U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 11:43 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,997,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
No anthropologist at all, but in the past I've worked with MANY a crew "right out of Mexico", (some by just DAYS). And while the "standard" was the stereotypical Mestizo-looking guy, there were MANY variations...red hair, blond hair, freckles, kinky hair. ALL of them from the poorer classes of society, almost all from Mexico. Many freely discuss their "non-Spanish, non-Indian" ancestry. Percentage of racial makeup? I don't know, But there is a lot of variation, in Mexico alone. The variation in the REST of Latin America is probably as great as that of the US.
For many, to them it suffices to just go by "Mexican". At least here in America. Of the people I know and am related to, we come in all kinds of colors, but we usually go by Mexican when asked about race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 05:12 AM

4,349 posts, read 6,488,960 times
I have always looked at history to make my judgments on religion, and in truth I am far from supporting anything related to the Catholic Church. I see them not as a religion but as a pseudo political organization headed by a benevolent dictator. Their goals have been shown through out their history, and control through fear and force is how they work. Their involvement in the deaths of millions is not in question; their continued crimes against humanity are just camouflaged by those who benefit from their control. I have questioned how any organization with their history can still survive and be respected by any human. If you look at other groups who have been involved in crimes against humanity, or have been linked with death far fewer than the Catholic church, they would have been closed down and their leader thrown in jail. I see bank fraud, thefts, murder, holocaust, attempted government over throws, wars, genocide, lies, and greed from an organization who is claim to be a voice for good. I think I see a voice of evil and greed.

Last edited by cncracer; 07-30-2008 at 05:40 AM..

Old 07-30-2008, 08:48 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,900,435 times
The catholic "church" lost a large number of their former parishioners as a result of the fallout from their molestation of children and overall hypocrisy.

While I usually do not criticize anyone's religion, at the end of the day, the illegal alien is the perfect target and ripe for more victimization. They are poor, illiterate and breed multitudes of children.

Supporting their "plight" will supply an unlimited amount of fresh juvenile victims for the appetites of the pedophile priest and the donations will help rebuild the legal fund, just in case more lawsuit come down the line.

Additionally, because they are in the country illegally, it's not like they are going to the police to report any form of abuse since the catholic church remains one of the few places that openly harbors, aids, abets and condones the actions of illegal aliens' defiance of immigration laws.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:59 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,037,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The catholic "church" lost a large number of their former parishioners as a result of the fallout from their molestation of children and overall hypocrisy.

While I usually do not criticize anyone's religion, at the end of the day, the illegal alien is the perfect target and ripe for more victimization. They are poor, illiterate and breed multitudes of children.

Supporting their "plight" will supply an unlimited amount of fresh juvenile victims for the appetites of the pedophile priest and the donations will help rebuild the legal fund, just in case more lawsuit come down the line.

Additionally, because they are in the country illegally, it's not like they are going to the police to report any form of abuse since the catholic church remains one of the few places that openly harbors, aids, abets and condones the actions of illegal aliens' defiance of immigration laws.
(sigh).........Look, pedophile priests were horrible, definatly a scandal and you will have no argument from me that those involved in covering it up were just as guilty as the priests themselves.
But..........while I am not naive enough to think that all pedophiles have been rooted out of the clergy neither do I believe that church will or can cover up any current or future allegations of abuse. Catholics know of it, talk openly about it and believe me are watching the priests very closely. I talked of this before....that unlike years before where each parish was an island now people talk about what is going on in each parish --- news of pedophilia would travel fast I assure you. Also, people no longer trust that the archbishop will handle things appropriately. Basically, there is accountability. Catholics learned to talk with their wallets by withholding tithing. And it worked. The last pedophile priest in my area was caught by his housekeeper who called police after finding pictures. The archdiocese cut him loose -- finally. It is a new age, and that sh** is over.
Now about illegals I totally agree with you. They will be much less likely to question authority plus unlike their richer catholic counterparts who only have two or three children they have several more. The catholic church needs to get out of politics and needs to stop encouraging illegal immigration.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
(sigh).........Look, pedophile priests were horrible, definatly a scandal and you will have no argument from me that those involved in covering it up were just as guilty as the priests themselves.
But..........while I am not naive enough to think that all pedophiles have been rooted out of the clergy neither do I believe that church will or can cover up any current or future allegations of abuse. Catholics know of it, talk openly about it and believe me are watching the priests very closely. I talked of this before....that unlike years before where each parish was an island now people talk about what is going on in each parish --- news of pedophilia would travel fast I assure you. Also, people no longer trust that the archbishop will handle things appropriately. Basically, there is accountability. Catholics learned to talk with their wallets by withholding tithing. And it worked. The last pedophile priest in my area was caught by his housekeeper who called police after finding pictures. The archdiocese cut him loose -- finally. It is a new age, and that sh** is over.
Now about illegals I totally agree with you. They will be much less likely to question authority plus unlike their richer catholic counterparts who only have two or three children they have several more. The catholic church needs to get out of politics and needs to stop encouraging illegal immigration.
The Catholic Church is the leopard that has never changes his spots, it just hides better. I see the child abuse as the tip of the ice burg, and I would never let a child of mine close to the Catholic Church.

The issues now coming to surface in Europe are of interest also. The formation of the EU seems to have shifted the banking out of Switzerland and into Luxemburg, and in doing so formed a weak spot in Swiss banking. With the banking shift a movement has started to find the German lost (looted) Gold from WW II.
In process now is a law suit which claims the gold of holocaust victims was smuggled to the Vatican Bank at the close of the war. This gold was made up of property and dental filling of holocaust victims as well as treasuries of captured countries. Reports of hundreds of trucks moving the gold have circulated for decades, but now it looks like they may be close to forcing the information out of the Swiss, and in doing so force the opening of the Vatican Bank records. The law suit is in the billions.
Other reports link the use of Holocaust gold to the Catholic run ‘Rat Line” where WW II war Criminals were smuggled out of Europe into Latin America. It is a very ugly story and one I am watching very close.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:42 AM

1,417 posts, read 852,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal
No anthropologist at all, but in the past I've worked with MANY a crew "right out of Mexico", (some by just DAYS). And while the "standard" was the stereotypical Mestizo-looking guy, there were MANY variations...red hair, blond hair, freckles, kinky hair. ALL of them from the poorer classes of society, almost all from Mexico. Many freely discuss their "non-Spanish, non-Indian" ancestry. Percentage of racial makeup? I don't know, But there is a lot of variation, in Mexico alone. The variation in the REST of Latin America is probably as great as that of the US.
From what I've observed on my trips to Mexico is that the darker people, mostly of indigenous descent, are often poorer than their lighter skinned bretheren. I went to Tonala, a destination for masonry and paintings, the people who would be selling things outside would be very dark, and speaking indigenous languages. In California, there is a city called Madera. The recent Mexican immigrants don't even speak Spanish. They usually speak Mixteca or some other languages I'm not familiar with. They're learning both, Spanish and English!

Old 07-30-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
The Catholic Church is the leopard that has never changes his spots, it just hides better. I see the child abuse as the tip of the ice burg, and I would never let a child of mine close to the Catholic Church.

The issues now coming to surface in Europe are of interest also. The formation of the EU seems to have shifted the banking out of Switzerland and into Luxemburg, and in doing so formed a weak spot in Swiss banking. With the banking shift a movement has started to find the German lost (looted) Gold from WW II.
In process now is a law suit which claims the gold of holocaust victims was smuggled to the Vatican Bank at the close of the war. This gold was made up of property and dental filling of holocaust victims as well as treasuries of captured countries. Reports of hundreds of trucks moving the gold have circulated for decades, but now it looks like they may be close to forcing the information out of the Swiss, and in doing so force the opening of the Vatican Bank records. The law suit is in the billions.
Other reports link the use of Holocaust gold to the Catholic run ‘Rat Line” where WW II war Criminals were smuggled out of Europe into Latin America. It is a very ugly story and one I am watching very close.
Show me reputable links that show the vatican was smuggling german war criminals into latin america. Show me reputable links that the vatican is hording the filings of dead jews. I would think that if any of these rumors held merit, Israel would howling (and justifiably so) for justice.

Did you know many catholic priests and nuns were gassed in concentration camps for helping jews? Not all, priests and nuns did the right thing by protecting thier jewish neighbors, regrettably....but there were those that did.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Show me reputable links that show the vatican was smuggling german war criminals into latin america. Show me reputable links that the vatican is hording the filings of dead jews. I would think that if any of these rumors held merit, Israel would howling (and justifiably so) for justice.

Did you know many catholic priests and nuns were gassed in concentration camps for helping jews? Not all, priests and nuns did the right thing by protecting thier jewish neighbors, regrettably....but there were those that did.
Camping, I will send them to you by direct mail tonight, I am at work and should be working but this addiction keeps pulling me back.
Israel is all over this and I hope they keep digging. Look up "Rat line" on Google and it will give you tons of data. That is a given and proof exist in spades. The Catholic Church ran the camps in Croatia during WW II, and one of their Cardinals was convicted of war crimes for that action. That is also easy to document.
I would be the fist to accept some catholics were killed as I think most are good people and just don't see what their organization is and has done.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
Camping, I will send them to you by direct mail tonight, I am at work and should be working but this addiction keeps pulling me back.
Israel is all over this and I hope they keep digging. Look up "Rat line" on Google and it will give you tons of data. That is a given and proof exist in spades. The Catholic Church ran the camps in Croatia during WW II, and one of their Cardinals was convicted of war crimes for that action. That is also easy to document.
I would be the fist to accept some catholics were killed as I think most are good people and just don't see what their organization is and has done.
Thanks, I look forward to reading them.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:21 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,310,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
For many, to them it suffices to just go by "Mexican". At least here in America. Of the people I know and am related to, we come in all kinds of colors, but we usually go by Mexican when asked about race.
Except that Mexican is not a race. It is a nationality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration