Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 07:39 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
MEXICO CITY - In February, Salvador Urbina decided he was tired of the shootouts, the kidnappings and the military patrols in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juárez.

So he put his house up for sale, packed up his car and moved his wife and children to El Paso, Texas, joining a growing stream of professionals who are relocating to the United States to get away from Mexico's drug wars.
Arizona Republic article

I swear this may be a sign that Mexico is getting ready to fly apart.

Reading between the lines; these white collar professionals sound like legal immigrants complete with visas, etc.

It was one thing with the peons coming up here----------now it is educated people AKA the Scottsdale, Az types who are following.

To me that is a sign of a dying country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 08:53 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Arizona Republic article

I swear this may be a sign that Mexico is getting ready to fly apart.

Reading between the lines; these white collar professionals sound like legal immigrants complete with visas, etc.

It was one thing with the peons coming up here----------now it is educated people AKA the Scottsdale, Az types who are following.

To me that is a sign of a dying country.
Maybe a "dying country".....or maybe just a country being 'pushed to the wall', unable to ignore its problems any longer, and being forced to 'do something' about it, that should have been done 40 years ago. I hope so, because we here in the US don't REALLY want our next door neigbor to 'fall apart'....sure would be nice thoough, if they could 'get their act together'. Maybe this will force them to take action.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:20 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Ah now we shall hear the complaints about LEGAL educated Mexicans...

Why would you think it is a dying country AZBear? Perhaps they are making some needed house cleaning and innocent people are getting caught in the crime wave.

The question should be: Where will Americans get their drugs if Mexico succeeds to shut down the drug cartels?

Old 06-16-2008, 09:25 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Ah now we shall hear the complaints about LEGAL educated Mexicans...

Why would you think it is a dying country AZBear? Perhaps they are making some needed house cleaning and innocent people are getting caught in the crime wave.

The question should be: Where will Americans get their drugs if Mexico succeeds to shut down the drug cartels?
I'm sorry, I don't get you......are you calling Mexico Americas drug dealer? And if you are, why should we mourn a drug dealers death?

Old 06-16-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I'm sorry, I don't get you......are you calling Mexico Americas drug dealer? And if you are, why should we mourn a drug dealers death?
What? It is known that nearly 80% of the drugs coming into America come through Mexico. Mexico's government is now at war with the cartels.

I am not asking you to mourn anything. If Americans didn't have such a thirst for drugs I doubt Mexico would be in such an ordeal.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
What? It is known that nearly 80% of the drugs coming into America come through Mexico. Mexico's government is now at war with the cartels.

I am not asking you to mourn anything. If Americans didn't have such a thirst for drugs I doubt Mexico would be in such an ordeal.
Ah, so the US is the cause of all Mexicos problems? It couldn't be the corrupt government and corrupt police that take bribes as a matter of course that allowed this drug culture to flourish? Had Mexico actually wanted to stop it years ago, they could have. Why its blowing up in their faces now, I have no idea. Still, despite demand from North of the border they themselves profitted enough from it to allow its growth.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Ah, so the US is the cause of all Mexicos problems? It couldn't be the corrupt government and corrupt police that take bribes as a matter of course that allowed this drug culture to flourish? Had Mexico actually wanted to stop it years ago, they could have. Why its blowing up in their faces now, I have no idea. Still, despite demand from North of the border they themselves profitted enough from it to allow its growth.
Calm down...Did I say ALL problems? Obviously there is corruption in their government a large part of their demand is coming from America.

If you don't know what has happened, some good cops have ratted out some bad cops in Mexico along the US Border. These bad cops were in cahoots with the drug cartels. In retaliation the drug cartels went and killed the good cops, some good cops fled to the United States. Now the Federal Police have moved into fight the drug cartels and an all out war has ensued.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Calm down...Did I say ALL problems? Obviously there is corruption in their government a large part of their demand is coming from America.

If you don't know what has happened, some good cops have ratted out some bad cops in Mexico along the US Border. These bad cops were in cahoots with the drug cartels. In retaliation the drug cartels went and killed the good cops, some good cops fled to the United States. Now the Federal Police have moved into fight the drug cartels and an all out war has ensued.
Then why try to lay the blame at the US feet? Seems to me that as awful as this is, the Mexican government laid the foundation for this drug war years ago.
I feel sorry for the people caught in the crossfire....unfortunatly those that profitted from it are no doubt all the safer living in gated communities with body guards.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Then why try to lay the blame at the US feet? Seems to me that as awful as this is, the Mexican government laid the foundation for this drug war years ago.
I feel sorry for the people caught in the crossfire....unfortunatly those that profitted from it are no doubt all the safer living in gated communities with body guards.
Does some blame not belong with Americas demand for these drugs that destroy border towns?

BTW Mexico has been on an 18 month crack down on drug cartels.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:
Does some blame not belong with Americas demand for these drugs that destroy border towns?

BTW Mexico has been on an 18 month crack down on drug cartels.
Perhaps that is why we give them billions to fight their war on drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration