U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 03:13 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,657,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
People who come here from Mexico deserve civil rights...in Mexico. They haven't earned them here.

If Mexico has a civil rights problem, its residents need to fix it there, not just decide to barge in somewhere that civil rights are already offered to our citizens.

Unless of course they go through the effort to apply for citizenship in the new country, which I and most of us, would find perfectly acceptable and welcome them once they have gained their legal residency!
Once again, as someone once said, (can't recall just who) "If Mexico suddenly, tomorrow morning, found itself not next door the the United States, but next door to China, Russia, or India, it would either descend rapidly into violent, bloody revolution, or would simply be forced to 'clean up its act' "....it would have no other option.

Mexico is an "negligent parent" to its poor. THe US is Mexico's 'enabler'....

Old 06-16-2008, 12:35 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,013,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Disclaimer/barbed sarcasm here:

Yet brown skinned 'White' people (ergo Arabs, Iranians, Italians, Germans, etc) do not count as 'oppressed' minorities?
Give me a break, Azbear.

Old 06-16-2008, 03:10 AM

18 posts, read 44,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
civil rights was for all people, martin luther king said so.
just when did it become the exclusive property of one people.
i will tell you when, it was when white civil rights leaders were expelled
from the movement.
i have a dream.

pdclipart.com
free clipart
Right on. I dont know who all these coconuts are who are all like it matters and all, cause it dont, cause its just more racists tryin to oppress the people of color of the world like they always be doin. Dont let nobody say anything else cause they know its true. The KKK is alive and well and they the same ones who gonna try to make obama lose. its time the people of color took the U.S. because its time for change.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:41 AM

384 posts, read 1,579,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ▒etrdsg43¨ View Post
Right on. I dont know who all these coconuts are who are all like it matters and all, cause it dont, cause its just more racists tryin to oppress the people of color of the world like they always be doin. Dont let nobody say anything else cause they know its true. The KKK is alive and well and they the same ones who gonna try to make obama lose. its time the people of color took the U.S. because its time for change.
Wow Coconuts huh? A term used by many African-Americans to describe blacks from another country (Mostly from the Caribbean Islands). It's a derogatory word, an offensive one that makes me really wonder when this nonsense will stop with the name callings and degrading of other races/cultures. It just goes to show me how much racism and prejudice still exists in a country that claims to embrace diversity.

Just because a person is here illegally does not mean that their "Civil Rights" are stripped and therefore should be violated. For those who are oppose of Civil rights for illegal immigrants are opposed of man, woman and children being treated fairly in this country. There will be a day when Americans will be at the bottom end of the totem pole and all this arrogance will one day come back and bite us in the rare end.

There is so much prejudice in this forum that the stench is more offensive than that of a cesspool. As I read each post, it reminds me that there are people still out there that although claim not to be prejudice, are indeed more prejudice than they profess to be.

Illegal immigration in this country goes way back from the days of the mayflower. Man has always tried to cross the seas to make a better life for themselves, and though there are now laws and rules and regulations against such invasion, the fact remains that the same purposes that the Pilgrims came over to the United States remains the same reason why others are trying to come to the United States. Just as there are many Americans crossing the borders looking for a better quality of live in other countries such as Canada. There will never be an end of illegal immigrants trying to cross the seas for a better life and as a matter of fact there are studies that shows that many are looking into other options other than the United States due to the decline in the quality of life being offered here. I think we need to get off our high horses and look into the fact that one day the United States of America may not be the great country that it once was. To say it is impossible is to deny transitions throughout history where many of mighty empires have fallen. I am also sure that if you as an American, were to visit or reside in another country, you would expect NOT to have your civil rights as a human being violated.

SO SAD some of the mentalities in here.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:23 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,731,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadel812 View Post
Wow Coconuts huh? A term used by many African-Americans to describe blacks from another country (Mostly from the Caribbean Islands). It's a derogatory word, an offensive one that makes me really wonder when this nonsense will stop with the name callings and degrading of other races/cultures. It just goes to show me how much racism and prejudice still exists in a country that claims to embrace diversity.

Just because a person is here illegally does not mean that their "Civil Rights" are stripped and therefore should be violated. For those who are oppose of Civil rights for illegal immigrants are opposed of man, woman and children being treated fairly in this country. There will be a day when Americans will be at the bottom end of the totem pole and all this arrogance will one day come back and bite us in the rare end.

There is so much prejudice in this forum that the stench is more offensive than that of a cesspool. As I read each post, it reminds me that there are people still out there that although claim not to be prejudice, are indeed more prejudice than they profess to be.

Illegal immigration in this country goes way back from the days of the mayflower. Man has always tried to cross the seas to make a better life for themselves, and though there are now laws and rules and regulations against such invasion, the fact remains that the same purposes that the Pilgrims came over to the United States remains the same reason why others are trying to come to the United States. Just as there are many Americans crossing the borders looking for a better quality of live in other countries such as Canada. There will never be an end of illegal immigrants trying to cross the seas for a better life and as a matter of fact there are studies that shows that many are looking into other options other than the United States due to the decline in the quality of life being offered here. I think we need to get off our high horses and look into the fact that one day the United States of America may not be the great country that it once was. To say it is impossible is to deny transitions throughout history where many of mighty empires have fallen. I am also sure that if you as an American, were to visit or reside in another country, you would expect NOT to have your civil rights as a human being violated.

SO SAD some of the mentalities in here.
Don't even go there with that illegal immigration crap--------that same think happened to the Aztecs, etc when the Hispanics AKA White Spaniards arrived in 1492.

Civil rights for illegal immigrants--------they have the same rights as any other lawbreakers.

We; the USA, have the right to defend our borders, etc.

OTOH: if I chose to live in Mexico, legally of course; I would make damn sure to learn Spanish and the customs of that nation------it is called respect.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Don't even go there with that illegal immigration crap--------that same think happened to the Aztecs, etc when the Hispanics AKA White Spaniards arrived in 1492.

Civil rights for illegal immigrants--------they have the same rights as any other lawbreakers.

We; the USA, have the right to defend our borders, etc.

OTOH: if I chose to live in Mexico, legally of course; I would make damn sure to learn Spanish and the customs of that nation------it is called respect.
Hmm I don't recall saying anything about NOT protecting our borders, basically what you are saying is that we should morally castrate all illegal immigrants, including their children right? There are some illegal immigrants who has more pride in this country than some Americans who are born here, some of those who has found this to be a great land will even die for this country before some of those who were actually born here....some has actually contributed positively to this country, better than some of those who were born here......I say each person should be treated as an individual, just because they are not here legally means that they are hardend criminals. I bet if you saw a mexican or any other foriegner you would automacially discriminate against them before knowing them right? I guess you can't help the ignorance and arrogance of some.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:41 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,731,216 times
Quote:
Hmm I don't recall saying anything about NOT protecting our borders, basically what you are saying is that we should morally castrate all illegal immigrants, including their children right? There are some illegal immigrants who has more pride in this country than some Americans who are born here, some of those who has found this to be a great land will even die for this country before some of those who were actually born here....some has actually contributed positively to this country, better than some of those who were born here......I say each person should be treated as an individual, just because they are not here legally means that they are hardend criminals. I bet if you saw a mexican or any other foriegner you would automacially discriminate against them before knowing them right? I guess you can't help the ignorance and arrogance of some.
Bottom line:

If the above people are here illegally------they need to be deported and have their assets seized. Clear enough?

And the Anchor Baby loophole needs to be closed as well (grandfathering in those children already born).

The one exception would be for political refugees------if they can prove their status.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:00 AM

3,861 posts, read 7,439,940 times
Quote:

Illegal immigrants should receive basic human rights and no more. Of course some civil rights overlap with human rights. However, in no way, shape, or form should illegals be afforded the right to vote or obtain employment. Illegals should never be treated as full citizens of our society until they decide to get back in line and become one.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Illegal immigrants should receive basic human rights and no more. Of course some civil rights overlap with human rights. However, in no way, shape, or form should illegals be afforded the right to vote or obtain employment. Illegals should never be treated as full citizens of our society until they decide to get back in line and become one.
Oh I am not saying that they should be entitled to all the benefits of a legal immigrant or even an American citizen; nevertheless, they are humans and should not have their rights even civil rights as human beings be violated. The fact remains that if an American were to go to another country and take up residence they too will have to abide by the rules and regulations of that country, but should their rights be violated because they are illegal or should other countries make special provisions because they are from the great U.S. of A? No, but they deserve to be treated fairly. The Civil Rigths Act does not only pertain to employment, there are many sections to that act.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:14 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,657,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ▒etrdsg43¨ View Post
Time for a chandje is right i am seck of hearing the KKK and their nonsense i say instead of the "kkk" lets lssen to the "que? que? que?" time for a chang, out with the oald and in with the new i all ways say and the "bill of rights" should really be the "bill of lefts" because that way we'ad all have a chance. so much for my opinion just the way i see it if you see it dferant thats cool too. im so sick of racism i no longer eat 'crackers' with my soup its a racest food enyway and i think global warming may kill them off. then we can all enjoy our SOUP but "no more crackers" ha ha ha

Got to go now lait for my mdication my psychiatrist sais if i don't hury up and pay my bill he's going to 'let me go crazy' ---boy what a jerk that guy is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or