Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 01:07 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Ah now we shall hear the complaints about LEGAL educated Mexicans...

Why would you think it is a dying country AZBear? Perhaps they are making some needed house cleaning and innocent people are getting caught in the crime wave.

The question should be: Where will Americans get their drugs if Mexico succeeds to shut down the drug cartels?

Why would anyone complain about LEGAL MEXICAN IMMIGRANTS?

It's no secret that there is a major problem with drug traffikers killing, raping, and kidnapping rich people in Mexico. Mexico City is dangerous 24 hours a day.

If they come here legally I don't have a problem with it, people who can add value without being leeches off the system are always welcome in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 01:24 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times
Quote:
It is not new but it appears to have gotten a lot worse over the years. What used to be something of small time police corruption is now more like organized crime, Zetas are organized crime. Also it is much more real when hits your own family.
Organized crime exists in most countries.

Ever hear of the Russian Mafia? Or the Chinese Triads? Sicilian Mafia?

Mexico has it too in the form of cartels. It has always been a criminal organization. The Zetas are not an organized mafia, they are hitmen for the cartels in Juarez.

The cartels in TJ have been dealt some hard blows, so they are fighting back angrily causing violence to jump.

This stuff has been going on since cocaine got popular. Before then even.

Its not the sign of a country crumbling.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:29 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,384,085 times
Read most of the posts but I did not see one mentioning Mexico's own drug problem.
Yes, Mexico itself has lots of drug users. Seen it across the border in Juarez. Go to the clubs and you'll see lots of sniffers.
I guess it has blown up in their face. Play a dirty game with your neighbor by being the drug dealer, and it will eventually catch up with you also.

"The last, but certainly not the least, credibility problem faced by the war on “drugs” waged in Mexico since 1994 is a sharp increase in illicit drug consumption, cocaine and crack especially, announced by OGD as early as 1995, and confirmed by a study of the Mexican health ministry. . "

Last edited by WildWestDude; 06-20-2008 at 01:37 PM..

Old 06-20-2008, 01:55 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
Read most of the posts but I did not see one mentioning Mexico's own drug problem.
Yes, Mexico itself has lots of drug users. Seen it across the border in Juarez. Go to the clubs and you'll see lots of sniffers.
I guess it has blown up in their face. Play a dirty game with your neighbor by being the drug dealer, and it will eventually catch up with you also.

"The last, but certainly not the least, credibility problem faced by the war on “drugs” waged in Mexico since 1994 is a sharp increase in illicit drug consumption, cocaine and crack especially, announced by OGD as early as 1995, and confirmed by a study of the Mexican health ministry. . "
Again, drug use is all over the world. Especially where there is a lot of poverty. Especially where there is rich folk. Mexico has both.

Blown up in their face? Play a dirty game with your neighbor?

Do you honestly think the country of Mexico is terrorizing the pure lily white United States by forcing their drugs on them?

Old 06-20-2008, 02:01 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
My uncle as well as most people in my family have lost hope in the government of Mexico, I thought things were getting better but they are not. Many would love to stay, but it makes no sense when you are in danger and being exploited, I guess this has been happening for 2 years to my uncle and now business is not so good, yet Zetas want their money.

It is one sign when poor uneducated people leave the country to find work, it is on another level when your educated business owners leave.

Unfortunately, revolution is much easier said than done.

My family believes it will take an act from the US to fix Mexico, it shouldn't be that way, but it is.
Mach50 and I have had some well known squabbles on this board; but, I am afraid that he has nailed this one spot on.

I have been having a queasy feeling for a while now that 'something' ain't right (or safe) here in Arizona either. Why I say that is if Mx were to collapse; we would be inudated by frightened/injured refugees from Nogales up to Tucson.

Anymore; I cannot call the future on this one.........aside from things are going to become worse before they improve.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:40 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Unfortunately, thanks to our porous borders, there is really nothing to prevent the Zetas from entering this country at will. Thus, there is actually no safe haven for those fleeing Mexico. This is simply another glaring illustration of why our borders MUST be secured.

Hopefully, your uncle will escape harm.

This is true. They are also coming here in large numbers to escape the violence they are involved in back home.

Mexicans who have participated in the drug trafficking -- and a great many have, are now moving to the USA. They fear the drug lords and other criminals who frequent their plush restaurants and opulent nightclubs so are closing them and reopening them on the USA side.

These clubs aren't for Americans, they're for all the Mexicans living here, and of course include the strutting drug lords and other criminals. Now there are hitlists for those on the USA side of the border. They can run but they really cannot hide. The same open border that allows one drug lord-criminal to come over here where it's safer, allows his opponent drug lord-criminal to come over there too.

This is what happens when tens of millions of people refuse to reform their own country and figure USA citizenship is the easy way out and must be offered to them on a silver platter. Mass migration only leads to major instability.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post

Exactly. Since you're in El Paso, you know about the hit lists here and the nightclubs on them.

Those nightclubs that are mentioned in the text messages warnings are where the Mexican drug lords hang out. Cocaine is snorted in the bathrooms and in the parking lots. No Americans go to those clubs, they are geared to the Mexicans. Mexicans who deal their drugs right in those clubs -- that's why they're now the targets.

It's ridiculous to think that Mexicans are immune to their drugs. The Mexicans here use more drugs than anyone.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Why would anyone complain about LEGAL MEXICAN IMMIGRANTS?

It's no secret that there is a major problem with drug traffikers killing, raping, and kidnapping rich people in Mexico. Mexico City is dangerous 24 hours a day.

If they come here legally I don't have a problem with it, people who can add value without being leeches off the system are always welcome in this country.

Depends on the motives in coming here. Legal immigration should be limited to only those who truly with to be American, and who have the ability and desire to learn our language and our cultural ways.

Many wealthy Mexicans connected with the Mexican crimianal rings buy laser visas, come to American hospitals to give birth and of course obtain the USA birth certificates.

Many use the USA as a way to commit crimes in Mexico but have a safe hideout on our side of the border. They use the border for their crimes, they smuggle drugs, weapons, humans, and whatever else. They figure the USA must provide them security and they can go on getting themselves extremely rich through their criminal enterprises.

They all don't smuggle drugs directly -- many participate in money laundering, car theft, tax evasion, extortion and kidnapping for ransom. It's not just drugs by a long shot, it's any kind of criminal activity that makes them big money.

Old 06-21-2008, 02:19 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This is true. They are also coming here in large numbers to escape the violence they are involved in back home.

Mexicans who have participated in the drug trafficking -- and a great many have, are now moving to the USA. They fear the drug lords and other criminals who frequent their plush restaurants and opulent nightclubs so are closing them and reopening them on the USA side.

These clubs aren't for Americans, they're for all the Mexicans living here, and of course include the strutting drug lords and other criminals. Now there are hitlists for those on the USA side of the border. They can run but they really cannot hide. The same open border that allows one drug lord-criminal to come over here where it's safer, allows his opponent drug lord-criminal to come over there too.

This is what happens when tens of millions of people refuse to reform their own country and figure USA citizenship is the easy way out and must be offered to them on a silver platter. Mass migration only leads to major instability.
And; it is more dangerous for said drug lords to operate here in the USA even semi openly, if caught, they face some serious time in the US prisons------word has it our lockups are harsher than the Mx versions when dealing with the above high profile 'guests'.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:49 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,384,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Again, drug use is all over the world. Especially where there is a lot of poverty. Especially where there is rich folk. Mexico has both.

Do you honestly think the country of Mexico is terrorizing the pure lily white United States by forcing their drugs on them?
No, but Mexicans always like to point out that there is a supply by these dumb "gringos".
While Mexico might not be terrorizing, they are the drug dealers. This is something they should not be proud of and is one more reason why our border should be completely shut
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration