerning the interaction of European-descent caucasian supremacists with other members of the societies that they have lived in, it's the development of a culture of exclusion, subhumanization and exploitation of the first upon the second if they are allowed to nurture it. Refer to the genocide of the Southern Native Americans by the Post-Colombian Spanish colonists during the 1500s, the forceful appropriation of the Northern Native American homeland during the 1800s under the pretext of "Manifest Destiny, the illegal overthrow of the Hawaian sovereignty in 1893, the imposition of military dictatorship and second-class citizenship on Puerto Ricans for 49 years, the forced colonization and oppression of Indochina by the French from the 1800s until 1954, the slave trade in the Americas, the extermination of the Jews in Fascist Germany, the obdurate dominion of India by the British until Gandhi in 1947, Jim Crow politics in the Southern U.S. the placement and support of dictatorial regimes in Latin America by U.S. "Intelligence" agencies from the 1950s to the 1990s, Apartheid in South Africa and many other historical examples. Eurocaucasian-dominated governments have earned the mistrust of their minorities and many other nations of different ethnicities worldwide until they learn to govern by the very basics of fairness and respect.
Man. You forget the Aztecs: they didnt play nice with other Indians. An Aztecs aint white.

You forgot bout the Japanese: they aint white but can run with the big dogs.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:23 AM

1,574 posts, read 788,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Illegal aliens are only protected by the Equal Protection and Due Process Clauses of the 14th Amendment, the 6th Amendment if they are charged with an infamous crime, and the Due Process Clause of the 5th Amendment.

As per your assumed link:
Yick Wo was an EPC case
Wong Wing 5th and 6th Amendment cases
Plyler Vs Doe was an EPC case
You realize that link is not exhaustive, right?

Old 08-25-2011, 08:48 AM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
You realize that link is not exhaustive, right?
You realize that once an illegal alien is identified as an illegal alien, it pretty much is exhausted, right? We don't know that a person is an illegal alien until they are identified as one.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:31 AM

387 posts, read 510,755 times
Quote:
Illegal aliens are only protected by the Equal Protection and Due Process Clauses of the 14th Amendment, the 6th Amendment if they are charged with an infamous crime, and the Due Process Clause of the 5th Amendment.

Yick Wo was an EPC case
You want me to quote every case law from US Supreme Court applicable to immigrants
Except right to own a gun, vote in elections and job with Federal Govt
Immigrants, legal or otherwise, are subject to laws of US Constitution.
Otherwise, in criminal cases there would be no miranda or right to a jury trial or search of property without a warrant for immigrants, legal or otherwise

Old 08-25-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrs99 View Post
You want me to quote every case law from US Supreme Court applicable to immigrants No, only the ones applicable to illegal aliens. I would suggest also looking to the BIA for your info.
Except right to own a gun, vote in elections and job with Federal Govt
Immigrants, legal or otherwise, are subject to laws of US Constitution.
Otherwise, in criminal cases there would be no miranda or right to a jury trial or search of property without a warrant for immigrants, legal or otherwise
1) You confuse an "immigrant" with an "illegal alien", 2 totally different classifications.
2) Criminal cases fall under the 6th Amendment which I already pointed out, "charged with an infamous crime" (civil and criminal law).
3) The US Constitution is the Law of the land, but what it does is protect persons as defined from the context of classification. A citizen has full US Constitutional protections, an immigrant has limited Constitutional protections, while an illegal alien has even fewer Constitutional protections (EPC & DPC 14th, DPC 5th).

Old 08-26-2011, 01:13 AM

387 posts, read 510,755 times
Quote:
1) You confuse an "immigrant" with an "illegal alien", 2 totally different classifications.
2) Criminal cases fall under the 6th Amendment which I already pointed out, "charged with an infamous crime" (civil and criminal law).
3) The US Constitution is the Law of the land, but what it does is protect persons as defined from the context of classification. A citizen has full US Constitutional protections, an immigrant has limited Constitutional protections, while an illegal alien has even fewer Constitutional protections (EPC & DPC 14th, DPC 5th).
Show me a case from US Supreme Court where it distinguishes between legal and illegal immigrants Both are provided the same protection under US Constitution

Old 08-26-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Show me a case from US Supreme Court where it distinguishes between legal and illegal immigrants Both are provided the same protection under US Constitution
The recent Hazelton case comes to mind.
Supreme Court Rules Illegal Immigrants Ineligible to Receive Back Pay.
Do I need to continue?

Old 08-26-2011, 09:37 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
The recent Hazelton case comes to mind.
Supreme Court Rules Illegal Immigrants Ineligible to Receive Back Pay.
Do I need to continue?
Hazelton is about 60 miles from where I live. They made great progress and the illegal population has been greatly reduced. Contrary to what many might believe the city didnt collapse into chaos because they lost their cheap undocumented labor.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:52 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,097,724 times
Quote:
Illegals are not citizens.

The constitution was not made for citizens of Mexico or Iraq.

Quote:

Yick Wo was an EPC case

& they are still not citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Im not really trying to put the blame on anyone. Im just observing what has happened in a historical context.
I dont think so called "balkanization" will happen in the u.s.

Most of us want to be here. People fighting for rights for their group because they feel their group has been neglected isnt the same as seceding(please don't give credibility to the reconquista nutjobs).

The Balkans didn't want to be a country. So they fight each other.

But those are two different things in my opinion. I dont think anyone can deny that colonization has had a negative effect on some nations.
All aspects of non assimilation & continuous illegal immigration usually breaks up a country geographically.

Last edited by Yac; 07-11-2012 at 12:57 AM.. Reason: 3 posts in a row merged
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or