Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 10:34 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Perhaps that is why we give them billions to fight their war on drugs.
To use your own intelligent response you gave me on another thread:

Quote:
DUH
Fact is, the war is on their turf, not ours, yet we fund it and cannot control out own citizens thirst for drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
To use your own intelligent response you gave me on another thread:

Fact is, the war is on their turf, not ours, yet we fund it and cannot control out own citizens thirst for drugs.
If we secured our border the problem would presumably dry up Americas thirst for illegal drugs. Maybe it would dry up Mexicans thirst for American soil and corporate Americas thirst for illegal profiits. Securing our border just might solve a lot of problems. Sounds great to me. I'm with you on that.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
If we secured our border the problem would presumably dry up Americas thirst for illegal drugs. Maybe it would dry up Mexicans thirst for American soil and corporate Americas thirst for illegal profiits. Securing our border just might solve a lot of problems. Sounds great to me. I'm with you on that.
3 words holes, airplanes and boats.

Oh and trampolines... fence bypassed.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
3 words holes, airplanes and boats.

Oh and trampolines... fence bypassed.
Didnt mention fence but that would prob. solve 90% of the problem. Couple holes boats and airplanes better than wide open. Build a better mousetrap. Yeah sounds great. Lets do it. Seems billions to the Mex gov is like gas on the fire, not working so well. We should fight this thing on our turf with better border security.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:27 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Ah now we shall hear the complaints about LEGAL educated Mexicans...

Why would you think it is a dying country AZBear? Perhaps they are making some needed house cleaning and innocent people are getting caught in the crime wave.

The question should be: Where will Americans get their drugs if Mexico succeeds to shut down the drug cartels?
Ask me if I give a damn!

Aside from marijuana and possibly cocaine: all illicit drugs (especially Meth) shound remain illegal--------and, the dealers/users prosecuted severely.

Good God; Mach50---------you act as if you are grasping at straws here------and what is unknown.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:25 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
The question should be: Where will Americans get their drugs if Mexico succeeds to shut down the drug cartels?
IMO, it would be a blessing if no drugs could enter this country from Mexico (or anywhere). The addicts would just have to detox. Unfortunately, in addition to the Mexican government and the cartels profiting from illicit drug trafficking, there are prominent people in this country who also have their hands in the till. I agree with AzBear….marijuana should be legalized.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
IMO, it would be a blessing if no drugs could enter this country from Mexico (or anywhere). The addicts would just have to detox. Unfortunately, in addition to the Mexican government and the cartels profiting from illicit drug trafficking, there are prominent people in this country who also have their hands in the till. I agree with AzBear….marijuana should be legalized.
Well I think we have a consensus, I knew you were my kind of people .

Old 06-17-2008, 09:59 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
What? It is known that nearly 80% of the drugs coming into America come through Mexico. Mexico's government is now at war with the cartels.

I am not asking you to mourn anything. If Americans didn't have such a thirst for drugs I doubt Mexico would be in such an ordeal.

Sounds like yoiu Mexicans won't accept the blame for anything. No one forces a drug trafficker to sell drugs, make his career drugs. It's greed, the disregard for human life, even to the point that young children are being offered meth to get them addicted at a very early age. Mexicans were gleeful about their destruction of American youth, the damage they inflicted on black inner city youth, and now their drug trafficking superior attitude is snapping back on them.

It turns out the drugs are hurting the drug dealing country far more than the drug using country -- although no one can really deny that Mexico is facing a big problem of drug addiction itself.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:02 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I think all drugs should be legalized in Mexico first. If the purpose of making every sort of drug including meth legal in the USA is to attempt to solve all of Mexico's many social problems, then it would do no good at all as long as the drugs were still illegal in Mexico.

We should control and enforce the borders, let Mexico experiment with drug legalization. In fact if drugs were made legal in Mexico, the sales in Mexico would rise dramatically, the Mexican drug traffickers would save the overhead in trying to cross their drugs, they could sell them more cheaply on Mexican streets and in Mexican schools.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:25 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think all drugs should be legalized in Mexico first. If the purpose of making every sort of drug including meth legal in the USA is to attempt to solve all of Mexico's many social problems, then it would do no good at all as long as the drugs were still illegal in Mexico.

We should control and enforce the borders, let Mexico experiment with drug legalization. In fact if drugs were made legal in Mexico, the sales in Mexico would rise dramatically, the Mexican drug traffickers would save the overhead in trying to cross their drugs, they could sell them more cheaply on Mexican streets and in Mexican schools.
I like your way of thinking - and I love this idea. I wish it would be implemented soon. All the loser tweakers in the US could make a mass exodus for SOB and petty theft would see a huge decline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration